SAU Community

Off Sets I'm Confused.

Hi,

I hope I don't annoy too many people. I have searched through a few threads now and I haven't been able to get a clear answer. I want to know what offset of wheel looks good on a R32 GTR. I DON'T LIKE THE SUNKEN LOOK.

-Is 22 ok for a GTR or is that more for the R32 GTST?

-Can anyone give me a list of good offsets to be used. (I don't want to use spacers)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I hope I don't annoy too many people. I have searched through a few threads now and I haven't been able to get a clear answer. I want to know what offset of wheel looks good on a R32 GTR. I DON'T LIKE THE SUNKEN LOOK.

-Can anyone give me a list of good offsets to be used. (I don't want to use spacers)

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the width of the rim big guy. 22 offset on a 9" rim is different to 22 offset on a 10" rim.

For what its worth, I run 18x10" +20 offset. A +22 offset on a 10" rim would put the outside of the rim 2mm further under the guard. (and yep, a 10" rim with +22 offset on a GT-R would look tuff)

yes it depends on the width of the rim...

+22 is an acceptable, medioka fitment for GTR's... its a tough fitment for gtst's though.. for a really flush/slightly outside the guards fit on a GTR, look around for something around +15.

i have a set of 17x9 + 25 and 17x9.5 + 25.. even though its only 12mm wider.. the 9.5's sit much further outside the guards than the 9's do.. i could pull off the 9's even with wide tyres, whereas the 9.5s i need stretched tyres to fit.

offset is not that hard to work out... its only when you throw different widths into the mix that it becomes difficult.

i wouldnt look at anything smaller than 9.5" and with more offset than +20.

and remember that wheel widths are measured bead to bead... not edge to edge.. so a 9.5" rim is usually 10" edge to edge... but that all depends on the brand of wheel and the type of lip they use.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has posted in.

Will the eneki rpo1 17X9 22 sit flush with the guard. I don't want a rim that sits outside the guard. If these are no good can somebody recomend a forged alloy rim that can house 6 pot calipers and sit flush with the guards.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has posted in.

Will the eneki rpo1 17X9 22 sit flush with the guard. I don't want a rim that sits outside the guard. If these are no good can somebody recomend a forged alloy rim that can house 6 pot calipers and sit flush with the guards.

Thanks

A 17*9" +22 rim is a very good fit for an R32 GTR. I have that size on mine. They are CE28's which clear an F40 calliper on a 324 rotor.

The thing you have to understand is that the amount of camber you run will have a big impact on how flush the top of the tyre sits to the guard. You can make just about anything fit if you run stupid amounts of negative camber.

Also it is common for the rear guard lip to contact the tyre if the ride height is low - a 255/40 rear tyre in a Briudgestone RE55 will usually do so.

As far as calliper clearance unless you can get a diagram of the wheel/calliper the only way to confirm it is to see it. Enkei are usually pretty good on the clearance but it can depend on the calliper alot too.

post-5134-1270092990_thumb.jpg

17X9 +22 will look fine. they certainly won't look 'sunken' (lol) at all. ekei's make a good wheel and like djr81 said they generally (in their racing type wheels) have quite generous calliper clearance too.

I have 18x10+13 and I am having troubles making them fit properlly with guard issues but will look super tuff once I can get them to fit on my 32-R.

18x10+20 would be the perfect offset with minimal headf**ks lol

I have 18x10+13 and I am having troubles making them fit properlly with guard issues but will look super tuff once I can get them to fit on my 32-R.

18x10+20 would be the perfect offset with minimal headf**ks lol

At some stage a historian will be able to pin point the exact time owning a GTR turned into a pissing competition about how much rim/tyre/offset could be shoved under the guards. :(

You are having troubles fitting the rims because they have too much offset & are an half an inch to an inch wider than they need to be.

Not having a go at you but I get sick of people trying to talk up wheel tyre sizes to the detriment of suspension geometry & handling - not to mention tyre life.

17X9 +22 will look fine. they certainly won't look 'sunken' (lol) at all. ekei's make a good wheel and like djr81 said they generally (in their racing type wheels) have quite generous calliper clearance too.

what he said :worship:

handy tool for this purpose...

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Edited by WHITE R32

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

your not the only one. i been searching and reading pages and pages. still not with it. even with the online tools. lol. is the number higher meaning it sticks out more? or vice versa? :S same as you, i dont want the wheels to sit in, but yet again, dont want the stupid vip look.

i been looking for wheels online, but i think im just gonna have to find a tyre shop that already knows whats a good fitment.

trying to source 18 or 19" on a r33 gtst.

A 17*9" +22 rim is a very good fit for an R32 GTR. I have that size on mine. They are CE28's which clear an F40 calliper on a 324 rotor.

The thing you have to understand is that the amount of camber you run will have a big impact on how flush the top of the tyre sits to the guard. You can make just about anything fit if you run stupid amounts of negative camber.

Also it is common for the rear guard lip to contact the tyre if the ride height is low - a 255/40 rear tyre in a Briudgestone RE55 will usually do so.

As far as calliper clearance unless you can get a diagram of the wheel/calliper the only way to confirm it is to see it. Enkei are usually pretty good on the clearance but it can depend on the calliper alot too.

not having a go at you... as your gtr looks very tidy... but i would consider that sunken... not flush.. if that is the fit the OP is after... than all good and well... but flush is only achievable with stretched tyres, i know you are anti stretched tyres, but i approve of the stretch... so it is up to the OP.. if he wants a fitment like yours, then +22 will be fine.. but if he considers that sunken, then he'll need something like +15ish... with some 235's fitted with some stretch.

not having a go at you... as your gtr looks very tidy... but i would consider that sunken... not flush.. if that is the fit the OP is after... than all good and well... but flush is only achievable with stretched tyres, i know you are anti stretched tyres, but i approve of the stretch... so it is up to the OP.. if he wants a fitment like yours, then +22 will be fine.. but if he considers that sunken, then he'll need something like +15ish... with some 235's fitted with some stretch.

Well if you have a closer look you will notice the front end is running alot of -ve camber plus a bunch of other non standard bits. About four degrees. I could easilly make it look more "flush" by winding some out.

Which was my point, really. You need to know both the wheel/tyre size, the ride height & the amount of -ve camber. They are all inter related.

Best thing to do is to try a rim.