SAU Community

240v Car Hoist

JiN_MaN

I've been thinking about this for a while. Who has ever wanted there own car hoist in the garage, make life so much easier.

This is the seller: Others available, check 2nd post

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-Post-Car-Hoist-Li...=item3efa78bca8

Details are as follows:

Located in Adelaide but shipping avaliable2 Post Car Hoist / Lift (240v Single Phase, 3800Kgs Lifting Capacity)

*240 vlot single phase power operate and 3800kgs lifting capacity 2-post car hoist / lift, dual cylinders with low friction chain rollers driving system with hydraulic ram, double safety locks chain lifting system, low profile automatic arm restraints, powder coated paint finish, swing away arms, anchor bolts, hydraulic oil hoses, instruction manual, and accesorries etc Included, comply with CE standard and ISO9001:2000 quality system unit (license number: CNAB024Q). importance: for safty operating, we always recommend you should ask a professional car hoist/lift installing person or company to install the machine for you.

*Lifting Capacity: 3800kgs (3.8 Ton)

*Overall Height: 2806mm

*Overall width: 3425mm

*Between Column: 2815mm

*Maximum Lift Height: 1800mm

*Minimum Height: 95mm

*Motor: 2200w(3HP)/2800rpm/240v/50hz/single phase

*Output pressure: 3000psi

*Oil reseroir: 10 litre

*Lifting Time: 50 Seconds

*Lowering Time: 35 Seconds

*Packing size: 290x54x93cm

*Shipping Weight: 650kgs

I thought maybe if a few people are interested I could approach them with and see what kind of price they could do. They offer interstate postage, but unsure at what cost.

So if people are interested please express it here, Please only express interest if you are serious.

Edited by JiN_MaN

My 32GTR is sitting on the YSJ3000 hoist in my shed at the moment

(the second link)

Not a bad bit of gear but not great either

There is a mob in Adelaide who actually make hoists and may be a better option

Pretty sure the others are all china made the YSJ3000 is fer sure

The slab thickness you bolt the hoist to is an issue as well

pretty sure they recommend a like 5 or 6 inch slab, most sheds are only 4 or so

2 pillar picks up from the 4 arms that you place under the car.

4 pillar, you drive onto and is lifted by the wheels. It then has a smaller jack in the middle that can be used to lift from the front cross member or the diff. I think most of the cheaper ones you can only jack front or rear at once. 4 pillar is more stable

Personally Id prefer the 2 pillar as it more of the way and easier to access most of the area under the vehicle.

Sorry cant remember the mob in adelaide that make these will try n look later

figure they may be a bit better for getting spares etc

Installed and wired mine myself didnt use the supplied bolts used 20mm chemsets

these are expensive to buy I didnt have to but since my slab wasnt the required thickness

I went for the overkill method, I spoke to a bloke there who claimed to have had patrols etc. up on his with a standard 4 inch slab without problems

they also sell an outrigger setup which I am using and would advise if installing on a standard slab

will take some pics in the morning of these

for the money they are a good thing I reckon

the so called instructions are useless chinenglish their installer even confirmed this I spoke to him several times and was really helpfull

and even answered his phone on weekends etc

so I would not say lack of support is an issue at all

biggest down point I have found so far is it doesnt seem possible to remove the rams to rebuild em

without alot of hassle may be worth questioning any u look at buying about this

as in the long run it will be a much better thing

in a home workshop situation I can not imagine this being a major hassle and maybe a large factor in their design

All in all I am pretty happy with mine and having your own hoist in your backyard shed makes the expense of buying a house worthwhile in my humble opinion