SAU Community

High Speed Shaking

Kurtis808

hey again,

i drive a '97 r33 gts-t...and had it for about a year now, im always going up against my mate in his 300 zx but every time my car hits about 140 is starts shaking and the faster i go the more it shakes...so i shit myself and back off...is this something to do with the hicas?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey again,

i drive a '97 r33 gts-t...and had it for about a year now, im always going up against my mate in his 300 zx but every time my car hits about 140 is starts shaking and the faster i go the more it shakes...so i shit myself and back off...is this something to do with the hicas?

where do you race?

could be a number of things wrong with your car - and at that speed perhaps you are lucky you havent crashed dude

perhaps i am...but i didnt come for a lecture...and we just f**k around from drysdale to geelong, just on a highway, if there no cars anyways...but yeah, just was wondering if it might be common thing with the 33's or not

no - im not going to give a lecture dude - no amount of lectures/advice will change a person's mind about something if they choose not to listen.

When I took my car to sandown - it was fine on the straights and corners - and mine is pretty much stock. perhaps get your car checked out by a mechanic. perhaps the other guys on here may know more....

+1 for balancing .....

a large jolt combine with high speeds or touching a curb... something could have knocked out the weights on your wheels... its not expensive...Just take it to one of the common Tyre/brake places....

Bob Jane

Tyre Factory

Etc....

school holidays are fun to try to kill yourself ;) you and your mate should see if you can hold hands out the windows of your cars while you fly down the highway with no one around...

And I don't care if you didn't come on for a lecture! you can't unread what I wrote!! :blink:

9 times out of 10 it's a wheel balance issue. cheap as chips to get fixed. also check your tyre pressures

If you're running a super soft tyre (eg. r-rated semi slick) these can 'square' off if the cars left sitting for a couple of weeks without use. happens to mine but fixes itself with a run up and down the freeway.

perhaps i am...but i didnt come for a lecture...and we just f**k around from drysdale to geelong, just on a highway, if there no cars anyways...but yeah, just was wondering if it might be common thing with the 33's or not

and we wonder why people with imports get hasselled by the cops when their "not doing anything"...

You post something like that and say that you don't want a lecture? Well we don't want a speed hero. If not for your mother/father who aren't expecting a visit from the police with their hats in their arms, then have some consideration for the trauma cleanup crew who might one day have to scrape your carcasses off the road so the rest of us don't have to see your seemingly non-existent brains 50 metres away from the head they're supposed to be in.

Given that behaviour and your inability to diagnose something like a wheel balance problem, you're something of a ticking time bomb in that car.

Why are the rest of you helping him out? This wheel shaking is the only thing stopping him from going faster.

well.... i did suggest he also hang outside his car at that speed...

the only reason I helped was that if the car is shaking violently at those speeds he could lose control and hit a tree, so best to help him, but I spose your right, once that is fixed he will just go faster....

I think the fix to your problem has already been mentioned, but another suggestion is that you put your name on the organ donor registry that way something good will come from your death, spare parts from you and your car.

...is this something to do with the hicas?
No, more to do with the nut holding the wheel! Oh, forgot, you let go of the wheel, didn't you? bozo!

get the bloody car checked out for out of balance wheels & worn suspension components. And just stay away from the Werribee area!

alright, this is f**ked up...wat ive said ive worded wrong...i dont drag on the street, but i have once on that highway...i only cruise, i dont speed in it, i never to burnouts or anything like that, my cars basicly stock other then exhuast and bov, i treat my my car well and i also hate getting picked on by cops for other people hooning, im not a hoon.

choose to beilive me or not, dosent realy bother me...but yeah, just letting you know im not out there beeing a dick.

alright, this is f**ked up...wat ive said ive worded wrong...i dont drag on the street, but i have once on that highway...i only cruise, i dont speed in it, i never to burnouts or anything like that, my cars basicly stock other then exhuast and bov, i treat my my car well and i also hate getting picked on by cops for other people hooning, im not a hoon.

choose to beilive me or not, dosent realy bother me...but yeah, just letting you know im not out there beeing a dick.

End of the day: You want to speed and be an idiot, maybe kill yourself - That's fine - 1 less idiot on the roads.... however think about what would happen if you run into someone else - he, she, they (could be a family) - would be killed from your (and your mate's)stupidity.

The excuse of having "nobody" around is when accidents DO HAPPEN... IF you do come out of the accident alive I really hope this thread will haunt you forever.

Save it for the track.

I bet after you have read what I just typed you will be fuming, possibly try to "back peddal"/justify your actions....

No one here will tolerate such stupidity on the roads.

iseekool, i just said i dont hoon around...

and priestley, how does me saying i race my mate mean street racing?

anyway, ive found this site not to helpfule towards me and the one time i do get some more then 1 opinion they pick the bad part out and yell...haha, catchyas later