SAU Community

New! Rb Nissan Special Garrett Gt3076r Ball Bearing Turbo

Harey

Hi All,

Just came across this turbo, it is a GT3076R turbo but made to bolt up directly to the skyline manifold and dump pipe. Only modification is to the water lines.

They also do it for GT28RS, GT2871 or GT3071.

Bottom of Page 2:

http://horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category12_2.htm

Seems very interesting although I spoke to Michael from GCG and his response was:

"We used to do these bolt-on turbochargers, however, we ran into heavy boost spike issues, as the factory 6 bolt Nissan housing is just too restrictive and small on the back of a GT3076R. This was the case, whether it be machining the original housing, or using atermarket cast housings"

Just wondering if anyone has used one or if anyone has any more information around them?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats my preferred option too, its just its $2k compared to $3k for the real one (complete kit) plus you need a new dump pipe etc.

Edited by Harey

Garrett dual ball bearing GT3076 internal wastegate:

Garrett cartridge CHRA 700177-5015

Highly ported Nissan 45V4 front housing

AVO .73 rear housing 6-bolt skyline style

bolt on, $2300 with lines from Adelaide Turbo Services

garrett chra pricing: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...am_May_2007.pdf

avo rear housing : http://www.avoturboworld.com/pdf/gts_exhaust_housing.pdf

post-18854-1265765204_thumb.jpg

no boost spike

was using a hks 14pound actuator but upgraded just now to a garrett 18psi turbo actuator

boosts quicker and holds nicely at 1.25bar, no spike

feels very powerful, will redyno test soon

A 0.73 rear is too small IMO. OK for making sub 250, but you will have issues over this.

Anyway, much better off with an external gate if you want to make good clean power. An internal will do it, but you have to fight against it all the way, it is never easy. Just read all the threads on internal gate problems aka boost probs.

Bite the bullet and get a real Garrett 3076 WG, around $2K plus water/oil and dump pipes.

I also just found this earlier this morning.

I've been reading this http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ch....html&st=20

and I'm put off the idea a bit by Mafia, but I'd like to see what somebody thinks of these new sizes.

Is it just a better idea to buy the 3076 they have here http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod641.htm and then get the extra parts from somewhere else?

The more I read on this the more questions I seem to be asking...

A 0.73 rear is too small IMO. OK for making sub 250, but you will have issues over this.

Anyway, much better off with an external gate if you want to make good clean power. An internal will do it, but you have to fight against it all the way, it is never easy. Just read all the threads on internal gate problems aka boost probs.

Bite the bullet and get a real Garrett 3076 WG, around $2K plus water/oil and dump pipes.

agree 100% on internal vs external, re: good clean power

external seems to be the way to go if you want good clean power and no issues

check out roy's rb20 td06 setup, with his proper external setup (manifold, gate, dump) his setup is bulletproof and makes tons of power, even on the rb20

that turbo wont physically bolt up to a skyline manifold. needs to be T3 not T25.

Oh ok, there's a T3 they've got there too, thanks for that.

But in general, is it going to be better to just buy something like this http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod18.htm and then find the parts other people are recommending?

Appologies if these are particularly stupid questions, I'm very new to selecting indivual parts for turbos.

Cheers,

Tim

0.73 rear doesnt sound that small. Guys are making good power with the 0.63 housing. Yes the optimal is a 0.82 housing, but 0.73 isnt far off that!

Standard R34 OP6 housing is what 0.5 something. Guys are making 250rwkw with a smaller trim hiflow wheel.

Edited by Harey

gt3076r turbo itself is around $1800 mark? then around $500 - 600 to fit with new dump oil/water lines intake pipe and cooler pipe

pretty basic , 3k is way 2 much for a complete bolt on kit.