SAU Community

Nistune

Hello,

I have just been told that I have to take out my Microtech ecu (cops) and was looking at the nistune option. What my question is are they a good option to go for knowing that i will be checked for to see if my ecu looks stock. Is there many of them being used. my car is a r33 s2 (auto)

Mods so far are FMIC, full exhaust, splitfire coils, did have a Eboost2 boost controller but also had to be removed & a Hypergear hyflowed turbo. I am looking to get back to the power i had before when i had all my parts in. Any help with this will be very helpful :thumbsup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont always check, but will still ping you for it. mate of mine got done for ECU because the cop assumed there was an aftermarket unit in there.

Put the standard ECU in, get it checked over (defect cleared?) then put the microtech back in?

Do cars in victoria regularly get checked for aftermarket management? Or is it really obvious (hand controller visible?)

Was going to say with the mods you have the nistune would probably be a better option than the microtech. Sell the microtech should cover the costs of getting the nistune installed and tuned.

Put the standard ECU in, get it checked over (defect cleared?) then put the microtech back in?

Do cars in victoria regularly get checked for aftermarket management? Or is it really obvious (hand controller visible?)

Was going to say with the mods you have the nistune would probably be a better option than the microtech. Sell the microtech should cover the costs of getting the nistune installed and tuned.

Had my gtr for 7 or 8 year and have never been checked :happy:

It isnt? I thought it still was in Queensland? lol well thats a load off my mind

They are aligning with the national standard in 18 months but if you get a blue plate now and it has written there that you have an aftermarket ECU, in 18 months when they introduce the standard, you will be ok to keep it. Anyone after the standard is introduced will not be able to have an aftermarket ECU fitted.

There is currently no emmissions testing in QLD so for the time being we are safe. I got this info from DOT and the guy who writes my blue plates.

Its funny how cops can find and EPA you on a high flowed turbo, which they are just identical looks to any other stock turbos. I also had a customer who got defected in Vic over a high flowed GTiR turbo that we worked on. I really believe they have X-ray eyes or some thing to looking through metal housings for bigger wheels.

Nistune is good and cheap. You can get away from most of cops with it. But I don't think Matt have made one for R33 yet. Most people I know is running off a R32 ECU with modified loom.

Most people I know is running off a R32 ECU with modified loom.

Nothing available for R33 yet, as far as I was aware it is plug and play with a 20 ecu, its just that you loose the variable valve timing, but I think its only series 1 that might be plug and play as series 2 has the ignitor in the ecu where the Rb20 does not.