SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

Had another go at an endurance race, with the same result. Bugger

On another note, has anyone else been having trouble logging into the PSN? Mine struggles to log in, and when it does, the game takes forever to load. Is there unusually high load on the server, or is it more likely a problem at my end? (network / internet is otherwise working fine at home)

• 2 weeks later...

not sure on that issue man, mines been fine.

soo, after not having played for a few weeks while i was at the goldy and now playing skyrim. i decided to play this arvo.......254mb update of coarse.

but it does come with more new cars including the Toyota 86.

there is a new DLC for 4 more cars also.....(which contains ANOTHER R35 GTR)

but the best thing about the whole lot?? you can now change and paint your wheels on standard cars!!! thats amazing!

My little bro bought me GT5 as an early Christmas present yesterday. Played it early today, was in the middle of a go-kart race until my ps3 decided to sh!t itself and died on me. Now I got this stupid blinking red light of death on my ps3... :mad:

My little bro bought me GT5 as an early Christmas present yesterday. Played it early today, was in the middle of a go-kart race until my ps3 decided to sh!t itself and died on me. Now I got this stupid blinking red light of death on my ps3... :mad:

Must be a gt5 curse. My ps3 also died when I first stuck in the game. Watched the intro video and as the main menu was loading, DEATH to the ps3… YLOD

The 3D is pretty cool though.

Must be a gt5 curse. My ps3 also died when I first stuck in the game. Watched the intro video and as the main menu was loading, DEATH to the ps3… YLOD

true?? i hear the same about MW3 just killing them. must just be the last straw in an already overheated unit....silly sony and their lack of real solder so the kiddies cant die of lead poisoning......

havent tryed the 3D yet...might be due to lack of a 3D tv tho :P might head to a friends tomorrow and check it out!

oh and the Toyota 86 is a freaking sweet litle car!

They've fixed the enduro save issues so you can now save games at Tsukuba

Also, 200% bonus on credits and xp today Woot!!

Picked up over 20 mil and bought the 67 Fez race car and Ford Mk IV (when you get 8mil for a win in the Le Mans B spec race it doesn't take long to rack up the $$)

Well its quite easy to fix. All you need is a hair dryer and a fan thumbsup.gif

the YLOD fix won't fix it for long.. so back up all your saves to a flash drive or something before it shits itself again or you'll lose everything forever.

speaking from experience. i fixed mine 3 times before it finally rendered itself un-fixable.

OT: does anyone have an Audi R8 Le mans 2001? the one with the red paintwork, not the yellow? if you have it.. name your price.. i will trade just about anything for it.

• 2 weeks later...

the YLOD fix won't fix it for long.. so back up all your saves to a flash drive or something before it shits itself again or you'll lose everything forever.

speaking from experience. i fixed mine 3 times before it finally rendered itself un-fixable.

OT: does anyone have an Audi R8 Le mans 2001? the one with the red paintwork, not the yellow? if you have it.. name your price.. i will trade just about anything for it.

yeah there is a varied time frame, depending on how well the solder resetting works i guess. i did use a heat gun and not a hair dryer on mine, and its now the secondary PS3, as i did buy a new one....wasnt going to trust it :P

I got back into GT5 yesterday after playing BF3 & MW3 since they were released. I bought the latest DLC, some nice cars there. I had a win in the Used Dealership, they had the Initial D AE86 there. Winning!

Played some A Spec, but I had to use the Dual Shock as I still haven't got around to buying a Wheelstandpro for my Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. I won a few races & then went back to B Spec. Started the 24hr Le Mans with the Red Bull X2010, one Level 37 driver, the other two Level 35. Started at 0030 this morning, suspended the race after 12hrs. I am very comfortably ahead of the pack to say the least! I could imagine leaving the PS3 on for 24hrs though. Even with the cooling fans I have for mine, it is still a little warm now. Hopefully I can finish the remaining 12hrs tonight while I'm asleep & in the early hours of the morning. Then on to the 24hr Nurburgring! I hope to get the level 37 driver to Level 40 in order to get the trophy. I'm Level 38 in B Spec, hopefully I can get to 40 myself after doing the two 24hr races. I am only at level 15 in A Spec, but until I am using the wheel again it will remain where it is.

The Seasonal Events had some B Spec races, but as they are limited by Performance Points, I had to reduce the power of some cars to suit. My 260RS Stagea won a couple of races! That Chaparrel 2J though can derelict my balls!! I cannot get anywhere near it on the Indy 500 track. I have seen they go for 15 million in the Used Dealership, I'm on a bit over 11. Save up for it, or do the birthday glitch on another account? What to do?

Time for lunch, I think my PS3 is still hot enough to cook a steak on it, :D.

I've been playing GT5 for about a month now and enjoying it a lot in some areas, others are a bit boring.

I have noticed in some races (both online and offline), people have had the Ford Falcon XR8 and Holden Commodores/Monaro's. How can i obtain these cars? I have never seen them in the used car dealership....

Also, when you do an endurance race, can you pause the endurance race and resume it another time? I've only done the Grand Valley 300km race so far....

Please add me on GT5/PSN. My username is Herculeeez

will add you as soon as i get back on the PS.

the monaro/commo is in the used car dealership, you just have to keep an eye on it and check regularly enough. (on this note. if anyone happens across a 400R they dont wanna keep, send it my way "Resnort", as i want one to fully modify. so i can keep my current one standard )

the XR8 as far as i know is only the old AU touring car isnt it?? which you win along the way somewhere, but also comes up in the UCD

Yeah it's the old AU touring car.....I've checked the car win list for GT5 and can't find it anywhere.....maybe you can only get it in the used car dealership or if someone trades it to you....

Check the used car section after EVERY 6 RACES. That will give you a full new list. it refreshes a few cars after each race. (Or each time it loads a track and you quit)

I do have the Monaro & Commodore SS now. If I find the AU Falcon, that will complete the Aussie cars in my garage. Not that I'd use them though.