SAU Community

Rezz`s Photo Diary - Discussion Thread...

Rezz

I agree with Rezz, the best time of year is late summer - from Sept to November - the weather is cooler, there's plenty of festivals/events to go to.

The illegal stuff goes on all year, but there seems to be more stuff going on around Sept time than any other.

A lot depends on where you're planning to go and what you're wanting to see...

• 4 weeks later...

Rezz,

Thanks for uploading those awesome pics in the photo - diary! :)

I agree there was a definite rice theme going on, but it wasn't too bad. The Do Luck R34 GTR was by far the best car in show for me. The V35's looked awesome, especially the Nismo'd up one! :)

Look forward to seeing more pics uploaded later!

Dave

Hey no probs guys...

Stay tune, coz tonight I'm uploading: NSX's, Z33's, random stuff, and of course, the Race Queens!

• 2 months later...
All the captions in the Photo thread have very much piqued my interest! :rofl: Unfortunately, no pics at the moment :P... run out of space Rezz??
I made the fatal mistake of uploading a "certain" video of mine and hotlinking it to one of the busiest gaming sites in the world... I ahve exceeded allocated bandwidth for the month.

It'll be back bigger and badder next month... Stay tuned!!!

Hey people,

I have started saving for a trip to japan to import a car, I have already started saving and will have my target by the end of the year.

I am planing on going over in april but after reading certian threads its suggested August, due to car shows etc. But for purchasing a car what is the best way: auctions, car yards, private? and what time of year do most autions or sales occur?

A year sounds far but I have a bit of planning to do, and want to organise tickets (cheaper?) and passports early so I dont run out of time and rush things.

Rezz, you import cars to Australia, what do you know of the process, I cannot seem to find any decent site that explains this well?

From how I hae seen it,

Cost of car,

Theres a 15% Import duty,

10% GST,

Transport round $3000 + $500 Insurance which is recommended,

Custom stuff.

Im unsure on these figures, but any help would be appreciated.

BTW I couldnt find much in search, just general stuff, I really need a outline on the process and difficulty.

SuperGimp:

All the info you'll need can be found at:

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au - www.j-spec.com.au

Very detailed outline of what is required and what you have to pay. Prestige has a little flash thing as well going through the whole process step-by-step.

As far as i know, you can't just rock up to an auction yard and bid for cars. You might have to be a member, or you might have to pay some fee. But i'm not 100% sure.

hope those sites help.

P.S. Keep in mind also that the above places can import a car for you no troubles. Also www.upimports.com.au - But that's only if you want to import a car and that's it. Obviously you want to go and explore Japan but don't feel you have to actually go there to get a car, there are people (like the above companies) who can do it for you.

cheers