SAU Community

Your First Car - Turbo Or N/a

adznight

Was your first car Turbo or NA  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

first car was my mum's 2 door 1.5L laser KA

which i wrote off on chain of ponds twisties in a head on with a ford festiva

2nd car was my 910 TRX which i still own - first car i bought with my own coin

its had 4 motors:

-l20 stock

-l20 with cam

-l20 suck through turbo (25psi + 12a turbo on hks manifold)

-l20 full rebuild - with su carbs and the works - now with twin webers

-in the shed waiting is a z18 turbo

Magna ts 4 cyl 4 speed auto which uses as much fuel as my current ride

98 Nissan Stagea RS Four

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list,

1. 1974 Datsun 120y (more of a baddock basher than a roadie)

2. 1978 Datsun 120y built into Rally car(still own) (+ about 3 spare cars lol)

3. 1986 VL commodore(+ 1 spare so i could convert mine to manual)

4. 1987 VL commodore Berlina, built engine, cam work etc but still N/A(dunno why i did it lol)

5. 1997 Series 2 R33 GTST (whilst still on my P's)

6. 1999 R34 GTT (my daily now)

7. 2006 BF XR8 (didnt own for long)

8. 1993 S13 Silvia SR20DET the new Rally car.

thats all in the last 6 years from what i can remember.

My car history

1.) 1985 Mercedes Benz 500 SEL W126, 5.0 Litre 260hp V8 :) , however it was just a gift from dad as my parents had other cars, i was 15 so had no license, just skids and top speed runs and drag racing sometimes , i hit 245 km/h , speedo maxed out at 240 and it kept goin then i got scared lool,

2.) after i cme to australia, my first legal car as in i was 18 and had a license

95 Midnight Purple R33 GTR V-Spec

and depending on how things go might be selling the r33 soon and get a R34 GTR V-Spec in a few months or geting another Series 3 R33 GTR to add to the garage :blush:

Cheers

First car, the car i had on my L's was a 1989 nissan pulsar -1.6L of fury, great little car cheap to run and took a flogging. carby FTW.

2nd - 1997 Mitsubishi magna on red P's faster then the pulsar sure but FWD = FAIL

3rd - 1995 R33 GTS-t on the last year of my green P's (weekend warrior , still have it and still love it )

4th - 1992 Toyota Hilux ute - daily, work, camping, paddock basher (faithful as hell though, they are tough little buggers)

I was lucky and missed out on those nice you cant drive turbo super v8s on your P's laws :happy:

they came in the year i bought the skyline and i used to get pulled over and the officers would look confused cause i had a smile on my face when they asked for my license then realised I was eligible to drive turbo.... ;) was fun..

Next will be a GTR33 series 3 in 6months ish :) hopefully.

Edited by sIIgtst

wow... heres abit of a soft spot...

my first car was a 1990 forged and built 260hp S13 (courtesy of the old man - thanks dad :happy:)

that and movies like fast and the furious coming out when i started getting into cars and my licence sorta influenced where i am now.. (oh and a good dose of my old man shovelling Nissan-is-god theory into my head)

heres my list so far

1. 260hp built CA18 Silvia S13

2. 96 U13 bluebird (been in the family since day one, bought it off my old man.)

3. 180sx drift cop

4. rodeo ute

5. R33 GTST

6. 400hp VY II SS ute

7. hilux trayback - CURRENT DAILY/WORKHACK

8. 95 Vspec - CURRENT TOY

not a bad effort in 3 years.. forgive my holden episode.. i thought id sell up the 33 and try big comfy aussie V8 muscle.. FAIL. back to 33 GTR. WIN.

NISSAN IS GOD.. wait am i biased?

4th - 1992 Toyota Hilux ute - daily, work, camping, paddock basher (faithful as hell though, they are tough little buggers)

I was lucky and missed out on those nice you cant drive turbo super v8s on your P's laws :happy:

they came in the year i bought the skyline and i used to get pulled over and the officers would look confused cause i had a smile on my face when they asked for my license then realised I was eligible to drive turbo.... ;) was fun..

Hahaha mate love the hiluxes best daily or work hack ever. Jump them off gutters. flat change ever gear compression lock it coming upto lights.. LOVES IT

and yeah those laws came in the same year i got my licence (officially..) hahaha sucks to be on them now. I have mates who are older than me and still on their L's - he is now doomed to a life of bommodoors and crapollas for the next 7 years.

YEW! :)

1st - (Mum's) 1978 Toyota Corolla - written off.

2nd - 1989 Peugeot 205 GTi - written off.

3rd - 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi - current daily.

4th - 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR- sold.

5th - 1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR - current track/fun car.

6th - 1989 Bentley Eight - written off.

post-19208-1258079330_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1258079364_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1258079403_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1258079422_thumb.jpg

My first car was a S3 R31 skyline auto and toterly stock.

but hy cant go wrong for a cheep RWD 6cyl car as a new driver IMO.

also had

1989 r32 gts25 4dr

2003 camry sportivo (current)

1989 s3 R31 GXE (current project/daily)

ea falcon series 2 'S' pac manual (was written off by next owner)

ford festiva

vx commodore

n15 SSS (missus car now)

180sx (was written off by 2nd owner after me)

TH manga

r33

another TH magna (was crashed by next owner and still getting fixed)

n14 (1.6L auto)

don't have a car at the moment. just use the missus'

A far stretch from the supposed 75% of us who drove a high powered vehicle on their P plates lol. Good thread mate :(

Only problem with that is it used to be legal to drive a turbo on your P plates, as long as it was under the power to weight ratio! But this thread will pretty much tell you that information anyway.

Might as well join the club:

1. 1994 Holden/Opel/Vauxhall Calibra (ongoing rebuild project / reducer of bank balance since writing it off nearly 5 years ago)

2. 1995 Skyline R33 GTS-T Series 1.5 (current daily)

And I've broad minded personted around in so many cars before buying the Skyline that I've lost count of how many / what.

and it is still legal, for some. in victoria, it ll still be legal till 31st of may 2010 (last day you could get the true old p's + 3 years. actually, now to think of it, there ll still be a few after that, all those that lost their licenses that ll push them over may 2010 till they get their fulls.) safe to say, by 2011, 99% of p plater's wont be allowed to.

Edited by Peter89

91' bistamisery lancer. Not fast enough. Hello turbo engine swap. Dad said it was too dangerous so I got a 95' celica. faster than the lancer but handled better. Got the must go faster bug again after 3 years and got 89' R32 GTR.

few r31's, datsun 1600 with a stroked L18(my favorite car, miss it), datsun 1600 with a 230rwkw SR(parted out unfinnished project), stagea, 32 GTST

i wish i never sold the stroked datto! had everything except the 32 in the first year of driving, now i'm off my p's.

Hahaha mate love the hiluxes best daily or work hack ever. Jump them off gutters. flat change ever gear compression lock it coming upto lights.. LOVES IT

and yeah those laws came in the same year i got my licence (officially..) hahaha sucks to be on them now. I have mates who are older than me and still on their L's - he is now doomed to a life of bommodoors and crapollas for the next 7 years.

YEW! :)

LOL at those mates. i have 2 aswell now wishing they got their license as soon as they were eligible... suck to be them :ninja:

and will always have a hilux as a camping/work hack, just prob a 4wd next. no matter what i do to it, it just keeps going and wants more. :ninja: it's a very solid machine

1. 1991: 1983 Toyota Camry Gli Liftback

2. 1993: 1990 VN Commodore V6 manual

3. 1998: 1996 Honda Accord VTi manual + 100HP shot NOS

4. 2000: 1995 Holden (Opel) Calibra AWD Turbo

5. 2002: 1997 Subaru WRX - 400HP

6. 2003: 1995 R33 GTS-T

7. 2006: 2006 Honda Accord

the first car I actually drove by myself was a beat up N12 Pulsar painted 15 different shades of red with a crumbling interior and 400000km on it, was a wicked thrasher, used to do flatshifts, handbrake stops and burnouts in it all the time, the old girl kept going (with a new clutch LOL) until the alternator went and dad decided that spending 300 bucks on a 300 car was too much and sent it to the wreckers when I was away :D

the first car I bought was a 1989 phoenix red VN SS with a rebuilt motor, polished heads and street cam + straight through exhaust, pulled 160rwkw and was a very reliable, reasonably fast car for the next 80000km I owned it for (pretty much drove it until I got my full licence)

second car I've bought is my R32 GTS-4, it gets treated with a lot more respect than the two previous lol, and I'm glad I waited until I was in my 20s before buying an import, it has its annoying quirks like every other car, but so far so good, most of the issues i've had with it are from dodgy mods and natural wear from being 20 years old.

1. U13 Bluebird OZ spec 2.4 5spd (fantastic car, would have shat on the competition back in the day) - written off

3. R31 oz spec 5spd (street legal drift cop) - gone but have others lying around lol

3. R33 (GT30, 18 psi) -gone

4. R32 (4DR, 18 psi, white on black) - for da missus

5. R32 (TD06, 22 psi) - awaiting 30/26

Next: Datto 1200 ute, SR20, and lots of datsport gear + some other type of ute for work. (Roofer)

1ST CAR : 1986 R31 GXE wagon... Stock standard, then decided it needed wheels... then paint...

and then I found drifting...

Converted to RB30E+T, R33 GTS 5-speed, pedders sports ryder suspension with urethane bushes, mini spool diff, custom springs...

150rwkw...

Sold to P-plater from melbourne

Bought (current) 94 R32 GTR...