SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

not sure if it came out today, but i only noticed it today :P

the bundle contains:

15 new cars ( R32, R33, R35 race cars included)

100 new paint colours

8 new racing suits/ helmets from NASCAR/ WRC

2 new tracks ( Spa, some kart track)

scratch the R33 race car. its actually the R34 <^_^;

Edited by liger

sorry for the double post. but heres the video of the R32 running around spa.

probably best to view it at 480p in full screen. you can blame the recording programs for the bassive black borders

Edited by liger

$18.95

its pretty sweet. havent beena round spa yet, but the cars are cool. its all GTR TC 32-35

some sweet paint colours including some chromes. and the 2 extra tracks are 2 variations of an otherwise very similar kart track, but its all lit up and neon clad. looks like fun. go carts only tho

i now have 3 X2010's....at least this one isnt in the BRB colours

Racing Car Pack (15 Cars)This DLC adds new cars to Gran Turismo 5.Includes the evolution model of the X2010 ultimate racing machine, the Red Bull X2011. There is also a lineup of specially tuned touring cars.

the cars are:

Red Bull X2011 Prototype '11

Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

Honda CR-Z Touring Car

Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car

Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 Touring Car ( huh.. so i wasnt seeing things)

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 Touring Car

Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car

Toyota PRIUS Touring Car

Gran Turismo RACING KART Jr.

Gran Turismo RACING KART 100

Racing Gear Pack (90 items)

This DLC adds racing gear items of famous drivers to Gran Turismo 5.Contains helmets and suits of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers, a set of 12helmets and suits. In addition there is the Gran Turismo Official helmet, and new items from Alpinestars and Simpson!

A$3.45

Paint Pack (100 colours)

This DLC adds paint items to Gran Turismo 5.From chic subdued tones to bright shining colours, there are 100 new colours according to 10 different themes. Find a unique colour for your favourite cars.A$3.45

Course Pack (2 tracks, 5 layouts)This DLC adds the new tracks to Gran Turismo 5.A high speed technical circuit famous for its many historic moments in racing, the Spa-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and the brightly illuminated indoor Kart course, Kart Space I/II is included in this DLC. Experience the new driving fields of GT5.

$A6.95

spent the whole afternoon racing in the JP spa lounges.

managed to get a 1:20xx in the X1, rather proud of my achievement. also started tuning the R32-33 touring cars for the track aswell, takes forever to get a good setup.

Edited by liger

spent the whole afternoon racing in the JP spa lounges.

managed to get a 1:20xx in the X1, rather proud of my achievement. also started tuning the R32-33 touring cars for the track aswell, takes forever to get a good setup.

2:20 after a bit of fiddling and tweaking with the R34 TC around spa today. sweet track.

ive decided to try all the new cars at Spa :)....next up. Prius.....

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any recommendations for good handling US muscle cars? I'm currently driving a C5 Z06 but it is so twitch and the handling is unpredictable. Is there another yank tank that handles better or is at least predictable around corners?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good handling US muscle cars? I'm currently driving a C5 Z06 but it is so twitch and the handling is unpredictable. Is there another yank tank that handles better or is at least predictable around corners?

Turn the toe down and add some anti roll.

Don't touch the camber

Mid race save for endurance races is a whole lot of win in my books.

Has anyone used this? I tried on the Roadster NA race last night, and when I came back to the race, the PS3 took over driving my car. It was like a B spec race but I had no control of anything (pit stops, aggressiveness etc). Luckily it was lapping at a good enough rate to win the race, so i left it to its own devices.

Problem was that it didn't pit - ever. Even after 2.5 hours when the fuel tank ran dry it just kept puttering around at 80kph (tyres had long since gone bald, and lap times were almost 15 sec a lap slower than before).

Farking stoopid computers >_<

Has anyone used this? I tried on the Roadster NA race last night, and when I came back to the race, the PS3 took over driving my car. It was like a B spec race but I had no control of anything (pit stops, aggressiveness etc). Luckily it was lapping at a good enough rate to win the race, so i left it to its own devices.

Problem was that it didn't pit - ever. Even after 2.5 hours when the fuel tank ran dry it just kept puttering around at 80kph (tyres had long since gone bald, and lap times were almost 15 sec a lap slower than before).

Farking stoopid computers >_<

lol, that sounds like a good glitch.....

yeah it does work, ive used it for 2 different enduros so far. only issue i have is that you save it as you roll into the pits instead of on the way out. i hate waiting for 100 litres of fuel before being able to drive again

other games i've played with mid race saves was the same. biggest issue with 1 of them was that with weather changes. if you didn't pay attention when choosing tyres, etc, and it happened to be raining and you put slicks on, it made life interesting.