SAU Community

Guilt-toy In Georgia (former Soviet Union)

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since ive posted in here....

I only tuned a few cars when I was back home, was not that keen to do much tuning anyway... it was my holiday...

So i get back to the UAE, and get my hands on a nice car...

This particular car was being built at our workshop by us for a high profile customer... just before i get back to the UAE he gets over the project and decided to sell it, he offers it to me at a good price so i round up as much cash as i can and buy it...

Its a 2004 Z33 Nissan 350z, with a inhouse built RB30DETT, 26 head, tomei oil pump, hks head gasket, os twin plate clutch, full stainless exhaust, vipec plugin ecu, rb25det gearbox + more..

The car was not really finished, i spent about a day on it to get it back up to scratch, i tuned it up to about 380hp at the rear wheels and its really a dream to drive, I am loving it!

post-1240-0-07298100-1328829901_thumb.jpg

I took it to the race track tonight and only managed 14.4 seconds, but the whole reason for that is because its got a 5 speed in it now, and a 3.5:1 diff, the car nearly passes the line in second gear!!! I need to find a 4.4:1 or 4.6:1 to really wake up the car.

post-1240-0-60991200-1328830018_thumb.jpg

I only had 2 runs, was not too keen on pushing and destroying the car at the race track, i just want to drive it on the street.

I really love the sound of this car, sounds like a really tough gtr, its got the heart of a GTR sooooo.... yeah.

I got a vielside full body kit with it, and a set of HKS 2510 turbos to put on, but right now im content enough with the stock wins, they are running the car quite nice!

post-1240-0-60991200-1328830018_thumb.jpg

I do not know, I do not do any of the fabrication / mechanical side on this conversion except advise how to build the 26/30. I will have to ask the guys who did the work, but im sure its not as hard as the twin turbo kit they are making for the 6.1 V8 Hemi, Jeep SRT8 4WD

here is another pic of the car, comparing the sound to my other rb30det, with the 25 head this one sounds great! i love the sound you can really hear the cracking of those throttles, also its twin turbo compared to single on the other one.

Its really a shame the diff ratio is sooo bad, I have no idea how im going to get a 4.11 in there, or at least a 3.9. I know the 370's had a 3.68 or something.... but that wont help anything.

this one has 17" wheels, all the other ones i have seen had 18's.. no matter i got a set of R35 gtr copy's in 18" to put on it when i can find some tyres.

also adaptronic have send me a new select ecu to put into this car, so I will do a write up on that ecu.

the engine bay is really ugly atm... I wont post anything up, before i got the car he took it to another tuner and they put a set of 1FZ toyota land cruiser coils on it, and the top cover is not on the car atm.

Will fix it all up in the next week or so i hope, maybe a set of lexus v8 coils might fit in there.

I just realised, that on the side of the car on the shopping list on one side, there is a "HOLDEN SS" sticker on there! hahahahahaa!!! how funny is that!

post-1240-0-74424200-1328904202_thumb.jpg

stock twins... how long so you think they will last on a rb30 at just under 1 bar? should i lower the boost a bit?

Depending what model 26 the turbo's are from. But its always a risk with the little time bombs.

how strong is the VQ engine ? i am thinking of dropping it into GLT-00Y with the 6 speed, also how strong is the 6 speed? could it handle 400rwkw? i heard they are weak as piss and even let go easily with the na 3.5

how strong is the VQ engine ? i am thinking of dropping it into GLT-00Y with the 6 speed, also how strong is the 6 speed? could it handle 400rwkw? i heard they are weak as piss and even let go easily with the na 3.5

People say the rods are made of glass, I just think the tuners in the US ramp too much timing in. They should be good for 280-300kw imo with the NA rods but look at the prices for US aftermarket piston/rod kits, it would make a great built motor with twins. :whistling:

The 6 speed should be fine, as with any box it would depend how you drive I guess.

Early 350z 6 speeds had soft syncro issues. Thats the box is probably has in it ATM.

What you need is a later Box- a CD009- not expensive at all.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=3342

Still wacko.gif why you would put tractor motor in 350z....

+1 to Scotts comments- The stock VQ35de crack is supposedly good for 700hp. Just need rods, pistons, bolts, and bearings. The heads flow heaps.

here is another project that we completed last year, this was for a VIP customer.

The car has now been sold so I was able to take a video and put it up on youtube, this has got to be my favorite project so far, the amount of hours i spent on this car.... was worth it, feels like a NA car and it goes great!

5.6 litre quad cam v8 with a GTX42, id1000cc injectors, vipec v88 ecu.

I love driving it :)