SAU Community

R35 Gtr Or F360 F1?

N/A®

Birds, a 360 Modena is good for a 0-100 km/h dash in the mid 4 second range, BUT...and it's a big BUT, that is if you are willing to be very abusive to the clutch and can make most of a rear wheel drive launch. ...which most owners are not willing or even capable of doing. A GT-R or 911 Turbo will do low 4's , high 3's all day long without raising a sweat.

The other problem with the 360M is the torque, or more accurately , lack of it, you need to rev the engine to stratospheric heights to acheive the 294kw (at 8,500rpm!) and Torque is rated at 373 Nm at 4,750 rpm. A GT-R or 911 Turbo will simply leave it in it's wake esp on the move.

Now I agree performance isn't everything and the sheer beauty, noise & passion of the 360 is a BIG drawcard...but you can't get around the fact that its a relatively expensive and fragile car and all that romantic stuff means diddly when you have a sick Ferrari and it's sitting in a work shop for weeks with the engine and gearbox pulled out and you know a big five-figure bill is coming your way! The romance quickly disappears unfortunately!

I still think the GT-R is the best blend of look-at-me factor + performance + userfriendly + wallet friendly (for a supercar)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if you're talking milliseconds worth of difference in dash times, that's arbitrarily the difference between a two launches or gear changes...hardly league of its own stuff. I mean, I've taken down a 911 Carrera in a Soarer as per bad gear changes on his part. All but the most professional drivers are going to find 0.2-0.3 seconds making a difference. I don't disagree the Ferrari more suited to people who could afford the original RRP...and the GTR better suited to people who can afford it at it's original RRP...but again, you don't buy a Ferrari for reliability or term deposit bank accounts. There are situations I would choose the GTR for and there are situations I would choose the Ferrari for. Performance on the road...well you're never going to be able to use either to their full potential legally, in which case I choose show over go anyway...but that's just me.

Well if you're talking milliseconds worth of difference in dash times, that's arbitrarily the difference between a two launches or gear changes...hardly league of its own stuff. I mean, I've taken down a 911 Carrera in a Soarer as per bad gear changes on his part. All but the most professional drivers are going to find 0.2-0.3 seconds making a difference. I don't disagree the Ferrari more suited to people who could afford the original RRP...and the GTR better suited to people who can afford it at it's original RRP...but again, you don't buy a Ferrari for reliability or term deposit bank accounts. There are situations I would choose the GTR for and there are situations I would choose the Ferrari for. Performance on the road...well you're never going to be able to use either to their full potential legally, in which case I choose show over go anyway...but that's just me.

I agree, but not with your last sentence.... there are things called tracks and private property lol.

Birds, a 360 Modena is good for a 0-100 km/h dash in the mid 4 second range, BUT...and it's a big BUT, that is if you are willing to be very abusive to the clutch and can make most of a rear wheel drive launch. ...which most owners are not willing or even capable of doing. A GT-R or 911 Turbo will do low 4's , high 3's all day long without raising a sweat.

The other problem with the 360M is the torque, or more accurately , lack of it, you need to rev the engine to stratospheric heights to acheive the 294kw (at 8,500rpm!) and Torque is rated at 373 Nm at 4,750 rpm. A GT-R or 911 Turbo will simply leave it in it's wake esp on the move.

Now I agree performance isn't everything and the sheer beauty, noise & passion of the 360 is a BIG drawcard...but you can't get around the fact that its a relatively expensive and fragile car and all that romantic stuff means diddly when you have a sick Ferrari and it's sitting in a work shop for weeks with the engine and gearbox pulled out and you know a big five-figure bill is coming your way! The romance quickly disappears unfortunately!

I still think the GT-R is the best blend of look-at-me factor + performance + userfriendly + wallet friendly (for a supercar)

ye but everyone seems to be missing the fact that its a Ferrari so who cares if its fragile, a clutch is a clutch, change it lol.

If you spend 6 figres on a car, your not going to give it hell, unless you can afford to... if you can't afford to give it hell, you can't afford to own a ferrari and thats the fact. Same with owning a GTR, if you can't afford repair bills, then don't buy a GTR, really its still too soon to know if the GTR is reliable or not so using the reliability thing as an argument is a bit stupid, for all we know at 70 000km the GTR will just shit its engines, we just don't know since the models and the components are only a couple years old. The 360's have been around since 1999, they are fairly oldish and in reality the ones that break down are the ones that get thrashed, they are the track cars, they are rental cars ect... thats the same for any car, even the GTR's already. The GTR is faster, easier to drive, cheaper, but it will always be 2nd best to a ferrari in terms that its still only a nissan. I'm a GTR fan, the car is better in the stats and numbers, it could probably even go around corners faster, but really guys ferrari gets the girls while the gtr guy races with the bros lol. I just made that up but you know what i mean.

In reality GTR = WIN

But it still comes second best to the Prancing pony

This thread is a little dumb, the two cars are not even comparable - and Ive driven both.

The Ferrari 360 is a lovely little pose car. It looks 'nice' though not as nice as a 355, and performs adequately but will still struggle to match a current SS Commodore in a side by side run....so you dont buy it for performance, as it really doesnt have much. Still its a Ferrari.

GTR on the other hand is the Ugly Betty of Supercars. Its big, bulbous, has no cred to the Latte set, but will wipe the floor with anything you care to benchmark it against at any venue in any conditions. Still its a Nissan.

As they say - Fiat for show, Datsun for a pro ;)

Nobody bothered to see what times a SS commo really gets? Its far from Ferrari pace mate, 2007 Auto SS gets mid to high 6's standard.

HSV GTO manual gets 5.4 seconds (and thats a GTO not an ss)

this guy gets 8 seconds lol

Fail Martin, a ferrari 360 is an easy 1 second faster 0-100

360's 1/4 mile is mid 12's

ss VE 1/4 miles with cat back is around 14.2 lol

Uber fail, i have too much time on my hands and can look these things up, serves you right for comapring a clappadore to a ferrari

Nobody bothered to see what times a SS commo really gets? Its far from Uber fail, i have too much time on my hands and can look these things up, serves you right for comapring a clappadore to a ferrari

Ok so I lost the internet battle, fail me now :bunny:

HOWEVER...I did attend a private drag day with the owner of an F360 which ran consistent 13.4 second 1/4 mile passes over about five runs (stock + Tubi), and at the time a new VZ LS2 Grange ran 13.3 also quite consistently (totally stock), which to me puts their performance fairly similar if not the Ferrari being slightly slower. I know its not a Google search and its something that actually happened in real life, but surely that doesnt make it any less credible on the Internet does it? ;)

Thank you for all the comments guys.. almost everyone with valid points. Decision has pretty much been made.... GTR it is. To own long term, I would probably gone the 360 but I am looking more at resale value. I dont intend to keep it for long and will send it back to Aus. If not for this, I would have gone F360.

The next issue is colour... either silver or black. I cant stand the white as it is too boring - must be the Japan influence, black is the colour of choice!

Ive gone to look at a couple and the silver stands out nicely. What you guys think for resale in 18 months?

While youre thinking, can I just show you what you can get for the same amount as a new GTR... :)

post-5116-1259243219_thumb.jpgpost-5116-1259243229_thumb.jpg

and for the GTR lovers, here is a Wald modified one for sale right now...

post-5116-1259243621_thumb.jpgpost-5116-1259243610_thumb.jpg

Edited by N/A®

Surely resale of the Ferrari would be much much better?

I'd vote black definitely.

What I meant was ease of resale. I figure the chances of finding someone who would spend 100 ~ 120K on a personal import GTR to be higher than someone looking to spent that on a personal import Ferrari.

Thank you for all the comments guys.. almost everyone with valid points. Decision has pretty much been made.... GTR it is. To own long term, I would probably gone the 360 but I am looking more at resale value. I dont intend to keep it for long and will send it back to Aus. If not for this, I would have gone F360.

The next issue is colour... either silver or black. I cant stand the white as it is too boring - must be the Japan influence, black is the colour of choice!

Ive gone to look at a couple and the silver stands out nicely. What you guys think for resale in 18 months?

While youre thinking, can I just show you what you can get for the same amount as a new GTR... :)

Those are some hot body kits on those 360's very hot!

CHECK THIS OUT for the hottest photo's of a stock Super Silver GTR & a Stock Black GTR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/propertysnaps...517029412/show/

The Super silver one is mine taken by this professional photographer friend of the guy I bought it off. They colour's look great IMO.

And yes those images have some post processing done to them to make them pop out, if only Nissan had hired this guy to do their promo photo's they would of sold so many more GTR's.

He did well cause the GTR doesn't photograph very well, its a little ugly betty in photographs half the time. People always comment on "wow it really looks amazing in real life, photo's don't do it justice"

Ok so I lost the internet battle, fail me now :)

HOWEVER...I did attend a private drag day with the owner of an F360 which ran consistent 13.4 second 1/4 mile passes over about five runs (stock + Tubi), and at the time a new VZ LS2 Grange ran 13.3 also quite consistently (totally stock), which to me puts their performance fairly similar if not the Ferrari being slightly slower. I know its not a Google search and its something that actually happened in real life, but surely that doesnt make it any less credible on the Internet does it? :laugh:

Ferrari is only limmited by the driver, also anyone who drives any car knows tyres make a massive difference, especially from a standing start, and i do find it hard to believe a grange ran 13.3 stock, thats absolute crap mate, or he happens to be the most awesome driver ever. i find it very hard to believe

post-5116-1259243219_thumb.jpgpost-5116-1259243229_thumb.jpg

Resale in 18 months for both cars should be either fairly similar, or in the ferraris favour by only alittle bit (here in Australia anyway). Being an australian delivered GTR (meaning there is no shortage of supply if people want new) i can't see it holding its value anywhere near as good as the ferrari

Ferrari is only limmited by the driver,

mate, every car is limited to the driver. regardless the 360 aint that quick, you have been told twice by people in the know. Since you ahve never owend or driven one, how can you be so sure about urself?.

I have loved ferrari's for ever, but even I know, that car is no flagship vehicle. Id take the GTR personally also. but if it was between a F40 or F355... hmm id take the ferrari :P

mate, every car is limited to the driver. regardless the 360 aint that quick, you have been told twice by people in the know. Since you ahve never owend or driven one, how can you be so sure about urself?.

I have loved ferrari's for ever, but even I know, that car is no flagship vehicle. Id take the GTR personally also. but if it was between a F40 or F355... hmm id take the ferrari :blink:

ummm.... righteo you know me better than me.... good luck with that, tip for internet forum use, don't make assuptions about people you don't know, it just makes anyone who makes assumptions sound like an idiot

No not every car is limmited by the driver mate, Heard of launch controll? Set it up and just hold the accelerator down and the car does the rest.... the GTR isn't limmited by the driver, the car does the driving, traction controll, esp, abs, launch controll. all you need to do is steer and throw on the brake every now and then, the ferrari you have to know the car, know how to drive it, not be scared to give it heaps.... so i'm correct in saying the Ferrari is only limmitted by the driver, and the GTR is basically limmited by its self.

i'm well aware of its performance, christ sake i said the GTR is better on the street and on the track..... i'm not saying the ferrari is the bees knees, its still a ferrari, it has the name, it has the looks, it has the sound, it has the appeal of 99% of people on the roads, and even the 360 would still beat most cars on the street and the track even though it gets slaughted by the GTR, but the GTR slaughters nearly evrry car out there , you will be the envy of all your friends. I love both, i love the gtr's performance, i even like the GTR's controversial looks, but i like the over all package of the ferrari more but that doesnt mean i dont like the GTR, there is more to cars than how fast it is, especially in ferraris. Most of these dreamers on here throw in there 2 cents even though the closest they'll get to one is a CAR show.

If i was going to choose, i'd get BOTH, for 2 reasons:

1: They both have there good and bad points.

2: Because i can >_<

You think Ferrari's are expensive to maintain? Check this GTR tax out noobs: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accident...what-i-did.html

GTR Tax part two:

To keep the warranty on your GTR in Aus when needing to change ONE set of brake pads, you have to replace the pads on all FOUR wheels AND replace ALL FOUR DISCS! ie $200 fix becomes $10k. Me thinks most owners won't fuss about warranty...

Edited by OBaYBe

ummm.... righteo you know me better than me.... good luck with that, tip for internet forum use, don't make assuptions about people you don't know, it just makes anyone who makes assumptions sound like an idiot

No not every car is limmited by the driver mate, Heard of launch controll? Set it up and just hold the accelerator down and the car does the rest.... the GTR isn't limmited by the driver, the car does the driving, traction controll, esp, abs, launch controll. all you need to do is steer and throw on the brake every now and then, the ferrari you have to know the car, know how to drive it, not be scared to give it heaps.... so i'm correct in saying the Ferrari is only limmitted by the driver, and the GTR is basically limmited by its self.

i'm well aware of its performance, christ sake i said the GTR is better on the street and on the track..... i'm not saying the ferrari is the bees knees, its still a ferrari, it has the name, it has the looks, it has the sound, it has the appeal of 99% of people on the roads, and even the 360 would still beat most cars on the street and the track even though it gets slaughted by the GTR, but the GTR slaughters nearly evrry car out there , you will be the envy of all your friends. I love both, i love the gtr's performance, i even like the GTR's controversial looks, but i like the over all package of the ferrari more but that doesnt mean i dont like the GTR, there is more to cars than how fast it is, especially in ferraris. Most of these dreamers on here throw in there 2 cents even though the closest they'll get to one is a CAR show.

If i was going to choose, i'd get BOTH, for 2 reasons:

1: They both have there good and bad points.

2: Because i can :)

+ twenty billion.

Sure paper statistics / Google searches suck, but so do singular real life examples put forth as gospel. A Ford Laser can beat a Ferrari given the right circumstances, doesn't mean it can beat it all the time. And in the Ferrari vs Grange example...I believe the Grange is capable of those times but the Ferrari is indeed capable of doing better in the right hands.

OP, you can't go past black or red in the GTR IMO...they are unmistakable colours. Good point about the GTR, I too think it will have an easier chance of resale than the Ferrari.