SAU Community

Intake Plenum

mattye

Has anyone installed an aftermarket Intake Plenum?

Like this one. http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...at=0&page=4

I'm cosidering one cause this would get rid of the intercooler pipping problem of having to have it come back to the same side either under the cooler or above the radiator. Beacause the intake would be on the other side of the engine.

Not necessarily this one but one simmilar.

front facing plenum... Pretty sure Mikes got one to suit his gtr spec cooler

nah, i don't, i run an east bear piping kit. wish i did have one though... would make changing plugs so much simpler!

looks like a greddy copy. i'd find other people who have used this particular manifold before you guy one. as long as the internal dynamics are the same, you can't go wrong for that much. greddy items are around a grand from memory.

I would be really interested to know if those plenums fit onto a RB25det NEO motor I have heard the way the plenums bolt up on a Neo are slightly different to a normal RB25det. Apparently they can be modded to suit but I have no real knowledge of exactly what is required. FYI greddy don't have a listing for a plenum for the RB25det NEO only the RB25det.

I have read on the Nissan Silvia forums that some of the ebay plenums are quite good as a few people are using them there, Trent at Status has tuned a few cars with these plenums.

The ones in particular are the ones from Thailand that go for about $699 and are apparently JUN copies. They do look the part but I don't know anyone with one.

Might be another idea anyhows....

hay just thought i'd add my 2cents..

i would probably buy the jun copy over the overs as the quailty is alot better ( smoother and less work )

try to find that thread on the DIY install for the greddy copy one i think there was afew posts about installing it onto a neo head.

the attached pics are what i will be installing onto my Neo in my stag. its a rb25 manifold that has been cut and then had a adapter welded to that so you can bolt on the gtr intake setup.. i will be running top feed gtr injectors, so i had to get a new rail and the gtr resister pack as well.

i haven't installed it yet but i've almost got everthing together to do it..

Cheers

post-4857-1249017474_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1249017508_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1249017517_thumb.jpg

hay just thought i'd add my 2cents..

i would probably buy the jun copy over the overs as the quailty is alot better ( smoother and less work )

try to find that thread on the DIY install for the greddy copy one i think there was afew posts about installing it onto a neo head.

the attached pics are what i will be installing onto my Neo in my stag. its a rb25 manifold that has been cut and then had a adapter welded to that so you can bolt on the gtr intake setup.. i will be running top feed gtr injectors, so i had to get a new rail and the gtr resister pack as well.

i haven't installed it yet but i've almost got everthing together to do it..

Cheers

VERY interested to see how this goes. best of luck!!!

how nice would it be to get AN fittings in black and braided lines in black also? would retain much of the sleeperisms :)

• 2 months later...

just an update if you guys wanted to know.. i finally found a rail that mounts to the standard r33 mounts but uses top feed injectors. did a trial fit with standard GTR injectors and it all sweet. the only real expensive part was the rubber insulators for the top of the injectors from nissan, with 6 of them and 6 o-rings and $150 later.

found out that the Neo tps is different design to the R33 one, there was one guy on there that had made up an adpater plate that goes on to the end and the neo one attaches too (pics).

also does anyone know if you can adapter a R33 tps to a R34 ecu??

Curt

post-4857-1254834788_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1254834953_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1254834963_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...