SAU Community

Oil Catch Can Diy Installation

TR33GT-001

^ factory breather joined, factory PCV still connected.

With the above setup, the catch can will only "catch/breathe" when there's positive pressure in the plenum. On VAC/idle/off boost the plenum will pull nearly all of oil vapours.

Yep! Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SAU Members.

The attached PDF file is a brief DIY guide to the installation of an D1 Spec Oil Catch Can, as sold by Just Jap.

Hope it helps.

Hey mate! I followed your install on my S2 r33 GTST and I've had the catch can on there about 2 weeks now and what I don't understand is why my catch can is still empty?? Like literally nothing not one spec of oil? And I give it the berries every time I take it out

This worries me haha

• 5 years later...

Hey All,

Know this is an old thread but thought i would add my own experiences to this as I am in the process of installing mine and found some products that may make this simpler. I've gone with a catch can with two inputs, one outlet. The inputs for the catch can are already AN-10 so no adapters needed and the output on the can is AN-12 so just need a simple AN-12 to AN-10 reducer.

I am in the process of purchasing the following:

1x Raceworks Catch Can - 3 Litre BLACK ALY-063BK

3 Metres x Raceworks - 400 Series Push Lok Rubber Hose - AN-10

3 x Raceworks - 400 Series Push Lok Hose Ends 90 Degree AN-10 (2 for the rocker covers, one for the top of the catch can)

2 x Raceworks - 400 Series Push Lok Hose Ends - Straight AN-10 (for the catch can)

2 x Raceworks Male Flare Union AN-10  - RWF-815-10BK (for the inlet ports of the catch can)

1 x Raceworks AN-12 to AN-10 reducer (tbc if male to male (rwf-815-12-10bk) or female to male (rwf-950-12-10bk)) (for the outlet port of the catch can)

1 x Franklin Engineering 10AN Rocker Cover Fittings for RB25 (2 in the pack with an installer)

Aim is to remove the two existing Rocker Cover barbs using some pliers (you tube has a guide on this) replace them with the new AN-10 adapters from Franklin engineering.

Will then add the two Raceworks 90 degree Push Lok fittings to the rocker cover and then connect those to the two inlet ports on the catch can. Will then run the 90 degree push lok fitting on the outlet port and run that to the stock fitting on the PCV.

Will post my experiences and pictures once complete

Toby

Edited by Tobz
Clarify
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 1:29 PM, Tobz said:

1 x Raceworks AN-12 to AN-10 reducer (tbc if male to male (rwf-815-12-10bk) or female to male (rwf-950-12-10bk)) (for the outlet port of the catch can)

Can confirm the top of the can is a male AN-12 fitting so ordered the rwf-950-12-10bk

Parts should all arrive in the next week or two so hopefully can then comment on the install process soon!

So parts have arrived. Turns out the top is an AN10 already so no need for any adaptors for the top

Here is a picture of the can with the top 90 degree connector at the top, front male to male connectors and the straight hose fittings.

On the side of the push in fittings for the engine and the 90 degree fittings for that. Also came with a little 3d printed cover to help knock the push fittings in

20190905_201448.jpg

20190905_201500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 9:01 PM, Tobz said:

Can confirm the top of the can is a male AN-12 fitting so ordered the rwf-950-12-10bk

Parts should all arrive in the next week or two so hopefully can then comment on the install process soon!

Any update?

On 19/09/2019 at 9:40 AM, Smitty2u said:

Any update?

Yep! I think I went to big with the catch can and can't find anywhere to mount it. Trying to decide whether to get a smaller can or relocate the battery.... But the concept is sound and all the parts fit, so if you went with the 1l can it wouldn't be an issue

On 9/21/2019 at 5:58 PM, Tobz said:

Yep! I think I went to big with the catch can and can't find anywhere to mount it. Trying to decide whether to get a smaller can or relocate the battery.... But the concept is sound and all the parts fit, so if you went with the 1l can it wouldn't be an issue

Its a serious looking unit - keep it and relocate the battery to the boot...

• Like 1