SAU Community

R35 Gtr Or F360 F1?

N/A®

Been looking at getting a 34 GTR but the good ones are still quite high up and not too far from a 35 GTR - at least here in Japan anyway.

For a similar amount, I can get myself a 2008 35 GTR or a 2001 F1 Modena 360. Not sure which way to go as I would like the technology of the GTR but a 360 is tempting...

Your thoughts?

70005017722009011200200.jpg

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's all a question of preference. Ferraris don't really do much for me, so I would personally take the R35 GTR. Having said that, if we were talking about an old Lambo like a Diablo or something similar, I'd take the Lambo in a heart beat.

So, if you love Ferraris, get the 360.

360 modena for the win. We all love GTR's on this forum wich is pretty obvious but any one that would take an r35 over a ferrari 360 is in need of a mental health check in my opinion.

Personally I love the GTR as its very unique where in live Gold Coast, seriously there are so many Ferrari's here they are common, porches are twice as bad they are extremely common here. Too many rich old men retire here I guess.

Anyways the standard Modena's look dated if you ask me, probably because i've seen so many of them over the last few years.

2001_ferrari_360_modena_08_m.jpg

But that one you posted a photo of looks sick because its got a nice bodykit & new big BLACK mags. Looks modern and cool i'd take that over a GTR. Even if you get a standard one you can bodykit it and new mags and your good to go.

Worst part about the GTR is it quiet, super quiet like a mouse, it takes 'some' of the thrill out of the car, (imagine a rollar coaster with ear plugs in, not quite as much fun). You need to spend money on a exhaust to find a good pitch note to make it sound good.

You don't have that worry with a Ferrari engine sitting behind you like in the Modena. I'd probably still take the GTR, just because I need a daily driver car and this is the perfect daily driver you can go anywhere it and its still a supercar to have fun in. I don't really fancy picking up Noodlebox in a Ferrari.

Edited by Sammy-qld

I anticipate you'd be picking up something SIGNIFICANTLY better than a noodlebox, if you owned a Ferrari 360 :) . I'd go the Fezza in a heartbeat.

Ever since I drove a 360 I've had a desire to own one, totally emotionally driven though. Take into consideration the maintenance costs & they don't come up a great investment, but thats not what its all about :)

You will need to own both ..........Buy the one that represents as a better purchase first and then

own/drive it until the other becomes available at a must buy price.......

No such thing as a perfect Car as they are all so different .......so why not own/test as many ..............

PS: Naturally you sell one before you buy the other....

are 360's in the same price range as R35's over in jap?

they are significantly more expensive here? i know of a 360 spider on sale for $250k... much more pricey here i guess...

but yeh 360 over a GTR...

The Stradale is a very different beast to the base model, though, so it really depends on what one you're looking at.

Basically, if you're single, buy the F360, if you're married get the R35 haha

HAHAHA! +1 i like the way you think.