SAU Community

Motorkhana Training?

HotPlates

I was speaking to a guy that I was buying some parts off through ebay and he mentioned he was a Motorkhana champion some years ago in QLD. He then said it's some of the best training a driver can do.

So this got me thinking, is there anywhere they teach you to fang your car or is it a case of just going to one and giving it a go?

^+1 :) But remember that any SAU DECA is a 4 stage event....

Stage 1 The driving on a super fun skidpan and Long/Short Wang

Stage 2 Dodging the surnburn regardless of the time of year!

Stage 3 (Super Special Stage) Big margaritas @ Taco Bills

Stage 4 Ride a Fibreglass Cow!

It's a select few that master all of these stages....

Do you think you can handle that much fun? ;)

DECA is good

Also check out Driver dynamics they got Skidpan Training and Advanced Vehicle Dynamics courses and Advanced Car Control Course

i havent done any of these courses but done track day with these guys and they are very helpfull. well worth the money.

Motorkhana's as SAU know it, are fairly loose to the term. DECA is what SAU associates with Motorkhanas. Big open skid pans with tyres frying, Brisby, smashing cones, Brisby, gate, Brisby, limiter, Brisby, drunken behaviour, Brisby.... get the idea?? :O

CAMS stlye Motorkhana's are limited to size of course, obstacles (including size) and car specs. There are different requirments for each class. Classes are determined by wheel base and whether the car is fwd, rdw or awd.

Check this link out for some idea of what a CAMS motorkhana is.

Edited by SABBAi