SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

I reckon they need to develop a bolt on low mount setup for the GTR boys.

something in between the -5s and -10s, would sell like hotcakes if they are priced in a similar fashion to the way they are now.

something in between the -5s and -10s, would sell like hotcakes if they are priced in a similar fashion to the way they are now.

I've been on at the guys to develop a low mount set for rb26... they just keep telling me that there isn't a market in the US for them (well there isn't) but they will custom make you a set.

J.

I've been on at the guys to develop a low mount set for rb26... they just keep telling me that there isn't a market in the US for them (well there isn't) but they will custom make you a set.

J.

Mmm yeah not in USA there isn't but the world is bigger than just the USA market. Typical American attitude.

Any idea on what they charge for custom twins?

Excellent results PJ!

2 things I'd love to know, are you running 2 gates or 1? And your opinion on how much earlier a 6262 would come on?

I liking the idea of one of these, my aim is 350rwkw on 98, 2.5L twin scroll with as broad a usable powerband as possible.

Cheers, Scott. I'm running twin gates. At this stage you can't get a 6262 in twin scroll, only the 6265, we would expect there to be a at least 300rpm difference in spool.

As long as you're sticking with 98RON, then a 5557 would be the more fun (and logical) choice.

Cheers, Scott. I'm running twin gates. At this stage you can't get a 6262 in twin scroll, only the 6265, we would expect there to be a at least 300rpm difference in spool.

As long as you're sticking with 98RON, then a 5557 would be the more fun (and logical) choice.

Can you honestly expect 350rwkw from a 5557 on 98 ron?

This I would like to see lol. Need a donor car ? :)

Not sure why they would, they have medium singles which would outperform many of the existing bolt on twin setups out there and for a large part the Americans aren't as tied up with the messy low mount twin turbo way of doing things the lower Hemisphere seems to be. I'd just bin the twins and go a high mount PT6262/GT3582HTA or bigger

Can you honestly expect 350rwkw from a 5557 on 98 ron?

This I would like to see lol. Need a donor car ? :)

Actually it's something that we were talking about yesterday Scott, we'd probably take car of the tuning side for free, got one in stock today too!

I think it the little turbo may shock us, if it doesn't make it, it will come close if you have the supporting mods.

Lithium, couldn't agree with you more....

......if there were bolt on lowmount versions of the 5557, id be keen as.

Factory appearance and devastating power? Yes please. Sure not everyone would agree, but then not everyone minds getting defects or running the risks.

Look at how many sets of -7/-9/-5/-10's are sold worldwide, there's a market right there.

Gotta remember Steve, that these (so far) look as though they will be outperforming a 3037S, not too many people run those in twin format on a GT-R though!

Will have a better idea by the end of the week

I would much prefer a Bolt on low mount setup over a High mount on a GTR, Very much the same reason I dont want to pull the low mounts off my soarer. Less hassles etc, So Precision should make a Bolt on 1jz Setup! lol

Maybe some of the Borg Warner EFR turbos might end up being interesting prospects, I believe the smallest of the range are going to be GT2860R equivalents. The PT5557 would be hellishly laggy in twin form, they are well above -10 flow wise.

I personally don't think there is any worthwhile gap between the -5 and -10s, they aren't THAT different in flow that Garrett have options for in between. Maybe Greddy T518Zs... I wonder if Forced Performance can do a version of their 68HTA which would bolt onto a GTR. That'd be pretty serious....

I wonder if Forced Performance can do a version of their 68HTA which would bolt onto a GTR. That'd be pretty serious....

68HTA? What sort of KW are we talking here?

Gotta remember Steve, that these (so far) look as though they will be outperforming a 3037S, not too many people run those in twin format on a GT-R though!

Will have a better idea by the end of the week

Yeah mate sure understand, there's a lot of stuff still in development from select shops, and given the prices so far from Presicion, id love to see someone take on Garrett in that market :P

Btw hows that Commodore with the RB26 in it? The one you showed me and Tony when he got the injectors. Is that using one of these turbos now?

Mmm yeah not in USA there isn't but the world is bigger than just the USA market. Typical American attitude.

Any idea on what they charge for custom twins?

No one in the US realy stick with low mounts.

Last I asked, they would re-engineer low mount turbo's for around 1800usd per turbo.

They don't really do small turbo's though... The 5557 that I have is almost the smallest billet turbo they do.

BTW. the 5557 comes in 3 different comp housings including a 3 inch inlet and 2 inch outlet- with a t3 exhaust flange that would look very stock, it's just the wastegate you have to get creative with.

J.

"No shit" lol

5557 might be pretty good on my soarer, I want something to fill the very lacking 1jz midrange with out going VVTi or 2J.

lol man, your opinion is based on stock twins! get a 5557, I dare you :banana: guinea pig lol

Yeah mate sure understand, there's a lot of stuff still in development from select shops, and given the prices so far from Presicion, id love to see someone take on Garrett in that market :banana:

Btw hows that Commodore with the RB26 in it? The one you showed me and Tony when he got the injectors. Is that using one of these turbos now?

Sam's car is up at 6boost getting mini-tubbed (very big mini tubs) 9", coil over, Strange shocks, the works. It still runs a HKS GT3037S kit, no doubt it would be a fair bit more responsive with 5557's, but if he was to switch it would be to a big single with TS manifold

A 5557 is just a tad bigger than a HKS GT2835 or Garrett GT3071R but more responsive

what turbo would be best suited for a rb30

Depends on your application Joel, street/drag/circuit? Personally I would use a 6765 on a '30, it's the same size as a T04Z but rated to 900hp. If you want something a bit smaller a 6262 or 6265 will do the job (700hp)