SAU Community

R32 Vs R33

buckets

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having owned both i can say the R32 has better feel when it comes to handling and with the same mods in a straight line they will be pretty much as quick as each other. Then when you put a RB25 in a r32 it becomes an epic win

How much are you looking to spend? my old car has been for sale for a while so you should be able to get it for a good price http://www.sauqld.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=1780

cheers guys.

seems that there are alot of different opinions from people.

to col-GTSX, yeah cheers man, dont really seem to have enough money for a 34, would love a gtt but 33 is my next best option.

Having also owned both a r33 and a rb20 r32 and a rb25 r32, it just depends on what you intend to use the car for.

the r33 was by far the more comfortable and practical car. it had working air con, all the switches worked etc etc

the r32 with its coilovers, rb25, power fc etc, while being a very very fun car to drive, is a farken pain in the ass to drive, especially on longer trips. but as soon as you put the peddal down, it puts a grin on your face..

ps. when the r32 was in its rb20 form, was a bit disappointing. the car sounded like it could go, but farken would not accelerate, despite sounding louder than jesus killing hamsters with a chainsaw

That's my point i guess. Much more likely that you can just jump in and drive a r33 if you buy it, whereas you'd probably have to do something to a r32.

if this is your train of thought; you are in deep shit!!. if you are in the market fora 32/33, treat every one you look at on it's merits or you are going to get caught out big time. there are just as many shitbox 33s out there as 32s.

This thread makes baby jesus cry :banana:

I cant believe im going to reply in this... (cough)

Honestly, stock for stock, R32 GTS-t vs R33 GTS-t

The R33 is faster, smoother, stronger, better value for money, younger & better brakes

The R32 is more rigid, lighter & has a classic cult following

What im saying is they both have a place in the world for different reasons. Not all later models are better, but with Skylines they met what the market wanted in 1989 with the R32, then they met the market again in 1993 with the R33, cars are an evolution of what the target market wants... As such they met the market in 2007 with the R35GTR... Its all relivent...

Your choice, but for me it always comes down to age... Both are more than 10 years old now, some R32's are infact 20 years old this year...

But on a budget, id go for the youngest R33 you can afford (ie. Series 2) so your on the right track...

I often hear people say the R32 is more rigid but does anyone actually have any proof of this? It seems counter intuitive to the improved (strengthened) R33 locations of the suspension mount points both front and rear. As for being lighter there isn't really that much in it, I read R32 1310kg vs R33 1390kg.

That's 6% more weight with 25% more engine displacement and bigger brakes, gearbox, steering arms, etc etc. R33 would also have better weight distribution as the engine weight is not much more for R33 than R32, the rest of the weight must be behind the front axle.

As for looks I find the R33 better, the R32 GTS looks like poo and a total drift wannabe car. Often seem to be driven by guys who also own a poverty S13.

R33 currently has a poor rep due simply to their popularity and the number of slow ones around due to standard ECU - I'm one of them !

my r32 with a rb25 and no abs or hicas weighed 1290kg with the fuel light on

my r33 weighed 1405kg with ABS and A-LSD and the fuel light not quite on

this was only on the scales at the tip but both were done on the same scales so the difference should be legit if not the total figure

you can reallt feel the weight in the R33 on the road too

32 > 33 anyday.. 33 has better running gear.. thats about it.. but its expected.. being newer and all >_> but still doesn't save it lol.. 33's are ugly boats rofl.. shit looking interior IMO compared to 32.. im talking clean interior too... nfi wat they were thinking wen they made the 33 but oh well has good running gear.. 32 and 34 are hot..defiantly made well.. my 2cents lol

i agree with 32JEZ 32 all the way!!!!

havent owned a r33

but i hav owned a r32 gtst with a rb25 in it went like a cut snake and and was alot of fun.

i now own a r32 gts4 and love it even more sticks to the road like s#%t to a blanket!!!

r33 just look big and boatish and there as common as ar........ where i live.

but really is up to you, depends what one you like and what your planning on doing with it.

i think they are all good, i've owned a few r33's and driven many r32's and r34's. like people have already said each model is just enhanced as the years go by and are all different to drive. its obvious if you throw a r25det into a r32 its going to go like a rocket but thats not the point here.

it all comes down to what you like, test drive both and see for yourself then decide. at the end of the day you can make ether one go faster, stop better and handle better so it comes down to what you personally like.

-alex

:whistling:

alex

yeah man cheers aye

ive driven a 32 and 33, but never a 34, would be nice to just see how they go.

my personal preference has always been the 33s, but ive always love the shape of the 32's.

the one big factor for me now is the age, 32's are now 20 years old, so after a period of time things are gonna break or fail.

but yeah, age is the biggest one for me, a 34 would be nice, but there still selling fairly high so 33 it my best option :down:

o and keep them all coming, good to hear different opinions about each model

maybe someone could now shed some light on the 34s, and why they are such a well car [wink wink]

Edited by buckets

32 > 33 anyday.. 33 has better running gear.. thats about it.. but its expected.. being newer and all >_> but still doesn't save it lol.. 33's are ugly boats rofl.. shit looking interior IMO compared to 32.. im talking clean interior too... nfi wat they were thinking wen they made the 33 but oh well has good running gear.. 32 and 34 are hot..defiantly made well.. my 2cents lol

Apparently 4 door R32's are god's gift to the Skyline world...

R33 S2 would be my advise.

Try and get something with an airbag also. Not sure how many clean cars you will find around for 12K that haven't been molested.. But i wish you all the success in the world.

Big piece of advise, make sure you get a mechanic to check everything over first. This is coming from someone who is on his 5th skyline now. R33 4-Door, R33 GTR, R34 4-Door, R34, R34GTR - And i had them all checked out execept my 33GTR...which has just cost me 9K (not in engine rebuilds) to fix...all because i thought i knew my sh!t.....

Costly mistake. - But mind you, its now a weapon and has all the goods, no expense spared :down: - Might be up for sale soon if anyone is interested in a GTR, chuck me a PM.

Thanks

I'd pick the R32, I had one for a month and didn't mind it one bit. They look better than the R33's as well.

I agree they need an RB25,26,30 etc etc to get the most out them though.

I'd pick the R32, I had one for a month and didn't mind it one bit. They look better than the R33's as well.

I agree they need an RB25,26,30 etc etc to get the most out them though.

hey mate

yeah i agree, i love the look of the 32s but its just they're so old nowadays.

still, in 89 when they were released they still had climate control, power mirrors, power steering etc.

they were so ahead of their time back in the day

if this is your train of thought; you are in deep shit!!. if you are in the market fora 32/33, treat every one you look at on it's merits or you are going to get caught out big time. there are just as many shitbox 33s out there as 32s.

Don't get me wrong mate, i'm not naive. Fact of the matter is that 33's are on average 5 years younger. Thrashed ones are still going to be thrashed, but un thrashed ones are going to be in better condition than an un thrashed 32.

That, and the fact that there's probably more 33's out there.