SAU Community

T04z Like?

Was going to post this in the forced induction section, but I doubt "story telling" will be favoured by the mod's.

Car's been off the road for the good part of a year (September).

Built motor (standard capacity), .84 t04z & fair bit of weight-loss .. looking for 400+ kw.

Yet to score a ride in a t04z powered R, or anything single turbo'd to match (been in a t88).

So if any owner's want to share their experience's..

How it feels, adrenaline factor, how it come's on etc etc.... Just trying to butter myself up for the future.. Shouldn't be much more then a month away.. Great deal of time, money & sleep less nights involved during the build up... Hope it lives up to my expectations ;):thumbsup: :thumbsup: me up..

Tomek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRR_aisRgPI...feature=related

Edited by Tomek

I never tire of that video, looks like power shoots up after 5kish rpm; if it can make tsychia go woooooweee like a 10 year old boy im sure you will have your adrenaline rush.

I know one person that pulled out his T04Z to put smaller/responsive twins on (stock capacity 26)

Although thats kinda the opposite of what your sorta asking, its an experience none the less :domokun:

cool story. :dry:

TO4Z does feel quick when they come on. The rush is very cool.

With that said, for a car that does anything other than circuits with a lot of flowing corners, i think you'll find the GT35R or twins a better matched setup for stock capacity :P

^^that discussion was done to death (in a thread started by tomek I think?) Maybe he should read that again as pretty much every z user was in there commenting on the exact things he's asking again.

Yeah i know its been done to death, he's trying to revive it it seems :P

Tomek; The T04Z is a great turbo, feels very strong when hard on, and has no problem turning tyres hard or netting a big number on a dyno. Ive given a quite fast GTR (t04z, rb26) a good hard drive on multiple occasions, road, twisty hills etc - in the twisty stuff you'll crave either a smaller AR or more capacity to bring it on earlier. Normal street driving, well to be honest, youll be thinking the same things. Like i said, in an environment where the car is flowing from corner to corner without losing too much speed you'll love it. What sort of power are you realistically going to be seeing from the car after its run in and tuned?

GT3582R would be a better "big single" for a stock 26 but it will be exciting... once it comes on boost

Far from stock :P

Yes, I did start the previous thread, not trying to revive it.. Didn't post it in the forced section because I have completed all my research and know what to expect "Spec" wise.. there is only so much "specs" can tell you.. This thread was more of a gimme the warm sensation details... You don't spend so much time, effort & money to just wait for it.. Like I said it's getting sooner to completion and im getting excited..

Looking for 420+ and will see how much leeway is in it to get more, but not overly fussed.

Why did the man in the black suit have to do that pelvic thrust shit. My usual blonde bimbo dreams are going to be somewhat haunted tonight.

What was this car doing atw before the rebuild?

Got a basic list of parts for the build?

This part is the worst of it all, well to be honest the worst part is the night before its first power run :banana:

Was going to post this in the forced induction section, but I doubt "story telling" will be favoured by the mod's.

Car's been off the road for the good part of a year (September).

Built motor (standard capacity), .84 t04z & fair bit of weight-loss .. looking for 400+ kw.

Yet to score a ride in a t04z powered R, or anything single turbo'd to match (been in a t88).

So if any owner's want to share their experience's..

How it feels, adrenaline factor, how it come's on etc etc.... Just trying to butter myself up for the future.. Shouldn't be much more then a month away.. Great deal of time, money & sleep less nights involved during the build up... Hope it lives up to my expectations :thumbsup::):banana: me up..

Tomek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRR_aisRgPI...feature=related

WHAT IS THAT BOV SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! could anybody plz tell me :D:D:D

What was this car doing atw before the rebuild?

Got a basic list of parts for the build?

This part is the worst of it all, well to be honest the worst part is the night before its first power run :)

The car was making 237.9kw (Didn't have access to an 4wd dyno) The engine was running fine when it was removed, we decided to pull it out when we couldn't remove one of the high pressure line bolts on the turbo system, lol.. it was only meant to be a budget freshen up, (pistons, bearings, gaskets, n1 pumps) but it scaled up quickly.

05U block 20 thou over HKS pistons, eagle rods, 33 crank, Trust pump, acl bearings, HKS gaskets

worked head, new everything.. 262 cams, greddy cam gears

Ross balancer, trust oil cooler + relocater, cooling pro 100mm cooler, trust radiator, n1 water pump

2x 044 pumps + standard as lift, surge tank, 800cc injectors, nismo fuel reg

jjr coil packs + HKS twin spark

Link G4 controlling the show

Im sure their is more i've missed, but pretty much every corner is seen to and did my best to not skimp on parts.. standard box atm..

It was sent down to Advan, who did the machining :) It has all the little tricks to keep it reliable (orifice, drain, sump)

worst part being? worrying it will pop? shit yeah :P

Edited by Tomek

The car was making 237.9kw (Didn't have access to an 4wd dyno) The engine was running fine when it was removed, we decided to pull it out when we couldn't remove one of the high pressure line bolts on the turbo system, lol.. it was only meant to be a budget freshen up, (pistons, bearings, gaskets, n1 pumps) but it scaled up quickly.

05U block 20 thou over HKS pistons, eagle rods, 33 crank, Trust pump, acl bearings, HKS gaskets

worked head, new everything.. 262 cams, greddy cam gears

Ross balancer, trust oil cooler + relocater, cooling pro 100mm cooler, trust radiator, n1 water pump

2x 044 pumps + standard as lift, surge tank, 800cc injectors, nismo fuel reg

jjr coil packs + HKS twin spark

Link G4 controlling the show

Im sure their is more i've missed, but pretty much every corner is seen to and did my best to not skimp on parts.. standard box atm..

It was sent down to Advan, who did the machining :happy: It has all the little tricks to keep it reliable (orifice, drain, sump)

worst part being? worrying it will pop? shit yeah :D

Some good stuff in there.

Dont worry about the stock box, mines on the stock box with a stupidly short shifter and i work it through the gears - just dont miss 3rd and it should be fine :cool: