SAU Community

Sau-vic Show'n'shine - Pics/discussion/results

R31Nismoid

Just made it home...

Great day i think!

Weather - pretty much spot on the money

Cars - excellent and all in show ready order

Location - couldn't be better for this type of show, heaps of public traffic to checkout the machines.

To all you who didn't attend, you missed out ;)

Thanks to all that came along, i will update the first post on winners once votes are collated over the next few days.

Should be some good pics to come out, lots of camera's about.

RESULTS:

Best R32 GTR – Matt Femino

Best R32 GTS-t – Chad Selley

Best R33 GTR – Shane Janssen

Best R33 GTS-t – Alan Calleja

Best R34 GTR – Matthew Tang

Best R34 GT-t – Daniel Chin

Dorifto Class – Allen Paul Ravell

Intruder Class – Leon Stapley

Best overall GTR – Matthew Tang

Best overall GTS-t – Alan Calleja

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed a great location - shame more people couldn't have got there for the official time slot, i would imagine there were a lot that turned up but couldn't park

thanks Ash and team for the organising. Great location, and next year sounds tops. hopefully the council can be a bit more lenient on entry/exit times

great to catch up with some people, and meet some new ones :D

Another great day out with the SAU crew. Awesome location, could have done with a few more cars to fill it out. If it was a bit sunnier we might have got more cars and onlookers, but unfortunetly we cant choose the weather.....

Pics here... http://img22.imageshack.us/g/p1020561n.jpg/

p1020532.th.jpg p1020551vi.th.jpg p1020537.th.jpg

That's a awesome location!!

Well done to SAU VIC, all committee and members that attended. Sorry i wasn't there...i was installing Air Con at another members house... :D

went there this morning..was good show.anyone knows who ownes the white r34gtr?..

a friend of mine saw it at the show hes intrested if its for sale :D

naythan.

post-27468-1258794596_thumb.jpg

Edited by sun33

went there this morning..was good show.anyone knows who ownes the white r34gtr?..

a friend of mine saw it at the show hes intrested if its for sale :D

naythan.

dont think so... he only just got that car a little bit before last years show... but money talks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Blitz ER34 at some point hopefully, should be allowed in Gr3 if they do.
    • Stock R33 boost control, with the exhaust, and FMIC done, will boost creep. There is no tuning around it if it is the factory boost solenoid.   If it has an aftermarket electronic boost controller, the settings/mapping can be altered in it.   Oil could be anything as mentioned, however did it ever do it before you did the turbo swap? How much and how often did you drive the car before the swap?   I'm hinging on too much oil supply, or it's not draining properly.   To check, pull the air outlet off the turbo. Is it full of oil? Drop the exhaust at the turbo, does it appears to be oiled/coked? Now pull turbo and check the exhaust manifold, does it appears oiled and coked the same way?   Secondly, the PCV could even be stuffed / not functioning properly and will cause blowing of blue smoke.
    • Almost any ECU would work, from a 30 yr old PowerFC to a new Motec/Autronic. But presumably you want new middle of the road ECU, meaning that you want a Haltech or a Link, most likely. As to which model though? I dunno. I don't keep track of what they have in their current ranges. You don't want a plug in though, because plug ins can start to cause you the same wiring issues that you have to chase up with your stock ECU/loom swaps when an engine transplant is involved. If you use a Haltech (and presumably a Link) you could put the base map for the engine in and drive it around and not even need to "tune" it. It will work just fine. I can't recommend a tuner without a location (and even then I can't recommend many, being as I never use any tuners except myself and my brother-in-law). And not many tuners are happy to remote tune. Maybe they'd be happier doing it for a basically stock setup that just needs to be demonstrated to be working properly. But even then, not being able to be with the car to see what the hell is going on and sort out the inevitable problems that will result from an engine conversion done by an amateur..... unlikely to be enthusiastic about the job. And if you think that just adding 2 wires for the boost sensor is difficult - you don't want to be trying to install and set up an aftermarket ECU. You're going to have to bite down hard on something with either approach.
    • wired everything up and confirmed that the red with white stripe is indeed the fuel pump pin on this harness.