SAU Community

Twin-cam 30 Is Driving Me Mental.

Is that a Ebay GT35R you are using? wort sort of spec is on the turbo? have photos of both wheels and dyno reading?

Lol no, its a real one :)

It was rebuilt by Grant at Per4manz here in Perth. Not sure, but I remember everyone saying how it has to be either 6 or 7 blades (one being inferior) and mine was the correct number of blades (just cant remember what that was). 0.82r and 0.7a/r.

Will try and get a copy of the dyno sheet ASAP for everyone to check out. Needless to say, I am shattered with its current state lol.

on that boost with a 35R in a manual you would expect to be making around just over 400rwhp and a standard auto approx 360ish

I'm assuming you were on ALLbroad minded personS hubber which usually reads about 5-7% high so 352 = approx 330rwhp on roller

so 30hp down on a rough guess is that the stall is sucking your pooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwerrrrrrrrrrrr

on that boost with a 35R in a manual you would expect to be making around just over 400rwhp and a standard auto approx 360ish

I'm assuming you were on ALLbroad minded personS hubber which usually reads about 5-7% high so 352 = approx 330rwhp on roller

so 30hp down on a rough guess is that the stall is sucking your pooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwerrrrrrrrrrrr

Lol I see what you did there :) Yeah you are right about where it was.

I'll see what happens. Annoying thing is, this exact set-up with the GT3082R on it saw 380rwhp @ 18psi on ovaboost dyno.

i'd be getting a degree wheel and dail in the cams as per the cam specs, i have read about alot of rb30 twin cam setups down on power and this always seems to be the outcome. My 26/30 is also similiar with low power for boost im running and this is the next thing im going to do after speaking to a few people in the know, i havent degreed mine up yet but its definately not going to be spot on unless you have done it when the engine was assembled?

Edited by unique1

To get the accuracy with a degree wheel, you need solid lifters. This is a RB25 head he's got, no mention of a conversion kit.

I still think baby steps first and make sure the EMS is able to run the VVT the way it was designed to do. You'd need to follow a logical sequence of events while sorting things out.

Did you ever try running it with VCT unplugged? As stated above it should lose midrange and gain up top...

Also I know its not much of a help now but running a 25 loom and ECU/PowerFC wouldve eliminated alot of bullshit that you cant be sure of at the moment, but each to their own.

I havent had alot of experience with 3.0s but GT35s on 25s love boost. So does any big turbo. Each psi from 20 upwards gives you like 30kW each step up. Well not that much but you get the point. They also like lots of timing. ie much more than 16 under full boost.