SAU Community

Gt3076r + Manifold

l0WRB

hey guys

will be recieving my gt3076r .6 front .82 exh next week

what im wondering is should i go and highmount it with just a cheap ebay manifold or keep it low mounted?

am i going to gain anything besides look/exh note.

who has had exp with these and what should i look out for?

or should i just keep stock manifold and throw my ext gate off the .82 turbine?

i wanna hit 300kw with this turbo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wont the stock manifold fall over top end around the 300kw mark?

with that 3582 it felt ok top end but thats alot bigger turbo? i really dont know, id love a etm manifold.. maybe thats what i should save for?

also im going to have to cut into exh housing to run ext gate.

Edited by l0WRB

hey guys

will be recieving my gt3076r .6 front .82 exh next week

what im wondering is should i go and highmount it with just a cheap ebay manifold or keep it low mounted?

am i going to gain anything besides look/exh note.

who has had exp with these and what should i look out for?

or should i just keep stock manifold and throw my ext gate off the .82 turbine?

i wanna hit 300kw with this turbo

No offense intended but it just seems strange that you would just get rid of your old setup which had a fair bit of cash behind it and then purchase an expensive replacement turbo but not want to spend some cash on a good manifold.

What do you want from this setup really. Obviously you dont want to just hit 300rwkw peak power cause you had that with your old setup. You can hit 300rwkw with a GT3076 on a stock manifold but surely you would want the best possible setup. Especially with a 0.82 rear.

Correction Harey, he wants 300rwkw like his old setup yet without the lag.

Hav u considered having a manifold made yet Justin? if you were in sydney I could recommend someone who would probably charge less than the average expensive manifold with quality IMO far superior. If you can find someone up there in banana town who you think is that good I say get that done.. as fancy as you want it and gate where u want it also..

The 3582 spec high flow just turned out to be mega laggy with the KKR housing for some reasons. I managed better response with more power using a generic .82 turbine housing with the same CHRA. So I traded it off with a GT3076 56T .82 with cash adjustments. This will make 300rwkws with far better response.

Manifold wise if you are on external gate stock manifold is ok for 300rwkws. With Ebay manifold you have to machine both flanges flat before installation and make sure there aren't any hanging welds stuck on the inside of the manifold. Apart from that they ok to use. Also check your external gate make sure its sealing probably.

well after talking to a few ppl about these manifolds and the drama's they cause, im going to keep the factory rb25 manifold for now, until later in the year when i can afford a ETM manifold which would be perfect :D

ill just run the 50mm gate off the .82 turbine, hopefully that will hold 21psi perfect for the dyno and achieve me 300kw

harey i might have cracked the 300kw at wheels but my power delivery was horrible, not to mention the boost drop between gears and the lagg. like stao said it could have been the kkr housing, but i was so over trying dif combo's i wanted to bolt on a proven turbo and be done with it.

id love 300kw full noise and torquey mid range at 4000-4300rpm

its booked in on 5th march 2 be finished tuned and complete

well after talking to a few ppl about these manifolds and the drama's they cause, im going to keep the factory rb25 manifold for now, until later in the year when i can afford a ETM manifold which would be perfect :D

ill just run the 50mm gate off the .82 turbine, hopefully that will hold 21psi perfect for the dyno and achieve me 300kw

harey i might have cracked the 300kw at wheels but my power delivery was horrible, not to mention the boost drop between gears and the lagg. like stao said it could have been the kkr housing, but i was so over trying dif combo's i wanted to bolt on a proven turbo and be done with it.

id love 300kw full noise and torquey mid range at 4000-4300rpm

its booked in on 5th march 2 be finished tuned and complete

didnt you have a high mount manifold for the GT35?

There is not that much lag with a 3076. I had a std hiflow before that and it was stronger down low, too quick for wet or greasy days. like driving around on ice.

The 3076 is much more progrossive at the lower street leagl speeds - but it goes hard above say 3,500-4000 rpm and gives you the power where you want it for overtaking or such.

I love mine, it made my car so much nicer to drive round town, but gets wicked when you stick it to it.

Im hoping so. Just hope the stock exh manifold isnt going to hold me back 2 much. aslong as it packs a punch mid range and pulls clean to 7500rpm ill be a happy person!

All the positive comments about the 3076 matched to RB25 are right. It will give you progressive response, 400rwhp, and top end breathing so it produces power to 7500ish on stock cams.

Rather than play with the housing, you should consider fabricating a pipe into either the manifold or the spacer plate. Frome memory Simon R-32 has some knowledge of that method.

yes i really dont want to hack up .82 turbine to fit the gate, i mite look at some other options... i would use the spacer adapter+wg flange, but mines 50mm vband, thats suited for 2bolt flange like a tial gate? hmmmm

those bolt on spacers with adaptor are too long anyway, you will need to get an exhaust shop to make one that angles the turbo which you can then get them to add on your 50mm attachment :)

altho i cant take credit for the info, i wont say who told me for his sake :ermm:

I dont know how im going to go about it now. my tuner really wants to put wastegate off turbine housing, but id prefer some other way. but im limited with stock manifold. have ppl had good success with running external gate straight off the manifold collector on top?