SAU Community

Where Is The R33 Full Workshop Manual (not Just The Engine)?

Torques

try the link i posted earlier and see if you can still register, got an email today requesting the deposit, here is the email i got:

This email is concerning the deposit for the 1993~1997 Nissan SKYLINE Code: WM107 . We now have enough numbers to carry out translation and publication of the above mentioned manual. Please make a NZ $30 deposit so we can start the process. Once we start we expect the manual to take 3 to 4 months to publish. Once we have the manual complete we will ask for the remaining amount of NZ $70 + NZ $20 postage and will ship the completed manual.

Yes, signed up yesterday and got the email, but I have no idea how to deposit the money for them.

I've emailed them back to ask how, its probably worth putting in the group buy section, I think it was there a long time ago...

Its going to need some advertising to get 150 people paid.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

I have never heard of a UK release and if there was one it would have been 'spread' eventually :D

To my knowledge the R33 was not sold outside Japan, so there is most likely no official version of it.

Believe me, I pulled all strings I could get hold of .. but no complete R33 manual..

The one 'floating' around is for the engine, but nothing else covered.

A real mystery for such a popular car ..

I see you come from Sydney?

How bad was this red dust storm you had over there?

I saw it on the news and it looked like a scene from planet Mars :P

Cheers from London,

Andrew

Fair enough Andrew just another rumor then I spose

As with the dust storm....wow what a day that was. Yeh it was pretty bad Ive never seen anything like it in my 34 years on Earth, Or is it Mars now? :D

I live at a place called Dural and work at Parramatta and the 30 odd min drive was pretty hard at sunrise you just couldnt see properly. I spose it was like a really heavy fog you guys would get in the UK.

Man the dust is still everywhere. Ive got a white dog and he is red, my grey house is red my clothes on the line are red my red 33 is....well.....still red :D

Anyway getting way off topic, Im gonna go and try to put a deposit down for the manual

Apparently they should be available in 3-4 weeks, anyone who wants one from the club can email

michael (at) jpnz.co.nz

So I think they've got enough interest now anyway :D

the email i got (in bold above) states 3-4 months, dont know why they would say that when it may be ready in 1 month.

the email i got (in bold above) states 3-4 months, dont know why they would say that when it may be ready in 1 month.

Yes, I got the same automated email saying 3-4 months, I also got 2 non-automated emails from Michael, there director that clearly say 3-4 weeks.

So I hope its 3-4 weeks but maybe he meant 3-4 months...

Yes, I got the same automated email saying 3-4 months, I also got 2 non-automated emails from Michael, there director that clearly say 3-4 weeks.

So I hope its 3-4 weeks but maybe he meant 3-4 months...

im hoping for 3-4 weeks as well, the part where you sign up on there web site said 4-8 weeks, would even be happy with that, 3-4months is a bit long.

Did he happen to mention how we go about making the deposit since the link i got does not work?

im hoping for 3-4 weeks as well, the part where you sign up on there web site said 4-8 weeks, would even be happy with that, 3-4months is a bit long.

Did he happen to mention how we go about making the deposit since the link i got does not work?

Ah yes, he said you can pay by credit card which suits me.

The 2nd time I clicked the link I got from the automated email, when I scroll to the bottom of the page it says $30 and there is an add to cart button, which you can progress to a checkout :thumbsup:

It does mention the NZ$150 price which doesn't match the email but I'll deposit it for now and discuss it with them when they request the rest of the money.

Ah yes, he said you can pay by credit card which suits me.

The 2nd time I clicked the link I got from the automated email, when I scroll to the bottom of the page it says $30 and there is an add to cart button, which you can progress to a checkout :thumbsup:

It does mention the NZ$150 price which doesn't match the email but I'll deposit it for now and discuss it with them when they request the rest of the money.

the $150 price tag i believe is for people who buy it after they have completed it, the ones who get there deposit in before they start and pay for it will get it for $120NZ posted, which is about 100AU

Edited by W0rp3D

NOT f**kING HAPPY JANNNN

Just got a reply to my email:

Hello Brett

All our manuals are now NZ $150 because we couldn’t get 150 to commit to the manuals over a fair amount of time so we now start to translate once we get near 100 people. We expect to have the Skyline manual ready in about 3 weeks.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)

So what incentive is there now to put down a deposit and rush to get one, i should send him an email saying i already have a pirated copy of his engine manual that i got someone else to print for me so that will do for now.

NOT f**kING HAPPY JANNNN

Just got a reply to my email:

So what incentive is there now to put down a deposit and rush to get one, i should send him an email saying i already have a pirated copy of his engine manual that i got someone else to print for me so that will do for now.

Spoke to him, if we can get a group together to buy them he has an Australian account and he could offer us a discounted rate.

Created a new thread here for an EOI for a group buy.

If we don't get the numbers then no discount, but if we do get a few numbers there then we can get a discounted rate *and* deposit into an Australian bank account....

Regards,

Gareth

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ...

How many pages are there and is everything covered (Body, GearBox, Electrics?)

And how much did you pay for the manual?

Cheers ..

Hey guys, my manual arrived finally and its awesome!!!!

Great stuff! so happy, finally i can fix a few things...this is sooooooo good!

Oder away peeps!

Chassis manual 328 pages.

Engine manual one 262 pages, no. 2 is a little smaller.

Chassis manual is

Clutch

Manual Trans

Auto trans

"Propeller" shaft and final drive

Drive shaft

Front Axle & Front Suspension

Rear Axle & Rear Suspension

Brake System

Steering System

Body exterior

Body interior

Engine Electrical System

Body Electrical System

Auto speed Control Device

Electronic Diagrams

I've got a few for a group buy and will be selling one for around $110 (prefer pick up in Vic though).

Happy New Year and cheers for that ...

I do live in London, so shipping might come expensive.

However I could organize a group buy for the UK.

Do you have contact details regarding a group buy?

As for the manual, is the Spec II covered as well?

Greetings from the chilly side of the globe (I envy you people :P

:banana:

Chassis manual 328 pages.

Engine manual one 262 pages, no. 2 is a little smaller.

Chassis manual is

Clutch

Manual Trans

Auto trans

"Propeller" shaft and final drive

Drive shaft

Front Axle & Front Suspension

Rear Axle & Rear Suspension

Brake System

Steering System

Body exterior

Body interior

Engine Electrical System

Body Electrical System

Auto speed Control Device

Electronic Diagrams

I've got a few for a group buy and will be selling one for around $110 (prefer pick up in Vic though).

Edited by Torques