SAU Community

My Car Got Impounded :(

i do have my facts straight.

dangerous driving is worse, u can lose ur license for up to 12months and fined up to 2k & it goes on ur criminal record.

True with dangerous if the judge is nice, he can let u off without loss of licence and a minimum of $6## fine and u have to pay $200 court costs.

wreckless is lose licence and fine.

u decide which is worse, i'd rather not have a criminal record.

been there done that

ok well i only just spoke to a lawyer bout it on monday. So i think ill take the lawyer an judges word for it b4 you... are you from wa maybe the laws are different were you are

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do have my facts straight.

dangerous driving is worse, u can lose ur license for up to 12months and fined up to 2k & it goes on ur criminal record.

I had few police clearances over the years and my Dangerous charge has never shown :closedeyes:

I had few police clearances over the years and my Dangerous charge has never shown :closedeyes:

Pretty sure only the 2nd dangerous driving charge will show up, and thats still on Judges dudication so there is a chance it wont show up on your record then even. That I know for a fact as friend has been through it. :laugh:

If the police didnt see the incident plead not guilty, you have to be proven guilty before you can be charged.

Just deny the whole thing in court, so what if there was dust u could have been making a u turn :P

lolwut? you can be charged before proven guilty, that's what court is for - if you are found guilty you have been convicted.

Pretty sure only the 2nd dangerous driving charge will show up, and thats still on Judges dudication so there is a chance it wont show up on your record then even. That I know for a fact as friend has been through it. :)

wtf is dudication?

I still think they should have some empty tarmac 'carparks' around perth (obviously not near houses) for 'hoons' to go to and do burnouts for free. Just whack a sign on the entry saying the driver is responsible for any damage/injury/loss of life to cover their arse from a lawsuit. Would keep a few of them from doing it in suburbs at midnight or later.

Anyway you were very unlucky, you were trying to be safe by doing it in an empty carpark at a time when nobody was around (except the plod!). Of course the court/law won't give a crap about that.

Edited by big col

ouch, sucks that your car got impounded..

As stupid as hoon laws are I guess they're there for a reason..

The other week I was at a set of traffic lights and took off a bit fast and may have gone a little bit (10-20 tops) over the speed limit.. undercover cops saw this and pulled me up, I denied doing it, they had no proof so all I got was a yellow sticker. they did give me a warning for reckless driving though..

so if you deny it and they have no proof there may not be much that they can do..

This is exactly why you dont do burnouts in a public place, or do them where anyone might see them for that matter.. you probably got dobbed in by some old lady who couldnt get to sleep.. hope u didnt lose ur license

Man doing Donuts in a gravel carpark is a no no in a nice car like a Skyline. Think of all the Gravel chips and shit being hurled toward your paint and rims. Leave that sort of driving for VN Crappadores

to true mate, no fvcking way would i do skids on gravel.

i was at a intersetion last sat wen some asshole decided 2 do a burnout in front of my gay vs commonhore an smoked the street an i went threw the smoke next thing u no im being pulled over an there tryin 2 sting me 4 doin burnouts lucky i have alot wider tyres an lsd so i was let go but they still gave me a warning :blink:

I think everyone is mostly missing the point here. You did a skid and confessed to it so you deserve to lose your license. Going on what have seen with my mates that have been convicted under the hoon laws, you will lose your license for 6-9 months and recieve some stupidly large fine (somewhere between $700-1000), which is the going rate atm.

ok well i only just spoke to a lawyer bout it on monday. So i think ill take the lawyer an judges word for it b4 you... are you from wa maybe the laws are different were you are

Do you have any pics of the location?

Perhaps a pic of you at the location?

Many thanks,

Tj pennyfarthing the third.

LOL thats not a "stupidly large fine "

The magnitude of the fine does not match the severity of the crime IMO...

You'd have to be doing like 50km/h over the speed limit to get a fine like that... yet doing burnouts in a parking lot attracts the same penalty... Yep they correlate perfectly. :D

My closest brush with "the hoon law" was when i gave this bloke a street race, we both flew past this cop sitting on the side of the road and he pulled us both over and we both got let off with a warning :D .