SAU Community

" rice boy"

i think the term rice boy gets thrown around to freely these days, people in america made up the term "rice boy", "rice burner" to make fun of the japanese car seen but now in australia it seems if you have stickers on your car if your a P plater the you are a

" rice boy" . The reason i bring this up i was thinking of getting a sticker kit to go down my gaurds , you know the one HKS GREEDY APEXI TRUST...... i have many japanese parts fitted to my car and have organised with Yokoharma Australia to put decales on my car when i get my Advans from them, but the fear of people saying look at that rice boy is to great that iv put it of and japanese drift cars they look ****ing mad with all the stickers some are a bit over board but the high level ones are very nice indeed.

So mabey people can hold of one all the rice boy shit its getting old and i for one am sick of it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. I think a lot of people will agree with me that Rice Boys tend to have.

1. Honda

2. Fake EVO

2. Hyundai

3. Anything else made in Korea/Former Soviet Eastern Bloc Nation.

These cars usally

1. Try to look like a WRX/GT4/EVO

2. Don't go fast even though the owners think they do

3. Have an exhaust tip/neons tip or a 3" system on a 900cc Suzuki

4. a must have is the 5" monster Tach for max Riceness.

So unless your trying to look fast and the furious ghey you'll be right.

My next question is:

Do you have aero mirrors yet?

Forget the stickers... I think having standard factory mirrors are worse than being called rice.

v-tec is quick, s2000, type R, civic typeR. MY mate has a lancer gli with full evo 6 body kit would i hang shit him for that he just spent thousands on it i dont think so. Im just saying its a term that the V8 boys made up to hang shit on us jap car owners and everyone seems to use it against everyone else.

i was always under the impression, that "rice" cars, where those that where more focused on comestics, and the looks did not really reflect the speed of the car, ie, the neons, 5 inch tach, stickers, kits and the rest.

I myself have been called rice, but i dont take offence to it cause thats what my car is at the moment, an NA skyline that has a kit neons, but no huge tacho, all things that i have done to my car as i wanted to. Modding a car is personal expression, its up to u to decide what u like and do it without having to car what others think. Soon my car will go fast, and no longer be just rice, but ive been happy with it so far.

Bottom Line, if u like it, DO IT!

Just my 2c's

Cheers

John

I say go for you want

its your car and know ones elses, if you like the stickers then put them on. who care what other people think or say they are probably all just jealous anyway ;)

specially the V8 Idiots!!!! I mean they try to rice it up buy puttin monster tachs with shift lights in AUTOS. WTF!!!!

I dont get that :s

;)

Hey guys,

Interesting thread.... I am one to bag 'ricers', but my last car which I did all the mods too is 'ricey as hell' to some people. Yeah it had an EVO kit & tonnes of stickers but it all comes to together as 'Jap style'. I had plenty of bogans giving me shit bcos of it, but I loved it and just took the abuse as jealousy

here's a pic..

im interested what other people say.

Jono

Originally posted by GSR 13S

Hey guys,

Interesting thread.... I am one to bag 'ricers',  but my last car which I did all the mods too is 'ricey as hell' to some people. Yeah it had an EVO kit & tonnes of stickers but it all comes to together as 'Jap style'. I had plenty of bogans giving me shit bcos of it, but I loved it and just took the abuse as jealousy

here's a pic..  

Jono

i wouldn't consider that rice.....

'RICE' has lost it's meaning nowadays....it's like the newest catchphrase for anyone who wants to bag out some1 else's car....

For me...'RICE' is not rice if you've got the hardware to back it up...

"Let your wastegate do the talking":burnout:

imho rice is when you have the looks that don't justify the parts.

Most often stickers that don't really add to the car are what I think ricy... eg flame decals etc along the side of the car that are as attention grabbing as possible. I like decals and paintjobs, but it has to be subtle and flow with the rest of the car (not images of people pointing their finger towards the front like in fnf). Hot rodders did it a long time ago (since 1950's) but they did it with style etc. The vinyl era's ruined most of that.

As for brand graphics along the door sill, I love it, but I hate to see parts on the side that aren't in the car. Let alone earning the title of ricer you also look like a grand wanka when it sez "Bride" on the side and you got stock seats inside. But when done artistically and not butchered it adds to the aggressiveness of the cars.

Big banners across windscreens like "NISMO" are a big rice point. Especially on VL commodores lol (there's a guy down my street with this).

But yeah, do your car up the way you want your car to look. Its your car after all. What's eyecandy for you might not be the same for me and vice versa.

I only call sum1 a ricer if... they talk big but can't show shit for their talk when it comes to their car like: "Oh i have a 2000 dollar pearl paintjob on my GTSt"... on checking paint code on the car "Blue metallic pearl" stock paintjob. or... "My car is capable of 180rwkw man, my mate was able to do it in his so so can I"... "dude you drive a stock Auto R33 GTSt with bonnet grills that don't have holes cut out in the bonnet for... nigga please"

that's what I'd consider ricer activity, not brand names on the side.

I wouldn't call that "ricey as hell". As you said, "Jap style" would be a better description.

Personally I like the look of that car because it is not overdone. Being white makes it look classy or something.

I just can't understand people who spend thousands on bodykit and monster tach etc on a mechanically stock Hyundai Excel.

18" wheels with 6" drum brakes visable???!?!? Gimme a break!!

Someone has a signature that sums it up. It goes something like...

LOOKS > GO = RICE.

GO > LOOKS = Sleeper

I know which one I would prefer...

i personally think some sticker designs look the goods. Do whatever you like to your car. I think its better to have some aftermarket bits to coincide with the stickers... but if you dont .. whatever... some cars going around sporting the sticker look are rather nice..... ive got a few ideas in mind for my own.

Originally posted by GSR 13S

Hey guys,

Interesting thread.... I am one to bag 'ricers',  but my last car which I did all the mods too is 'ricey as hell' to some people. Yeah it had an EVO kit & tonnes of stickers but it all comes to together as 'Jap style'. I had plenty of bogans giving me shit bcos of it, but I loved it and just took the abuse as jealousy

here's a pic..  

Jono

God damn man, you spent all that money on the car but couldn`t get a set of aero mirrors?!?

Those stock door mirrors look SHITE.

But niiiice car, I luv it... bar the mirrors:D:D:D

fair enough, but what if some one does up the exel, lancer what ever and it looks the goods but still is mech standed, whos to say its not fast enough madey the single cam 1.8 is to much power for them so the just want to make it look good. There has to be some sort of respect to some one that can turn a standed mums shopping trolley into some thing that he can cuze with pride, dont you think. Like you park a standed r34 GTR and a standed exel side buy side with ones going to get more atention. But then you spend the remaning $90,000 on the exel then which one will people like more.

only the person who owns the excel will like it more... and they should if they spend that much cash on it.

stop worrying what others think and do what you like.. if that means selling your skyline to buy an excel, then do it.

There isn't anything wrong with the graphics, as i drive a nice honda civic, and yes i would say that it looks like crap but it has some character now with the graphics on the side. For example my car has the graphic from the VW Jedda on fnf, but they will be coming off soon as i am currently designing my new graphics which will be going on the car, will post a pic here later.

But there isn't anything wrong with the graphics on the side of the car it gives a small car some form of looks and character.