SAU Community

Fuel And Rego Price Rise...

jase-r34

Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted somewhere already, but I couldn't find it.

I just thought I would post a link to an E petition against the government's rego increase.

Link

What are your thoughts on what the government is doing to us??

I know that my fuel bill is going to be at least $5 a week more with the extra tax. I already spend around $60-70 a week.

And with the extra rego they want us to fork out, I just don't think it's fair!

Its definitly bloody robbery. I just paid $750 for the rego on my r32....i remember being down in victoria a few years ago and for a year of rego on my r32 i was paying $400.

The queensland goverment are money grabbing idiots who wouldnt have a clue how to spend money wisely or save money for the future. Bunch of tools they are.

As for the fuel price going up by 8cents from the first of july its already gone up 5 cents and i can guarantee that another full 8cents will be wacked on come the first of july also.

It's either increase the rego and can the 8 cent fuel rebate to help get us out of debt. OR sell off all the assets that make QLD money... oh wait they're doing that as well.

Yep were getting screwed.

I wonder if Anna has considered the domino effect of increased fuel prices... definately gonna cause inflation to go up. More expensive fuel = more exp. transport (public transport price increase, freight increase etc.), groceries/product price will go up as well or just about EVERYTHING. I suppose this is to combat the deflation which will probably happen when economy does pick up as how economist forcast and I think its still too early to predict anything.

PS: I cant stand her.

I looked twice at my rego renewal the other day.....I didn't realise I'd upgraded the engine to a V8...$800 is a rip.

Works out I pay about $8K a year for the pleasure of driving my car, better not tell the wife :P

I looked twice at my rego renewal the other day.....I didn't realise I'd downgraded the engine to a V8...$800 is a rip.

Works out I pay about $8K a year for the pleasure of driving my car, better not tell the wife :D

Fixed it for ya :rofl2:

I looked twice at my rego renewal the other day.....I didn't realise I'd upgraded the engine to a V8...$800 is a rip.

Works out I pay about $8K a year for the pleasure of driving my car, better not tell the wife :P

I'm in the same boat as you Dan but x2 worse. One import and one expensive maintenance euro car does NOT help the situation either :).

$800 for a 6cyl is on par with the rise...

Im just really pissed the bike rego is now $440... Thats farked... Almost doubled since last year...

And its only a tiny 1litre engine... :P

Think its time to sell my car!

I cant afford that...what a joke!

2 x car rego + fuel + rent + every f*#king thing else.....

plus money to enjoy your life.....wow

END RANT!

i agree its al crap, and i bet the 8 cents will look more like 9-10 at the pump.

on another note, i thought V8's were less than 800 a year? im sure my mum pays about 720 for her stateo

saw that my 6 months was 400 (what came with the car) and i almost fell over