SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

Your going to be her little B**** for years too come, and from the work she has done...it will be worth it. I have every photo you have posted saved, in its own folder simply named 'Awesome'.

Props to you for letting this happen but she is a goddess or being able to do it in the first place.

Very impressed. It's the kind of stuff I used to do in High School, whole pages of patterns and shapes, wouldn't do it to a street car, but a track car? for sure. Love it, appeals to my pacific upbringing too.

I really like this!

Im amazed at the detail and how perfect the shapes are...Allison really is talented.

Not quite sure how she has the patience to do it though!

Was it kinda like fun at the beginning and then became a pain in the arse to finish what you started? Or she enjoys it that much that its still fun?

I really like this!

Im amazed at the detail and how perfect the shapes are...Allison really is talented.

Not quite sure how she has the patience to do it though!

Was it kinda like fun at the beginning and then became a pain in the arse to finish what you started? Or she enjoys it that much that its still fun?

it's exactly like that haha. I think I almost get my ass kicked every time I mention the car these days. but when we roll around the block and she sees people breaking their neck to get a look it kind of rejuvenates her I guess.

I find it fascinating (maybe just because I'm not creative at all) that she manages to make it work out to the edge of every panel perfectly, like it was pre designed...but from what I can see it looks like she just starts drawing in a corner and finishes in another corner/edge...That's amazing.

^I have no idea either, I just leave her be and see what happens just like everyone else. haha

hood is done with 'Lost Birds Racing' logo, and there are some birds on the hood. see if you can spot them, rear bumper is next!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

dodo like thing on the passenger side? and i see a small set of what looks like wings above and to the left of the logo. i dont know. i've been staring at the pics for the past 15 min and it all looks like bits of birds to me.

amazed and stumped, and finally get why you called the car "lost birds"

^haha, that's pretty funny!

well, it's starting to get there! Lost internet up here in death city, Japan for the last couple of days, so I was unable to update pics, and could only look at the internet on an iphone. anyway, here's the progress up to today.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0028-2.jpg

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

And Allison says hello Japanese style with crooked feet and a peace sign.

DSC_0042-1.jpg

Also did a baseline performance run just to see where the car sits right now. this is with 2 people in the car, and as you can see I let off the gas at 1000 feet and even hit the brakes (blue line goes negative) but still did a 13.3 400m run. this was also done on 245/45/17 snow tires, whereas race day will be 275 Nitto NT01s :-)

f2e897f2a3fe80fbcf85e9ff003e06c7.jpg

Edited by istdercollen