SAU Community

Old Pacific Highway Is Now 40km/hr

d00dz

It's a bit sad considering a few weeks ago I didn't need to use my brakes at all at 60 km/h... in heavy rain with tyres that where as good at gripping in the best of conditions as KY jelly...

Looks like I'll be on the market for the world's worst handling car so that the 40km/h speed limit seems exciting :P

Stuff george street. New hangout will be the oph.

Plenty of room for everyone to stand either side.. won't be dangerous because everyone is doing 40. Looooooooooong lap(s).

Hektik.

Gaids.

Only way It'll reduce deaths and accidents because no one will drive it....they may as well just put it to 20kms

So what happens when the F3 is closed?

Oh yay, thank f**k for sitting in 40km traffic....

rta/state governmant can eat many bowls of d!cks on this one.

edit - exactly Jase!

I wonder if they are going to remove EVERY rec corner speed sign....

oh, this was at 60km...so better reduce it to 15km in line with 40kms speed limit...

go back 5-10 years it was 80 the whole way - Berowra to Gosford, even one part near gosford it used to be 100kms...

then from mooney mooney/brooklyn it went to 60kms, that was a good few years back now.

oh noes... 26km of school zone! lol

I remember a few years back the GOR down here in Vic was 100km/h the whole way, was fun as you couldn't break the speed limit even if you were really pushing (except for the straights and there aren't that many)... nowadays its 80km/h and is usually chockers with tourists driving 60km/h... I can't imagine the amount of gheyness that a 40km/h limit would bring...

too many bikers exceeding their talent and hurting themselves hey?

Word is that it's not the entire stretch. It's just in a "short" span where they're doing work on the cliffs, because of falling rocks.

So instead of hitting loose debris and possibly sliding off the road, you're now increasing your time in a location where hard shit falls out of the sky. Ask residents in the Wollongong / Shell Harbour area how safe that is.

Honestly, most "street racers" going up there flat stick will have an instant loss of license even with the 60-80km/hr limits. Dropping it to 40 doesn't change a thing for them. Assuming the above isn't true, it's just another case of a law hurting law abiding citizens with no effects on the people who ignore the rules.