SAU Community

Lockable Car Covers

Phatboy

From the recent thefts/scratches on some SAU cars parked out in the driveway/street, I was thinking what I could do to protect my car.

Even though my car's usually garaged sometimes I have no choice but to park in public, unsheltered areas when on holidays for a few days eg., snowfields.

I stumbled across these car covers that have grommets in the bottom so you can loop a steel cable through and lock it. Not only do they protect your car from the elements, but also act as a deterrant to the casual thief/douchebag who keys for fun, and also means that your expensive car cover won't be stolen. Sure they won't protect against someone who is determined to damage your car or has bolt-cutters, but it helps.

The best I found was from a UK site with car covers tailored to our Skylines, but the version which somes with locking kit is an insane 139 pounds ($280 AUD) before delivery.

http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/store/produc...=288&page=1

No other site has fitted covers for the R32-34s as I guess they weren't really imported much into those countries. The cheapest I found was from a US site on eBay. I guess our cars are the XL size. Would be about $100 AUD including delivery. Has anyone bought any of these covers are has heard anything about them???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Cheers.

look around. I sold my factory R32 cover (which locks into the boot and straps up so no one can run off with it) for a hundred bucks or something a couple of years ago. there should be a few floating around or some for sale from japan.

Good idea. Looks like those parachute arrays for drag cars lol.

Where did you buy it from?

If it's expensive, I think I would still prefer the cable-lock method as it prevents people lifting the cover up and smashing your windows to get stuff inside.

i had one for my old car, just basic one from Super Cheap, windy night i'd be sure to find it on a tree or somthing, and wasnt water proof, spent all the time washing the car, put the cover over it, and it just looked like shit in the morning.

would love one for the Stagea

Unless you are a known child sex offender, usually people smash your windows to get at something inside.

The car cover I guess not only prevents people seeing what's inside, it also makes it hard to steal what's inside. After smashing the window thieves need to cut a hole in the cover, etc. Most casual car thieves want to be in and out as quickly as possible while your alarm is wailing. I think it's a good deterrant when they have to go to the extra trouble to find most likely an empty car.

personaly i think those covers would make people more likely to do somthing... because they will think "oh this mofo thinks this cover is going to protect his baby" bang he kicks your door in..you dont know how some idiots think.

agreed. I'd say there's more chance of someone kicking your panels for shits n giggles if you're in the area where smash and grab guys roam the streets.

alternatively if you have more than one spot outside your house, put a few of these up as decoys.

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/06/car_tent.php

Funky's car cover is a Nissan factory accessory when the R32 was released. You would need to search yahoo auctions and try and find a second hand one floating around. Although i believe they are quite rare.

Funky's car cover is a Nissan factory accessory when the R32 was released. You would need to search yahoo auctions and try and find a second hand one floating around. Although i believe they are quite rare.

nissan oz can order in r34 covers from memory. 32's might be a bit too old tho.