SAU Community

Do You Wish The R35 Came In Manual?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find a trend here.

Those that don't own an R35 like to make statements like ('The R35 should be manual blah blah blah....xx dollars spent on xx car e.g. R34 would dust the R35 blah blah blah')

Those that own R35...just shake their heads and smile. When you own and drive an R35...you are enlightened on the gearbox choice...you are educated on its abilities and just know, even wiothout racing against xx car with xx mods...that you would have no problem educating them on the difference.

I don't wish to disrespect non-R35 owner opinions...but making sweeping statements about a car you have never driven is unwise.

this thread is full of WIN

not even ferrari offer their legendary silver gate anymore

if you cant accept it, im sure hyundai will keep offering you their 'sportscars' in manual for a few years yet

Edited by domino_z

I would only buy an R35 GTR if it had webbers on it, and infact I am converting my R32 to triple webbers right now, it will be heaps faster, probably quicker than any R35 with a billion dollars spent on it, I may even beat a Dragon I think.

My last car was a 6 Speed Manual 2003 Skyline and I did a fair amount of k's on that and I really liked the manual gearbox, loved changing the gears, loved bagging the tyres out at will.

Now I have done around 12,000k's in the R35 GTR and I can tell you that I will NEVER own another floor shift manual again. The shifting of a floor shift is so slow and antiquated pushing the clutch in and waiting for the revs to pick back up is just crazy when the R35 box will change gears flat out on the accelerator.

As far as being fun, once again driving around town in manual mode flapping the padels is awesome, I love it, just listening to the car burble on full throttle is great. It will get sideways if you let it or you can just smoke any car on the road.

I dragged an R34 GTR a few times off the lights a couple of weeks back and I may as well have been dragging your mums Magna. As everyone else that owns an R35 has been saying unless you have put a few k's on one of these cars you are a bit delusional if you think an R34 GTR will even come close. (No offence to R34 GTR owners as I still think it is a great car, and looks cool too)

So in answer to the OP, No I definately would not want a Manual box in the R35.

Though i may be a significant period away from owning one,

i do wish they came in regualr manual. To be in total control adds to the driving pleasure as opposed to the playstation effect. May be worth investing in a decent R34 GT-R cos no doubt the regular manual will almost certainly become obsolete...

The flappy paddle gearbox in the 35 does allow you to be in total control, with the dual clutch and flappy paddle combo there is no way you could ever change gears as quick in a conventional manual. Until you have driven one you won't understand.

After watching mark and others on the track in the 35's It's easy to want one. Seamless gear changes and practically zero power drop between gears is very impressive. I dont know how it could be measured but i have no doubt its worth plenty in lap times.

Sure its fun rowing a gear stick but the future is now and the 35 owns hard on the track.