SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

New "Spec 2.0" major update is arriving.

Although Yamauchi has not given any insight on what the update involves, it can be assumed it will include improved/tweaked physics and hopefully some additional HD models of "standard" cars that look like shite to now become "premium".

Scheduled release of update is 3rd week of October. As one user in the link commented, we're not sure if it's 2011 or 2012. Going by trend, I'd say it'll be out 2014, maybe 2015...

There is nothing in the update except GT5 now puts DON'T BUY FORZA 4 on the screen every 5th frame.

Polyphony would had this update out sooner but from memory they had just some of their staff members from Tokyo to f*kuoka City (I beleive it was around 50 staff) and on top of the recent earthquakes had slowed down production.

I'm hoping that update does give some more premium cars (or upgrade some standard cars)...

Forza 4....why do I have the funny feeling that it will be just as boring as Forza 3 (apart from able to do engine swaps and la di da paintwork)...Watch the episode of Top Gear US where Adam Ferrara & Rutledge Wood race a Lexus LF-A around Infineon Raceway in Forza 4 while Tanner Foust drives a the real LF-A around the track...from a distance...it's looks like the same as Forza 3 (but that's my opinion)

forza 4 looks sweet. but i wont be buying an Xbox for it. and im still yet to see how the Xbox will run it that shiney and smooth at the same time

the GT5 update really should come with an Anti Xbox fanboy trolling feature........

on another note, anyone done the latest Merc seasonals. pretty hard. esp with them resetting it 3 times now because of cheating douchebags. why cant i just keep my times?...i didnt cut the corners.

first time i almost had gold..

In another news, Kazunori Yamauchi (CEO of Polyphony Digital) has stated that if Seb Vettel wins the F1 championship in Suzuka this coming weekend...for the next week everybody who logs into GT5 will receive the Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel car as a gift from PD.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update Detailed

Yamauchi detailed fifteen new pieces of content that the update will provide:

• Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
  • User control of the weather change feature
  • Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
  • Spec 2.0 opening movie
  • Improved UI response and usability
  • Replay fast forward/rewind
  • Mid-race save feature for endurance races
  • Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
  • Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from gran-turismo.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)
  • Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar)
  • Added a "NASCAR Pit Scene" stage to Photo Travel
  • Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars
  • Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport
  • Improved physics and AI
  • Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel

Yamauchi also reiterated that more content is coming in the future, writing that "For the DLC we're preparing a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack. I'll let you know more about that soon."

The Spec 2.0 update is set to arrive for free next week. No specific release date or pricing has been announced for the DLC.

Mid race save for endurance races is a whole lot of win in my books. The only reason I haven't done them is because I can't be bothered sitting in front of the tv for 24hrs. Even if I pause it between sessions the ps3 will be left on for days and that can't be good for it.

Actually as long as the PS3 is in a well vented and fairly cool place it is better to leave it on for long periods than it is to be constantly turning it on and off and having things warming up and cooling down constantly if you play it for a few hours every day at least thats what ive found

yes it does. (does the G25 have more than 2 buttons on the wheel?) but you cant set all the buttons on the G27 wheel, and to figure out the rest is a bit of a guessing game with the other wheel setup. now we can hopefully have the horn, and look left and right on the wheel.

soooo 2.0 is out, DLing it now.

1192mb

and did everyone pick up their free X2010....dunno what to do with 2 of them.

you can for the ps3 firmware updates, just not game updates from what i'm aware.

my ps3 and my wireless router don't get along very well, so i'm guessing it will take me about 10 goes to get it to work properly. might just take the ps3 and a tv into the office to hook it up so it works first go.

is it that hard to get your PS3 to your router via cable? even if it means moving it temporarily?

the new X2010 seasonal around suzuka is difficult to say the least. gold is only 1:25 lap (which is easy) but to get a good time is quite hard.

you can for the ps3 firmware updates, just not game updates from what i'm aware.

my ps3 and my wireless router don't get along very well, so i'm guessing it will take me about 10 goes to get it to work properly. might just take the ps3 and a tv into the office to hook it up so it works first go.

Nah it's not that your ps3 and router don't get along, ps3's just have crappy wireless hardware. Mine sits less than 1m from my router and it still disconnects during games and downloads really really slow. Swapped to cable connection and it's all good.