SAU Community

Spotted!!

Shell

May or may not have spotted me doing a naughty thing in the name of resolving my boost issues. Let's just say I confirmed that the ceramic honeycomb was at fault, and I'm never doing that again. I put f**king Harley motorcycles to shame.

you have no idea how much I wish there were no noise restrictions/cat converters after that. Amazing.

Although having said that, I can't see how a visibly mint condition ceramic cat can suddenly pose SUCH a restriction! It looked exactly the same inside as when it was last off the car (when I didn't have these issues) so I don't get it. I even bashed the shit out of it with a spanner and nothing looked crumbled behind it...

oh well, time to replace it with a nice metal cat and hope that it was the cause, and not anything stuck in my catback/muffler causing the issue >_<

you have no idea how much I wish there were no noise restrictions/cat converters after that. Amazing.

Although having said that, I can't see how a visibly mint condition ceramic cat can suddenly pose SUCH a restriction! It looked exactly the same inside as when it was last off the car (when I didn't have these issues) so I don't get it. I even bashed the shit out of it with a spanner and nothing looked crumbled behind it...

oh well, time to replace it with a nice metal cat and hope that it was the cause, and not anything stuck in my catback/muffler causing the issue >_<

there is always the option of a hollowed out VL ( i know a swear word) CAT... i've heard of that being done a bit.. looks the goods and the only way they can check it is to pull the thing off... nice free flow then..... lol

i can only imagine the noise it would have made as well.. i remember taking my old datto down hindmarsh to the exhaust shop with the exhaust chopped at the extractors..... and that was loud..... i was just waiting to get done..

It's not very hard to tell when a car is running a hollowed out cat, the smell for one is a dead giveaway.

I did it briefly when I had my Metalcat on order and the horrible tune on it didn't help but the GTR was also shooting flames like a motherf**ker. That bit was actually kinda cool LOL.

bahahaha, well yeah Kat, depends on WHEN it can come back though. I'd like to get this sorted ASAP >_< How would it need to come back from Sydney, and how much you want for it? Also, size?

Yeah Dale, the sounds was absolutely amazing....exactly this this, but without the cyclic idle and GT35R whistle.

I would use a hollowed out cat, but ONLY until I got my hands on a proper one. I might just bash the shit out of mine temporarily, but Kat's right, you can surely smell the difference. Even though mine was missing the rest of the exhaust system too which would make a small difference, holy shit did it stink!

Spotted a silver 33 4 door on the tuggers parkway between the cotter and lady denman drive exits heading north at 9:45? Pulling along side you doesn't mean that I want to race, it means I'm checking out your car.

Wow... this is the only post spotting a car in atleast the last 10 posts

Twice spotted a maroon 33 with what I can only describe as a "widened" GT-R style wing in Monash yesterday arvo while I was working on my car, both times gave a wave and got one back :D

*waves* :laugh:

Spotted a Ferrari and then a Lambo both near Woden on the way to work this arvo

Also a late spotted - a white Stagea on Hindmarsh Drive last week, had Rush Hour cruise sticker on it