SAU Community

R35 Gtr Or F360 F1?

N/A®

599s and 612s are the F cars I am most cautious of on the track as they go well in a straight line but are such terrible handlers and the traction control so intrusive they almost grind to a stop mid-corner. You need to be very carefully lined up in the 35 so that you dont run into the back of them on corner exit as that certainly would be an expensive mess. 360s are generally too slow to mix it with most of the stock GTRs we have on track days so dont really spend much time in their vicinity on the track. F355 and older are generally roadblocks that ruin everyones day. No hating, just generally find them annoying to the faster guys that want to get some track time in :(

Edited by Martin Donnon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

599s and 612s are the F cars I am most cautious of on the track as they go well in a straight line but are such terrible handlers and the traction control so intrusive they almost grind to a stop mid-corner. You need to be very carefully lined up in the 35 so that you dont run into the back of them on corner exit as that certainly would be an expensive mess. 360s are generally too slow to mix it with most of the stock GTRs we have on track days so dont really spend much time in their vicinity on the track. F355 and older are generally roadblocks that ruin everyones day. No hating, just generally find them annoying to the faster guys that want to get some track time in :)

Haha man, R35 GTRs are roadblocks when im in my Radical :(

Martin, Martin, Martin.

I see you are still sore since my Ferrari lapped your Ferrari on lap 81 at Mallala the other day.

You have been most radical at attacking these fine gentlemen who like to drive their Ferraris as hard as they did when they were 17 ;)

What an awesome piece of kit that Lotus looks to be.

Shame they can't be road registered here.......they are in England..........Drive to and hopefully back home from the track.

Just like the Caterham and Cobra boys used to do :D

I have an abundance of C20XE engines lying around and no open wheelers for them to go in ;)

One day...

Martin, Martin, Martin.

I see you are still sore since my Ferrari lapped your Ferrari on lap 81 at Mallala the other day.

You have been most radical at attacking these fine gentlemen who like to drive their Ferraris as hard as they did when they were 17 :laugh:

what did Vin Diesel say in the original Fast and the Furious???? inch or a mile.......

And because they're over 1000kg and that's getting away from the whole idea of a lightweight Lotus/Radical/Caterham.

V8 Version is supposed to be a hand-full around the track..............

Methinks you would need some very good throttle control to use the short rev range of an LS engine in an open top club car. Traction wise, it just makes sense for them to have a buzzbox engine...

F355, F360 are POS. Italian trash IMHO. If only Ferrari can make their road cars half reliable as their F1 cars, then I will respect them more.

Like a one night stand with a hot blonde, the F355 and F360 are not the cars you want to keep long. Got friends who HAD owned them and they are more trouble than what they're worth, and believe me, they bring a new definition to the terms 'fragile', 'temperamental' and 'overpriced'.

Apart from the 'pose' factor, I can't see why anyone with half a brain and half the logic of a normal person would ever want to choose a F360 over a new GTR.

Edited by skyline_man

beacause as I said before, if you can afford one, you can afford both.... I'f you can't afford both you really can't afford to maintain either cars and your better off not wasting your money if you have to borrow on expensive cars...

Are you for real? Even if you can afford both, why would you? The GTR can do everything that the 360 can and even more. So why would you fork out 160k odd for a second hand car that will spend more time in the workshop getting repaired than it does on the road? Why would you spend 160k for a "supercar" that can't even beat a new STi or Evo?

I tell you why. It's because you're a POSER and you want the majority of people (who knows nothing about cars) to look at you and say...."ooohhhh, he's got a Ferrari"

All this talk and love of F360's makes me sick. Any of you fan boys ever had anything to do with them? Seen how fragile and poorly built they are? Seen how BLOODY SLOW they are when on a track? They're pathetic, and are simply a prosthetic extension for short balding men.

There is no contest between one and a 35, but personally, I have no aspiration to own either. The 35 is too smart by half for it's own good, they drive me nuts. GT3 for me :)