SAU Community

Oran Park Gp Track Day Wrap Up Thread

GTRsean

great day and steep learning curve. Had an excellent time. Thanks to all who helped in the garage and also the seniors for their great advice. Would have been good to get someone in the car but after my turn 2 incidents i couldnt see many people would put their hand up.lol. Its good to know that the car will double for a lawn mower.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say thanks to EVERYONE who put this day together.

And I wish I were feeling as "uber" as everyone else, unfortunately, it's rebuild time... :(

I believe my car was first casualty of the day...

First session out was good, with Brad giving some handy tips.

Second session out, I was enjoying it, until it ended early with an injector wire coming off.

Third session out, I was having a ball, out there on my own, chasing two other cars around the circuit, up until around the 4th or 5th lap, where my engine decided to let loose a big end bearing...

Car was insanely fun, wheel spinning at 130KM/H down the main straight... :blink::) :)

Well wasn't that a shit hot day,,,I may have not driven but the smiles on all you lots faces put a smile on mine.

Abo,,,well done mate!!! as per usual.

To all you new guys,,,you all did yourselves proud. Nice driving girls and boys.

A pic of JP's car throwing flames would be cool.

Neil.

Yep big thanks to everyone who help on the day and to make it happen. I had a fun day for the most part.I got towed home, time to kick back and enjoy another rebuild lol. i got 277 photos will try edit some and get them up tomorrow as i got work in 5 hours.

Yep big thanks to everyone who help on the day and to make it happen. I had a fun day for the most part.I got towed home, time to kick back and enjoy another rebuild lol. i got 277 photos will try edit some and get them up tomorrow as i got work in 5 hours.

What happened?

Adrian!

I guess you didnt like my mx5?? :blink:

At least the 33 got a feature :) hahahaha

Matt and Brad - so sorry to hear guys, thats gotta suck :)

Hope its a quick and easy buil, nothing major.

Absolutely awesome, I was in the newb patrol, and although the drivers briefing was long, I learned alot from it. Thanks to everyone at SAU for putting this on, I was pretty nervous, but after a few laps you get the groove of it. That beast R33 white machine was loco, well done. Heres a quick video I did up for the day!

Video of Todays Ownage.

SKYLINES---->Best f'ing cars in the world..................

P.S. FEAR you are a psycho......

Can I hire Tokyo Drift Girls to clean my engine bay next time?

Hey All,

I had a great day. Big thanks to the organizers and helpers :) What a fun track! So we've got it again in August huh?

Scott, after you told my eyes off, they started behaving. Hopefully, next time they wont let you down :)

Marcus

PS> PICS! :blink:

Adrian!

I guess you didnt like my mx5?? :blink:

At least the 33 got a feature :) hahahaha

I really don't, hey. It was one of the fastest cars through turn one though.

Another big thanks to the organisers. Was really an awesome day.

Unfortunately brake issues meant i couldn't get more than 1 quick lap a session. Rears went at Wakie last month, looks like fronts have now gone also. When's the next track day? Third time lucky i guess.

A massive thanks to Paul (MADGTR) for both jumping in with me in the morning, and then taking me for a spin later on. Really appreciate it mate. Cannot believe the difference in the way your car pulled up on brakes, compared to mine.

Yeah a big thanks to the organisers and helpers today, you guys are the true performers cause all of this wouldn't happen without you. :)

We had an awesome day (apart from the little mishap after lunch involving an oil line which ended the day for us, curiously enough Duncan had just finished taking the car for a spin :) ) The car was incredible all day and even drove onto the trailer which was is always a bonus (who said RB's aren't reliable?)

Glad to hear everyone had a ball and hope to see you all at the next one. :blink:

awesome day guys.......and thanks for letting an EVO out on the track (especially a slow one like mine ;) - i know I didn't do the EVO's any justice!!! ), apologies to anyone in my session if i held you up AND A MASSIVE thanks to Chris for taking me out in his crazy MX5... mate you drive that thing like a mad man..very inspiring, :P that's what i should do, i.e grow some bigger balls and then drive like that :cool: