SAU Community

R33 GTS25 $10,090 not registered....worth it?

and why not registered?

I dotn wanna see someone buys it then have to wreck it cuz its not registerble under new SEV LAW :(

Yeah, what he said. If it don't have a compliance plate it will cost you about 5 grand to get it complianced before it can be registered. And that is IF it can be done.

Check this angle out before parting with any cash. It could cost you a lot more in the long run.

cecam .......i thort that they were 4 speed auto's with the 4th locking the convertor.........no auto i know of is actually overdrive...they just use a slightly lower ratio in the diff to give that impression.......but if i am wrong then i am wrong.......good to learn summin new every now and then

Even if it is complied then it will cost you a thousand to put it on road (registration plates etc)

Be very suspicous of the guy selling it as it is considerably cheaper than current market value.

Try and get him to complete an RSCV report or equivelent. It's still alot of money and if it isn't complied then forget about it

v8skylinemanmelb ,

only consider it if it has a compliance plate look elsewhere if it doesnt . if its its in good nick the price sounds good but i would prefer to pay a little more and get a turbo but thats personal opinion .

by the way these days just about all autos are overdrive ( top gear that is) , just like all manuals are as well .

YEA, just a bit on the cheap side!!! get it cheked up>> do your research and if your happy go 4 it!! cause the r33z ive been keeping tabz on r going for alot more then that, but there turbo and low k'z etc any way GOOD LUK let us know what happens!!!!!

cecam .......i thort that they were 4 speed auto's with the 4th locking the convertor.........no auto i know of is actually overdrive...they just use a slightly lower ratio in the diff to give that impression.......but if i am wrong then i am wrong.......good to learn summin new every now and then

Yep, your wrong, 4th is an overdrive, they achive this by driving the pinion carrier.

locking the converter gets rid of the 10% slip that occurs in a TC, so it may seem like another gear.