SAU Community

R35 Gtr Or F360 F1?

N/A®

Actually from my experience and from what others have said, a Ferrari will attract more MEN and young boys than women.

Women are not really cluey about which car is which unless she is a car nut.

Most women know what a Ferrari is or at the least what it stands for...

I don't doubt you'll attract a heap of males driving a Ferrari, but I reiterate: I'm pretty sure the success rates of "would you like a ride in my Nissan" vs "would you like a ride in my Ferrari" would present itself something of a landslide victory in favour of the latter. If it's not the case I'd love to see the research that goes against it :P

... yeah the jobs great ... when you see those early V12 Ferraris up close you really appreciate the level of craftmanship ... no production lines for those early cars ... they were "entirely" hand built ... all the guards/panels hand rolled & beaten into shape ... crazy stuff ! ... :D ...

... its a shame that cars like Ferraris get labelled as "poser cars" ... there is the odd "flash with my cash" owner that you see out & about & he is probably the reason for the label ... from my experience 99.99% of all Ferrari owners are car enthusiasts who appreciate motor sport, engineering, style, heritage & quality ... youll never see them posing in their cars driving around town ... but you will definatley see them thrashing the living daylights out them on a track ...

... & as for the ladies ... id hate to think any woman would go out with a guy because of what car he drove ... & hate even more any guy who would go out with girl because she like his car ... rather than him ... :P ...

Those were the days when each car was unique in its own right, not because of factory fault...but because of factory perfection...workers were artists! I don't care much for the poser term/stigma either...often those who coin/use these terms in this kind of context do so out of envy.

Hahaha there are plenty of women who would go out with a guy because of the car he drives...but moreso because it's something expensive. It implies wealth and therefore security/status. There are also plenty of guys who just want to have a trophy on the side to make himself look good too. We've all seen the hot young thing sitting next to the 60 year old Ferrari/Porsche owner before :(

Oh well, the debate is a bit irrelevant now...OP has chosen his vehicle and Ferrari or R35 he was always going to be happy with the choice ;)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't doubt you'll attract a heap of males driving a Ferrari, but I reiterate: I'm pretty sure the success rates of "would you like a ride in my Nissan" vs "would you like a ride in my Ferrari" would present itself something of a landslide victory in favour of the latter. If it's not the case I'd love to see the research that goes against it :P

Those were the days when each car was unique in its own right, not because of factory fault...but because of factory perfection...workers were artists! I don't care much for the poser term/stigma either...often those who coin/use these terms in this kind of context do so out of envy.

Hahaha there are plenty of women who would go out with a guy because of the car he drives...but moreso because it's something expensive. It implies wealth and therefore security/status. There are also plenty of guys who just want to have a trophy on the side to make himself look good too. We've all seen the hot young thing sitting next to the 60 year old Ferrari/Porsche owner before :D

Oh well, the debate is a bit irrelevant now...OP has chosen his vehicle and Ferrari or R35 he was always going to be happy with the choice :(

... good post ... fair enough ... well said ... :P ...

Also, never buy toys on credit. Put down cold harsh cash on cars!

mmm with exception to financing it to offset company tax, assuming your tax is more than the car lol. Why give it to the government when you can enjoy your hard earned money...

mmm with exception to financing it to offset company tax, assuming your tax is more than the car lol. Why give it to the government when you can enjoy your hard earned money...

Yeah you can lease it based on your assets, Im not an accountant but with enough assets (Real estate property) you can write it off quiet well as a company expense .

Hahaha there are plenty of women who would go out with a guy because of the car he drives...but moreso because it's something expensive. It implies wealth and therefore security/status. There are also plenty of guys who just want to have a trophy on the side to make himself look good too. We've all seen the hot young thing sitting next to the 60 year old Ferrari/Porsche owner before :P

Oh well, the debate is a bit irrelevant now...OP has chosen his vehicle and Ferrari or R35 he was always going to be happy with the choice :D

If I had an F car, the last thing I would tell some chick I met that I drive one, in fact I would never speak of it or mention, why bait the wrong type of women with the wrong type of bait?

Then again, I guess it could work for one night stands...

Then again, I guess it could work for one night stands...

:P

If you're looking for a long termer, then yeah, probably a good idea not to mention it until you've scoped out just how big her shovel is :P

Post purchase dissonance? :P

If I bought a Modena it'd be for looks more than anything. To me that car has something of a timeless design to it...I can't flaw the appearance.

You of all people know that's part of morality :P .

I've never been in a R32 but my uncle has a 360 F1 Spyder right now (after many other things). He paid $310k for it not long ago at all LOL. As a total package I would say the GTR trumps it. But the noise of the 360 is something else (he paid $6.5k for an exhaust alone!).

Ferrari = emotional, status car which cost a bomb to maintain

GTR = rational car, still quite an amount of status associated, still cost a reasonable amount to maintain but is more reliable and better at literally everything

Before when I was being silly with cars and importing (and speculative debt) I considered a F355 from the UK. I'd still prefer a F355 over a F360 for a variety of reasons.

You of all people know that's part of morality :nyaanyaa: .

GTR = rational car, still quite an amount of status associated, still cost a reasonable amount to maintain but is more reliable and better at literally everything

lol i don't think you have read any of the posts except for the last few... Rational car? 0-100 in like 3.3 seconds, a little bit of over kill for the streets dont you think???? lol Status? amongst school boy racers maybe...

Reliability shouldn't be considered since the cars are only 2 years old lol. 2001 kia carnival was rated the best value car with reliability when it was brought out, lol then at 70 000km 1/3 of all of their engines failed (usually outside of their warrantee lol)...

Literally better at everything? except for Not having as good a name, not sounding anywhere near as good, as i said before it is/was the worlds fastest production car untill the ZR1 aparently took over, christ sake it should be faster on the tracks seeing as it has the advantage of nearly 10 years of advancing technology and an AWD system...

When the 360 was new it was up against an R34 gtr, who was better then even with its awd system and its japanese computers...?? Its like comparing todays Olympic runners to Olympic runners from the 1920's, sure they were fast for their time, but they will always get smashed by todays runners...

Yes the R35 is good value compared to other new supercars, but if you want real value get a $18k R32 gtr, throw $50-70k into it, for under 100k it WILL eat anything else on the road lol, all depends if you want a stupidly fast car, or a fast car with class

Before when I was being silly with cars and importing (and speculative debt) I considered a F355 from the UK. I'd still prefer a F355 over a F360 for a variety of reasons.

Do you know that an F355 is MUCH harder to maintain than an F360? In fact, you can do most of the work yourself on an F360, whereas with the F355 you almost always need to chuck in a whole heap of money just to keep it in working order given that they are much older than a 360 now.

Reading what F car owners say about 360 and 355, 360 is a much better pick of the two.

Then again if you are buying an F car, you must ensure that you have enough funds to look after it when things break. So if you buy the car for $200 and you have nothing left over to fix it up, then that is silly.

Surely resale of the Ferrari would be much much better?

I'd vote black definitely.

If you are bringing the car back to Oz, then the GT-R should have better resale. Put simply, not many people in Aus want to touch a grey import Ferrari or Porsche (or most top end Euros)...... but there are a few willing to take a plunge on a JDM GT-R.

Also that boy racer body kit on the 360 is not something I'd want on my Ferrari, (nor would I want it on my GT-R)...for the future Ferrari purchaser that body kit would be like giving it leprosy.

Do you know that an F355 is MUCH harder to maintain than an F360? In fact, you can do most of the work yourself on an F360, whereas with the F355 you almost always need to chuck in a whole heap of money just to keep it in working order given that they are much older than a 360 now.

Reading what F car owners say about 360 and 355, 360 is a much better pick of the two.

Then again if you are buying an F car, you must ensure that you have enough funds to look after it when things break. So if you buy the car for $200 and you have nothing left over to fix it up, then that is silly.

Very interesting. There is a VERY well known Ferrari mechanic in Melbourne (whom my brother-in-law would take his Mondial 3.2 to) and his thoughts were that the F355 (particularly later versions) were one of the most reliable modern Ferrari's you could buy, definately rated it ahead of the 360 in that respect.

Hey Malcom, those older Ferrari's are just magnificent, great job you have there! Thanks for posting those pics (esp 250 GTO, 250 SWB and Lusso)

I have mentioned that I am an avid Ferrari F1 fan and have followed their team & road cars for a very long time, however I have to disagree that a 360 Challenge Stradale cannot be compared to the GT-R, it has has to be, they are both supercars. They go about their business VERY differently, but at the end of the day both cars are built to go extremely fast on a track. The GT-R compares with 911 GT2, Corvette and Viper and the quickest cars around the Nurburgring are actually rwd (Radical SR8LM and Gumpert Appollo) so you can't say it's unfair. You also have to compare GT-R with F430 and the new 458 Italia and if they can't cut it with the GT-R on the track or road, there should be no excuses, just the kudos the GT-R deserves.

If Ferrari lose the F1 championship next year, I will feel the same way, either they are not good enough or they are, if they are they win that's great and it will be deservedly so, but you can only make up so many excuses.

Very interesting. There is a VERY well known Ferrari mechanic in Melbourne (whom my brother-in-law would take his Mondial 3.2 to) and his thoughts were that the F355 (particularly later versions) were one of the most reliable modern Ferrari's you could buy, definately rated it ahead of the 360 in that respect.

Wrong. Read up on f355 vs 360 on 6speedonline.com forums, ferrarichat.com forums and even the official ferrari.com forums, and all the owners that used to own F355s that have moved up to 360s will tell you, the 360 is the most reliable ferrari ever. Read up on F355s and valve guides and headers.

If you are bringing the car back to Oz, then the GT-R should have better resale. Put simply, not many people in Aus want to touch a grey import Ferrari or Porsche (or most top end Euros)...... but there are a few willing to take a plunge on a JDM GT-R.

Also that boy racer body kit on the 360 is not something I'd want on my Ferrari, (nor would I want it on my GT-R)...for the future Ferrari purchaser that body kit would be like giving it leprosy.

lol there are a motza of ex Japanese and hong kong prestige cars entering Oz roads lol, this has been happening for the last 15 years on quite a large scale.

Also its much easier to get a priv import 360 to aust than it is to get an R35 here, also you are nearly completely rooted by nissan when you need to buy R35 parts for it and Nissan Aust refuses to sell you the parts to fix it because it wasn't an Aus delivered gtr, they are very strict on import Gtr parts.... Ferrari doesn't care, they see it as part of their family no matter where it comes from

Wrong. Read up on f355 vs 360 on 6speedonline.com forums, ferrarichat.com forums and even the official ferrari.com forums, and all the owners that used to own F355s that have moved up to 360s will tell you, the 360 is the most reliable ferrari ever. Read up on F355s and valve guides and headers.

I agree with this post, i was thinking very similar to you when i read his comment

Yeah because the resale value of the R32 GTR attests to your theory doesn't it?

I dunno, thats the overall opinion over the F car forums. Ive never owned any so cant comment directly, but the gist is, the 360 is newer and better built than the older F355.

I much prefer the styling of the 360, as its one the sexiest F cars Ive ever seen IMO.

lol i don't think you have read any of the posts except for the last few... Rational car? 0-100 in like 3.3 seconds, a little bit of over kill for the streets dont you think???? lol Status? amongst school boy racers maybe...

Reliability shouldn't be considered since the cars are only 2 years old lol. 2001 kia carnival was rated the best value car with reliability when it was brought out, lol then at 70 000km 1/3 of all of their engines failed (usually outside of their warrantee lol)...

Literally better at everything? except for Not having as good a name, not sounding anywhere near as good, as i said before it is/was the worlds fastest production car untill the ZR1 aparently took over, christ sake it should be faster on the tracks seeing as it has the advantage of nearly 10 years of advancing technology and an AWD system...

When the 360 was new it was up against an R34 gtr, who was better then even with its awd system and its japanese computers...?? Its like comparing todays Olympic runners to Olympic runners from the 1920's, sure they were fast for their time, but they will always get smashed by todays runners...

Yes the R35 is good value compared to other new supercars, but if you want real value get a $18k R32 gtr, throw $50-70k into it, for under 100k it WILL eat anything else on the road lol, all depends if you want a stupidly fast car, or a fast car with class

I said rational, not sensible. Status is status. Even if you don't like how it is sought. Your point on reliability is a round about way of agreeing with mine. Your points about it being better at just about everything - aside from subjective things such as sound and brand association - support mine. The GTR is a superior car, regardless of age. Regardless of name. Of sound. On a price basis, it does everything better.

Blokes with F355s that I have known haven't had those issues. One of them preferred his F355 to his F360 for a variety of reasons, he reckoned it was more useable. I wouldn't know, I've only been in each one a handful of times. I could only go on what I've been told and what I've read on the internet (obviouisly not read enough!). Besides, the F355 was much cheaper to import so it suited me.

Yeah because the resale value of the R32 GTR attests to your theory doesn't it?

lol

I dunno, thats the overall opinion over the F car forums. Ive never owned any so cant comment directly, but the gist is, the 360 is newer and better built than the older F355.

I much prefer the styling of the 360, as its one the sexiest F cars Ive ever seen IMO.

+1 360 is king

I hear the passion with the 355 but personally, they are so old and even the 360 - especially interior wise - shows its age. If I could, the 430 would be a great consideration but its almost twice the price. Regardless of how great the 355 is, why buy a car that makes you feel and look back dated... even if a Ferrari.