SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

Quit whinging console boys, I waited years for TF2 and got a friggen cartoon...I hope GT6 turns out to be a kid friendly incarnation of Wacky Races.

I would buy a PS3 for that, Wacky Races was the shit.

• 3 weeks later...

i had to reformat my ps3 today. reinstalled gt5 (twice due to it being stupid). then had to download all the updates. fuck me that was a pain in the sphincter. about 2gb to download all of them. after downloading and installing half of them an error occured. even though it had installed 5 of the updates, because of the stupid way it does it, i had to start all over again. 2 of the updates that it had already installed were 608mb and 1192mb, which it had to download again. so it took about 5 hours all up to install and update. really wish they would allow you to download the game updates on a pc to the install via usb, like you can with system updates. would mean that you could just download each new update as it gets released and then if you have to reinstall the game you can just plug in a usb stick and apply all the updates from that.

cant say ive had an issue like that.

When switching consoles from my old YLOD model to my new one, it was a simple transfer (after getting the old one running again)

otherwise the only time ive had an issue of it dropping out is on my brothers PS3, when we installed GT5 we also had 4 other comps interneting at the same time and it had a little error in the last 3% of the updates (all of them):angry:, but it had only forgotten about 300mb the next time round. so no big issue

i feel your pain, just spend the last 6 hours ridding my PC of a virus, and attempting to recover lost data.

completly ruined my GT5 session, was half way through a dam race too >_<. but almost done, i'll be online racing for quite a long time tomorrow

so drop into the room and have a few races if you guys are bored. i'm usually in the Japanese GT300/GT500 rooms

cant say ive had an issue like that.

When switching consoles from my old YLOD model to my new one, it was a simple transfer (after getting the old one running again)

otherwise the only time ive had an issue of it dropping out is on my brothers PS3, when we installed GT5 we also had 4 other comps interneting at the same time and it had a little error in the last 3% of the updates (all of them):angry:, but it had only forgotten about 300mb the next time round. so no big issue

i have it drop out all the time when doing updates over wifi (router boots it off. router is a piece of junk. restarts itself every few hours). this time i had it connected via ethernet and it was when it was installing one of the updates that it got an error, not a connection issue.

i have it drop out all the time when doing updates over wifi (router boots it off. router is a piece of junk. restarts itself every few hours). this time i had it connected via ethernet and it was when it was installing one of the updates that it got an error, not a connection issue.

New Dlink router with Wi-Fi less than 100 bucks!!! win. i had to replace mine recently due to a lightning strike (which also fried the Network plug in my Comp :( )

New Dlink router with Wi-Fi less than 100 bucks!!! win. i had to replace mine recently due to a lightning strike (which also fried the Network plug in my Comp :( )

Coincidence! My router got fried by lightning strike last Friday night and then was pronounced dead on Monday.

On the plus side, Harvey Norman have 30% Cisco stuff at the moment so I grabbed an X3000 which is performing very nicely :)

• 9 months later...

lol, was just reading a few DLC things and hidden locked bits about GT5 on bookface.

interesting to see what comes of it, apparently we get the Z07 vette for free...and maybe a few more old tracks coming.

I know the new Vette is now available on a DLC pack, if that's your thing

I'm keen on finally getting the Spa circuit, and adding the Aventador would be good

But need to do my first ever system upgrade on the PS3 in nearly 3 years beforehand... as soon as my data allowance rolls over for the month, lulz