SAU Community

Any Know Of An Ok Cheap Secuirty System Formy Skyline ?

skyline_baby

just wanting to know what a good cheap security system would be and how much ...?

depends on what you want

they can range anywhere from $100 (not including installation), You can give mongoose a call (not sure on how much they charge for their alarms), or JB hifi, wow sight sound, autobarn, supercheap.

you want one that atleast conforms to insurance standards, so i'd be speaking to your insurance company to see what they require to be covered, then go to the shops and tell them what your insurance company require.

i got a 2nd hand mongoose m800 if y'all want it... its all there, ive painstakingly followed each wire to its connection and removed it, damn pain in the rear end to remove, buggered if i know how to wire it up again.... but its all there, worked great, immobilised, worked with the central locking, made a beep beep noise, flashed the indicators, made a noise if battery going flat..

pm me if anyone wants it, going cheap.

dont bother with a "cheap" security system... either spend the money or dont put anything on it... because if someone really wanted to steal your skyline they will... thats my advise

i got a 2nd hand mongoose m800 if y'all want it... its all there, ive painstakingly followed each wire to its connection and removed it, damn pain in the rear end to remove, buggered if i know how to wire it up again.... but its all there, worked great, immobilised, worked with the central locking, made a beep beep noise, flashed the indicators, made a noise if battery going flat..

pm me if anyone wants it, going cheap.

Is it multi colored wiring?

location please. budget?

To be honest i only want to spend $100-$150 fitted, lees if i can get away with it, just needs to be a general deterent, comply with insurance requirements and make the central locking on my 91 fairlane daily remote.

i have a Quick release boss kit for my steering wheel (almost definately illegal), id like to see someone steal my car in a hurry, freakin near on impossible, unless they bring 1 with them,,,

when I lived in LA my G/F bro had a steering wheel that came off, we came out to see some crips pushing the lowrider down the street with vicegrips for the steering wheel... so dont think that will stop anyone for more then 5 seconds.

buy a big dog to ride shotgun..lol

really you need to budget a bit for security , if not how can you expect to afford to drive one at all ??? I know budgets are tight but do it right or pay for it twice ?? or worse it gets nicked without insurance due to a lack of a few hundred dollar alarm on it. common sense really ???

raise that budget to about $300-$350 and you will actually get something worth having on your car and installed properly. for $100-$150 I wouldn't bother. may as well put that money on number 3 in race number 7 at caufield..... at least if you win then you can afford an alarm.

seriously, $100 is like 1 weeks worth of fuel. catch the bus/train/lifts for 2 weeks or so then you have your alarm money. :P

Is it multi colored wiring?

its got coloured wiring for about 2 inches into a plug, then its all black baby!

and its in your price range!

2 remotes... all components, hell, ive even got the box!

just wanting to know what a good cheap security system would be and how much ...?

there's not really such a thing. you will find that 90% of the shops you vist won't really give a rats when they sell you the thing and the installers won't either.

when doing an alarm it is the install that is the most important bit.

• 2 months later...