SAU Community

R35 Gtr Or F360 F1?

N/A®

... R35 or F360 F1 ?? ... a tough decision with both being amazing motor vehicles in their own right ... i own & drive a Skyline & work curating a private collection of Ferraris ... they are really chalk & cheese & should NEVER be put up against each other to see which is better ... there is no better car ... they are both excellent ... offering different driving experiences & talent ... most good drivers could get into an R35 and get excellent results instantly ... you could not say that of most good drivers who get into a Ferrari ... a Ferrari such as an F40 or GTO takes more than just a good driver to perform well in it ... it takes a highly skilled driver to even start to get from the car what it is capable of ... an R35 will put a smile on the average drivers face any day ... an F40 or GTO in the hands of an average driver will kill you without warning ! ...

... if you can afford an F360 F1 you can afford an R35 as well so get both ... a clutch & tune in an F360 F1 is in the region 8 to 10 grand ... not sure what the R35 would be ... but a Ferrari in the long run will always be a more valuable asset as it will continue to appreciate over time ... a lot of the early V12 Ferraris were made in numbers as few as 10 to 30 cars ... a 1965 250 SWB will cost you today over 10 million dollars ... no Nissan will ever reach those heights ... :D ...

... if i had enough money id buy the yellow 1965 V12 275 Ferrari i have the pleasure of tinkering on pictured below & id buy an R35 because i love them both ... but i just dont have a spare 1.6 million dollars ... ;)

... theres always the lotto ... cheers malcolm :)

post-9783-1259390925_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391069_thumb.jpg ... 1965 V12 275

post-9783-1259391276_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391318_thumb.jpg ... 1985 GTO

post-9783-1259391568_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391782_thumb.jpg ... 1962 LUSSO

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must admit although not being particularly quick, or even very good looking, the 360 attracts some fun kind of people.....

the-ferrari-guy2.jpg

Check out the full Ferrari F360 experience here - http://ferrariguyforhire.com/

An oldie but a goodie - and very relevant to this thread :D

... forget the car, guitar, hair cut, chain, stone wash denims & two tone tank top ! ... i want his snake skin boots !! ... :) ...

You think Ferrari's are expensive to maintain? Check this GTR tax out noobs: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accident...what-i-did.html

GTR Tax part two:

To keep the warranty on your GTR in Aus when needing to change ONE set of brake pads, you have to replace the pads on all FOUR wheels AND replace ALL FOUR DISCS! ie $200 fix becomes $10k. Me thinks most owners won't fuss about warranty...

yeah, it is looking like the GTR is costing allot more to maintain than the 360's were at the same age, either way if you can't afford it, dont buy it. Only positive with gtr in maintenance will be in 5 years when there will be allot more generic aftermarket parts for it and allot of cars being used as spares, as opposed to the much rarer 360's who really dont have much of a demand for aftermarket or copy parts for sale...

... R35 or F360 F1 ?? ... a tough decision with both being amazing motor vehicles in their own right ... i own & drive a Skyline & work curating a private collection of Ferraris ... they are really chalk & cheese & should NEVER be put up against each other to see which is better ... there is no better car ... they are both excellent ... offering different driving experiences & talent ... most good drivers could get into an R35 and get excellent results instantly ... you could not say that of most good drivers who get into a Ferrari ... a Ferrari such as an F40 or GTO takes more than just a good driver to perform well in it ... it takes a highly skilled driver to even start to get from the car what it is capable of ... an R35 will put a smile on the average drivers face any day ... an F40 or GTO in the hands of an average driver will kill you without warning ! ...

... if you can afford an F360 F1 you can afford an R35 as well so get both ... a clutch & tune in an F360 F1 is in the region 8 to 10 grand ... not sure what the R35 would be ... but a Ferrari in the long run will always be a more valuable asset as it will continue to appreciate over time ... a lot of the early V12 Ferraris were made in numbers as few as 10 to 30 cars ... a 1965 250 SWB will cost you today over 10 million dollars ... no Nissan will ever reach those heights ... :) ...

... if i had enough money id buy the yellow 1965 V12 275 Ferrari i have the pleasure of tinkering on pictured below & id buy an R35 because i love them both ... but i just dont have a spare 1.6 million dollars ... :)

... theres always the lotto ... cheers malcolm :D

post-9783-1259390925_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391069_thumb.jpg ... 1965 V12 275

post-9783-1259391276_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391318_thumb.jpg ... 1985 GTO

post-9783-1259391568_thumb.jpgpost-9783-1259391782_thumb.jpg ... 1962 LUSSO

:D That will shut the noobs up, even though the crux of it is the same as what i said. Good work Malcolm, that puts the inteligence number of individuals commenting on this thread up to 3 people lol.

The F1 will never apriciate as much as your examples primarily due to allot more numbers being made, but it will do much much better over time than Godzilla.

:) That will shut the noobs up, even though the crux of it is the same as what i said. Good work Malcolm, that puts the inteligence number of individuals commenting on this thread up to 3 people lol.

All Malcolm has really said here is that Ferraris are good to look at, not drive. This holds particularly true of the old cars, the modern F360 being a fairly soft interpretation of the Ferrari theme :D

A good example comes from old faithful the Nurburgring lap time sheet.

The Challenge Stradale (full race version of the F360) is a stunning 30 seconds a lap slower than the 2009 GTR. Thats a long, long way, and it shares its time with the NSX of the era, a car noted for its lack of general grunt :)

Ferrari dude, he knows the right uses :D

Edited by Martin Donnon

All Malcolm has really said here is that Ferraris are good to look at, not drive. This holds particularly true of the old cars, the modern F360 being a fairly soft interpretation of the Ferrari theme :D

... not what i was trying to say at all ... no Ferrari in the 50's & 60's were built without them competing as race cars ... sure there were road going versions but they were all also produced in "competition spec" out of aluminium & raced at Le Mans & Grand Prix's ... a 4 litre V12 in an aluminium comp spec 250 SWB or 250 GTO in the early 60's would have been a "thrilling drive" to say the least ... the torque from those V12's very impressive ... :) ...

... it wasnt till the 70's & beyond that Ferraris became more consumer orientated with the Dino 246 & 308's & 328's ...

post-9783-1259456221_thumb.jpg 250 SWB (Short Wheel Base) ... in my humble opinion the hottest car ever built ... :) ...

post-9783-1259456241_thumb.jpg 250 GTO ... not bad either ... :D ...

Quote :[The Challenge Stradale (full race version of the F360) is a stunning 30 seconds a lap slower than the 2009 GTR.]

... not sure if its fair to compare an all wheel drive car to a rear wheel drive car ... compare an R35 to other all wheel drive cars sure ... :D ...

Edited by malcolm

So it comes down to - if you want to buy a car to go fast on the track, buy a GTR

if you want pose value a sense of history and performance isnt important then the Ferrari ticks the boxes :D

... not at all ... just not fair to compare a car built 50 years ago to one built in 2009 ... no one is denying how amazing the R35 is ... nor the 250 SWB ... both cars have "pose value" , "a sense of history" & "performance" ... as does a Bi-Plane & FA-18 ... :) ...

Ahh I see, I THOUGHT we were trying to work out whats better, an F360 or an R35 GTR as a modern car

F360 is not fast, has pose value to some, and a sense of history. It also attracts all the cool dudes if that happens to be your thing :D

44277_5_468.jpeg

... i think thats what we were doing ... i may have confused the issue by bringing in the classic Ferraris - sorry ... but i still dont think an all wheel drive car should be put up against a rear wheel drive car ... theyre just in different "competition" categories ... the R32 proved that at Bathurst 20 years ago in no uncertain terms .... :) ...

... i think thats what we were doing ... i may have confused the issue by bringing in the classic Ferraris - sorry ... but i still dont think an all wheel drive car should be put up against a rear wheel drive car ... theyre just in different "competition" categories ... the R32 proved that at Bathurst 20 years ago in no uncertain terms .... :D ...

The Porsche GT2 is compared directly with the GTR constantly by tv and mags and its rear wheel drive.

It's also compared to the RWD ZR1 and ACR Viper but we won't go there :)

Oops :D?

Malcolm that sounds like something of an awesome job you have there. Do you ever get tired of looking at those?

Ferrariguy is hilarious in his own right...but as for attracting women...if it's your thing to use a car, I'm pretty sure the success rates of "would you like a ride in my Nissan" vs "would you like a ride in my Ferrari" would present itself something of a landslide victory in favour of the latter. Poser or not, the Ferrari owner is going home with the girl.

Malcolm that sounds like something of an awesome job you have there. Do you ever get tired of looking at those?

Ferrariguy is hilarious in his own right...but as for attracting women...if it's your thing to use a car, I'm pretty sure the success rates of "would you like a ride in my Nissan" vs "would you like a ride in my Ferrari" would present itself something of a landslide victory in favour of the latter. Poser or not, the Ferrari owner is going home with the girl.

Actually from my experience and from what others have said, a Ferrari will attract more MEN and young boys than women.

Women are not really cluey about which car is which unless she is a car nut.

The Porsche GT2 is compared directly with the GTR constantly by tv and mags and its rear wheel drive.

... Exactly ! ... you're spot on ! ... that is a fair "matching" for comparison ... :D ...

... (the same reason why Porsche was one of the first to place an order for 2 R35's

so they could drive one and pull the other one apart to see what made it tick)

... :) ...

... yeah the jobs great ... when you see those early V12 Ferraris up close you really appreciate the level of craftmanship ... no production lines for those early cars ... they were "entirely" hand built ... all the guards/panels hand rolled & beaten into shape ... crazy stuff ! ... :) ...

... its a shame that cars like Ferraris get labelled as "poser cars" ... there is the odd "flash with my cash" owner that you see out & about & he is probably the reason for the label ... from my experience 99.99% of all Ferrari owners are car enthusiasts who appreciate motor sport, engineering, style, heritage & quality ... youll never see them posing in their cars driving around town ... but you will definatley see them thrashing the living daylights out them on a track ...

... & as for the ladies ... id hate to think any woman would go out with a guy because of what car he drove ... & hate even more any guy who would go out with girl because she like his car ... rather than him ... :D ...