SAU Community

Love The Beast

CRD

Nice results...but

I cant help myself. CRD gave the GTR its cult status in Australia? :) LOL i am not sure, but based on the amount of Suzuki GTIs you used to do back in the day i will pay the fact that you made those the cult car of the early 90s :P:D

Again, good work on the results! :P

Its easy roy.....Let me give you some instruction to be able to see it there way........insert your head as far up as your own arse as possible......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work!

What sort of boost is it running? Excuse my ignorance but was it a turbo upgrade or is still running the stock ones?

17 pounds I think. Stock turbo. Its the investment in the HKS kit up front that makes making power in this car easy. Jim did the cam timing today which yielded another 20 or so kilowatts atw. Still waiting for injectors and spark plugs to arrive. Once I have these goodies, and another round of tuning, should be ready for another night at the drags. The thing runs 0 -100 in 3.1 seconds consistently now. If I nail a launch I could see sub 3.0, in fact I may well have done that on the way to the 10.8 run the other night. Anyway, if I can fluke a cold night, some high octane fuel, and a good launch a sub 10.5 should be do-able.

• 10 months later...

Ok, I'll come clean, CRD are now completing phase two of my build. I previously did the HKS 570 kit, injectors, cobb etc. As you can see below we are now doing the serious stuff. GReddy turbo kit, HKS intercoolers, HKS tranny cooler, Willal sump, fuel pump (E85), 1000cc injectors, 4 inch exhaust.

Should be done in a couple of weeks...

Jim has built a custom 4 inch exhaust (3.5 inch dump pipes), single side exit. White 35 had it fitted yesterday - much quieter and no drone for normal driving, unreal on boost.

post-61024-1280544382_thumb.jpgpost-61024-1280544386_thumb.jpgpost-61024-1280544393_thumb.jpgpost-61024-1280544399_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...