SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

Opinions on a 6466 w/ .84 TS on a built 2.6 with 272/272 10.2mm lift cams?

I have poured through this thread, and as such was leaning towards the 6262 or even considered the 6062 Gen2 thats just been released - but my engine builder is telling me the 6466 is 100% the go

I trust the workshop, but just want to double check other's results; dont want something that comes on at 5k or later.. id rather it come on hard at 4.2-4.5k rpm

Its concerning seeing people say a 6466 outflows a T51R

A rb30 usually adds about 500rpm response all things equal... My cams are bigger than yours, so you could possibly base it off that. I'm using a 1.0 divided housing.

I don't think it will be bad, certainly better than a T51R in response, even if it does flow more top end. Thats the beauty of new technology.

If you're worried about response though your are probably better off with a smaller turbo, unless you have a power figure you definitely want. Take into account the 6466 is a 600awkw turbo

Depends on car use, I'd be giving a 6062 a go if your stuck between the 6262 and 6466 for a decision. It should sit right in the middle in response and power :)

I try and do everything with my car from tight sprints, circuit work,1000m drags and powercruise etc. and the 6262 is right in the sweet spot of power and response. I actually turn it down 140hp for everything apart from powercruise and drags because it's more than enough. What do you want from your car?

A 6466 is going to be responsive for its size but it's getting towards drag car only power band on a 2.6L, if that's what you want then go for it but your never going to keep up with the Jones's.

What would you guys recommend for. Street drag VL, auto re401a

Forged Rb30 NEO head

270 9.2mm cams

Plenum etc etc 3k stall

Currently running gt35 .82 internal gate

22psi 422hp but out of injectors

98ron

I was looking at the 6466

What would you guys recommend for. Street drag VL, auto re401a

Forged Rb30 NEO head

270 9.2mm cams

Plenum etc etc 3k stall

Currently running gt35 .82 internal gate

22psi 422hp but out of injectors

98ron

I was looking at the 6466

6466 1.0 divided.

I make 433awkw on 22psi, 98

100kw more on e85

Should be plenty to run 9's

It's been a while but here is my Dyno sheet from build

Rb26 precision 6262 at 19 psi.

Car is running good other than its smoking from turbo.

Anybody here using restrictors? I just put a .030 restrictor and stopped smoking but not sure if I should drive it.(n1 pump)

EC990DBB-75E3-4453-89C1-EC9B0C5E4339_zps

The instructions for the CEA turbos say to use an AN4 line with no restrictor. I've had no issues with my setup, and it sees between 4-8kg/cm oil pressure. I think the return was an AN10 size.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Haven't removed the factory restrictor. I'm running a -4an feed line and a -10 am drain line. Drain line is pretty straight down with now kinks. I also did a leak down test and compression test on the engine. Got 128 psi on all 6 cyl.(running 8:3:1 CR) and dry leak down test was 10% on al 6 but #1 13%. Not sure what other options I have

I'm getting 45psi. Pressure at 2.5-3krpms and over 60 psi from 4k up

Edited by silvianc

Is that America?

because that is epic power in Australia for that boost

Lol yeah. I'm in the U.S.

Setup made

390hp@9psi

450@11psi

560@15psi

611@19psi

This is on a 2.6, 87mm pistons and Tomei type B cams, t4 .84 divided housing and limiter on 8400 Rpms but u can see dyno sheet actually was 7.8k Rpms

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=773329676088103&id=142284982525912&_rdr

Our horses are angrier

It's been a while but here is my Dyno sheet from build

Rb26 precision 6262 at 19 psi.

Car is running good other than its smoking from turbo.

Anybody here using restrictors? I just put a .030 restrictor and stopped smoking but not sure if I should drive it.(n1 pump)

EC990DBB-75E3-4453-89C1-EC9B0C5E4339_zps

Hell yeah. I'm in the USA too. Here I am thinking of seeing 550 whp on pumpgas and I'm at sea level and I'm on a stroker motor. Heck I may see 650 whp on pump after seeing this !

Hell yeah. I'm in the USA too. Here I am thinking of seeing 550 whp on pumpgas and I'm at sea level and I'm on a stroker motor. Heck I may see 650 whp on pump after seeing this !

You'll probably see 550 Australian horses if you've been looking at our graphs. More if in USA