SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

Nah it's not that your ps3 and router don't get along, ps3's just have crappy wireless hardware. Mine sits less than 1m from my router and it still disconnects during games and downloads really really slow. Swapped to cable connection and it's all good.

no such issue here, mines always been wireless and have never had an update go askew or a drop out...unless the modem/router has a tantrum, but that effects all comps on my line. it is a bit slower on the DL's but not enough to worry me.

I bought an EoP (Ethernet over Power) set for mine. Plugs into the wall at your router and turns your power cables into a network basically. Just plug the PS3 into the wall unit with a CAT5 cable and works a treat :)

I got sick of constantly getting droupouts on my PS3 and t-box so now I have a 5 port router in my room so I get "wired" internet despite the fact the actual router connected to the internet is several rooms away.

no such issue here, mines always been wireless and have never had an update go askew or a drop out...unless the modem/router has a tantrum, but that effects all comps on my line. it is a bit slower on the DL's but not enough to worry me.

Yeah I've never really had an issue with dropouts on updates, they are just really slow. Last one was some dlc, 500mb and it took nearly 2 hours! The dropouts happen more during online multiplayer, gets really annoying, never had an issue with wired.

I bought an EoP (Ethernet over Power) set for mine. Plugs into the wall at your router and turns your power cables into a network basically. Just plug the PS3 into the wall unit with a CAT5 cable and works a treat :)

I got sick of constantly getting droupouts on my PS3 and t-box so now I have a 5 port router in my room so I get "wired" internet despite the fact the actual router connected to the internet is several rooms away.

What's the speed like in those ethernet over power setups? I had them in mind to extend my network but just ended up running a length of CAT5 under the house.

Edited by QWK32

What's the speed like in those ethernet over power setups like? I had them in mind to extend my network but just ended up running a length of CAT5 under the house.

They're rated at "100mbit", and through tests I'm currently getting about 87-93mbit. So while not fantastic, they're good enough for media streaming, and updating on the net.

Some of us live in apartments ;)

yeah you wont get amazing speed out of them but should be enough to support max speed on your ADSL+2

download speeds on my PS3 seem good anyway. Had some trouble with mine recently not connecting (the two EoP units) but up until then It ran faultlessly. Still not sure what happened but I've moved some stuff around and its all good again

Nah it's not that your ps3 and router don't get along, ps3's just have crappy wireless hardware. Mine sits less than 1m from my router and it still disconnects during games and downloads really really slow. Swapped to cable connection and it's all good.

nah it's that my modem is a kill joy. when i go into the logs in the modem it shows that it has booted the ps3 off each time. the modem has issues though. probably 10 times a day it will boot all computers off and sort of resets itself.

i have a long phone line somewhere, and a few metre long ethernet cable, so i'll bring the modem to the ps3 i think.

+1 for new modem.

Spend the few extra $$$ for one. You'll be glad you did.

I had low end linksys which would give me grief all the time. Would never hook me into a cod match.

Changed it over to a high end d-link and haven't looked back since. Over the three years I've had it, not ONCE has it dropped the connection.

i was using a high end draytek at my parent's house; since moving out i'm just using the one optus gave me... no problems at all; torrents run fine with however many connections in the NAT table, no dropouts during games.... is pretty friggin good for a basic modem

agreed. i hadn't looked at it till now......its pretty lame, like someone turned the lights out but only in the car. not really an issue for me as i only drive on the bumperbar anyways, but lame none the less.

just saw that in the DLC content coming out next week there will be Spa Francorchamps (with weather effects)

F$%@#$^!@ excellent!

Spa is my all time favourite track and think its one of the better real life tracks out there, def downloading this :)

i seem to find it easier to drive when i'm using bonnet cam. if i use the bumper cam i cant hit the apex's right and i end up being 2-3 sec slower per lap

funny how a slight change in view can cost you that much time.

Edited by liger