SAU Community

Dt Panels.

glaze

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. But my point to him was I that I never dictated the prices he charged me. I'd been going there for about 4 years.

I'm not here to badmouth anyone. So no I will not be posting pictures or giving details, but anyone is welcome to look at my car in person and make up their own mind.

Whats wrong with your car? :)

Last time I saw it, it looked good xD Can you SMS me of what happened? I really wanna know ;)

That's true. But my point to him was I that I never dictated the prices he charged me. I'd been going there for about 4 years.

I'm not here to badmouth anyone. So no I will not be posting pictures or giving details, but anyone is welcome to look at my car in person and make up their own mind.

Yeah I'll also clarify that I'm not having a go at DT Panels or anyone who has cheap prices. I'm actually defending them and stating that if you go to a cheap workshop and expect aesthetic perfection then you're fooling yourself. I've had a $1500 paint job before from a panel shop (I did most of the prep work), which included painting up a body kit for me. Overall I was happy with it - it wasn't perfect but for me to have expectations of that after forking out $1500 for it...I'd be a f***ing moron. Some people work on the cheap and quite rightly - there's a market for it. Otherwise we'd all have to fork out $6000 for a paint job and not everyone can afford that.

Simply put, if you want an evaluation of the quality of work a workshop will produce for you - talk to ALOT of previous customers so you can get a wide understanding of what to expect for the money, good and bad.

Whats wrong with your car? :)

Last time I saw it, it looked good xD Can you SMS me of what happened? I really wanna know :)

I don't think you've seen the Pulsar have you? I've never had any panel work/paint done to the Skyline. It's as I bought it.

My white body kit doesnt exactly match my car under certain lights.. aslo they put my spoiler on a angle.. so i had to take it off and re do it myself.. so yeh i wont be going back there..

Get what you pay for i guess, i'll be getting the Micolour treatment next car.

most bodykits arent perfect though really, you've got a 15 year old faded white paint job and they go and apply fresh white paint..

mine doesnt match either i cared for about 5 minutes then said "meh" .. not that DT did it just sayin in general..

which was my point previous. I provided a genuine Jap kit, and we had no issues what-so-ever. Paint match is perfect too.

Hell, even my dad's 335i rear bumper that got sprayed at none-other than Mr Gloss, the colour match is not perfect in all lights. Rear bumper alone was probably half the price of a DT respray.

the problem is though, for 'some' of those that are unhappy, wouldn't want to pay the prices of Mr Gloss or Charli Batisti (or even MiColour) so where does that leave you then?

Ok, I just got my R33 resprayed and a few items fixed at Vu's DT Panel shop. I must say, the quality of workmanship was exceptional. In regards to price - I don't think they're exactly "cheap" but reasonably priced for the quality of work. I was very pleased. I asked them to do some other minor things, they did it free of charge.

Overall, I am a happy man.

That's the problem I had. Fair enough you JUST got your car back and ts perfect. So was mine. Give it a few months and I guarantee you will finds faults all around your car. Guarantee it

That's the problem I had. Fair enough you JUST got your car back and ts perfect. So was mine. Give it a few months and I guarantee you will finds faults all around your car. Guarantee it

aw man that fkn sucks!

whats starting to go crap on your car?

got my kit done at dt, was happy with the job, vu's a great guy aswel, only imperfection was front bar fitting was bit weak + not that secure and few scrapes and it was loose but thats what u get with fibreglass i guess other than that i didnt have any problems with paint ect.

Agreed, I think I'll drop back there and ask if they are willing to fix up the issue or not, if not would posting pics be against SAU rules?

I'm not quite sure if posting pics of what my current lower lip looks like is "slandering" or not...

Will discuss with DT next week, the owner was N/A this weekend so they said they are unsure if the problem is due to the fiberglass touching something or there paintwork, 90% sure its a paintwork issue but I'll find out.

Either way its pretty small they covered most of the crack...