SAU Community

Hel Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Group Buy

PM-R33

Hey guys

I'm organising a group buy for a full kit (front and rear) of HEL stainless steel braided brake lines.

aw11-kit.gif

All HEL hoses are legal to be fitted to any vehicle worldwide and have FMVSS-106, ADR, LTSA and DOT and TUV approval.

These kits cost anywhere from $150 - $200+ in Aus.

If we can get ten (10) or more kits than the price will be $115 Delivered Australia wide.

Now most of us have factory brake lines that in some cases can be 20 years old for R32's and 15 years old for R33's; for optimum performance, these are due for replacement! However a factory replacement set of rubber brake lines costs more than this group buy price!

To put it into perspective a Nismo braided brake line kit from Nengun will set you back over $300 delivered so this is bloody cheap. I was prepared to pay more than this but this price is fantastic.

I'm going to be purchasing a set with this group buy myself and will post up pictures of the installing to assist anyone with the installation. I will be using Motul fluid which I recommend every one does and the combined upgrade with a good brake bleed should provide a great pedal feel. If you're looking at changing your complete brake fluid soon, you might as well do the lines at the same time.

Some information from HEL's website:

http://www.helcarkits.co.uk/

Despite what the salesman tells you - every modern car has compromises, normally instigated by accountants rather than engineers. One such compromise is the materials used for the brake hoses on your car. Rubber hoses or mild steel fittings are cheap but we all know how rubber hose bulges under pressure, allows brake fluid to absorb water vapour from the atmosphere and that mild steel fittings rust....We manufacture a complete replacement stainless steel brake line kit for any car which is fitted with a hydraulic brake system and as we only ever use stainless steel fittings for the automotive marketplace so we can offer the HEL Lifetime Warranty on all brake line kits.

Manufactured to the highest possible industry standards by Hose Solutions and a carefully selected trained manufacturing outlets, the HEL Performance car brake line kits are brand new to the tuning market, building on the worldwide success the product has had in the motorcycle market for the last 10 years.

Incredible value for money for premium quality braided brake lines.

When you buy HEL Brake Lines, they will be:

• High quality, 100% stainless steel, non-corroding braided brake hoses.

• FMVSS-106, ADR, LTSA, DOT and TUV approved.

• So reliable that they're used in many high performance, racing and custom cars.

• Coated in a wipe-clean PVC cover with a choice of 19 colours.

• Included with a fitting kit if needed, HEL stickers and a lifetime warranty as standard.

These are braided brake lines you can 100% trust in any type of car. Your braking will feel smoother and stronger. That spongy brake feeling will be eliminated, making your brakes crisp and responsive.

So whats available? Well here's the main Nissan import list, however heaps of other kits are available so if there is a different car kit that you want, send me a message and I'll see if it is available. No R34 GTR unfortunately.

• Nissan Skyline R32/R33 GTST

• Nissan Skyline R32/R33 GTR

• Nissan Skyline R34 GTT

• Nissan Skyline R35 GTR

• Nissan Silvia S13

• Nissan Silvia S14

• Nissan Silvia S15

• Nissan Z32 300ZX

Now the HEL kits are available in a few colour choices. However to order each car kit with different colour combinations from England is going to cause dramas with mistakes so I would like to avoid this. Therefore I would rather have all ten kits the same colours so no mistakes are made (if you REALLY need a different colour then PM me and maybe ill look into it but I would rather not for every ones sake). Therefore the colour choice can be voted on but I think it should either be black, silver or clear. At the end of the day who really cares about the colour, but each to their own.

I will keep the group buy open until Sunday 25th April 2010.

After 10 people are gathered I will need full payment within one week, Sunday 2nd May 2010 into my bank account. I will message every one with my account details and ask that you reply with your full mailing address. I will then transfer the money to the supplier once all the money has been transferred and the kits will get sent via FedEX within a week of them having all the kits ready. I will receive the kits and then send them out to you ASAP so you should see them within a few days after this. ETA should be early May if everything goes smoothly.

Please bare with me as this is my first group buy and I hope things will go smoothly for everyone. If you have any further questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Admin, hopefully I have included everything I require into this group buy, if I have left something out please let me know before you lock the thread.

Thanks guys.

Phil

PURCHASE LIST

1. PMR33 - R33 GTST

2. LUKAS 33 - R33 GTST

3. …………

4. …………

5. …………

6. …………

7. …………

8. …………

9. …………

10. …………

Edited by PM-R33

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Righteo this is turning out a lot better than expected, i'm going to see what better pricing we can get if we get 15 or 20 people. I'm allready pretty happy with the price but a few extra bucks always helps. I'll let you guys now.

So latest list:

1. PMR33 - R33 GTST

2. LUKAS 33 - R33 GTST

3. DYNOSET - S13

4. LOKIR33 - R33 GTST

5. TOYGTR - R32 GTR

6. 89CAL - R33 GTST

7. MR TURBO - R32 GTST

8. DORI34 - (R34 GTT or R33 GTST)

9. BASTI - R33 GTST

10. …………

11. …………

12. …………

13. …………

14. …………

15. …………

i have a R34 non turbo but with GTST brakes, not sure if R34 GTT & 33 GTST lines are the same tho?

I used R33 GTST brake lines with the kit so im assuming i have to get 33 GTST so put me down for this >_<

Cheers mate

also just curious, as per group buy rules, which company are you sourcing these thru?

I used R33 GTST brake lines with the kit so im assuming i have to get 33 GTST so put me down for this :cool:

Cheers mate

also just curious, as per group buy rules, which company are you sourcing these thru?

Ok no worries mate R33 GTST it is.

Woops sorry thought i wrote it in the first post, Hel in England.

Righteo this is turning out a lot better than expected, i'm going to see what better pricing we can get if we get 15 or 20 people. I'm allready pretty happy with the price but a few extra bucks always helps. I'll let you guys now.

So latest list:

1. PMR33 - R33 GTST

2. LUKAS 33 - R33 GTST

3. DYNOSET - S13

4. LOKIR33 - R33 GTST

5. TOYGTR - R32 GTR

6. 89CAL - R33 GTST

7. MR TURBO - R32 GTST

8. DORI34 - (R34 GTT or R33 GTST)

9. BASTI - R33 GTST

10. …………

11. …………

12. …………

13. …………

14. …………

15. …………

sorry mate ill need kit for r33 gtst

sorry i for got to tell you

UPDATE: Since we nearly have 15 people, group buy price is now $105 Delivered Australia wide :D

Latest list:

1. PMR33 - R33 GTST

2. LUKAS 33 - R33 GTST

3. DYSONEST - S13

4. LOKIR33 - R33 GTST

5. TOYGTR - R32 GTR

6. 89CAL - R33 GTST

7. MR TURBO - R33 GTST

8. DORI34 - R33 GTST

9. BASTI - R33 GTST

10. EVLGTR - R32 GTR

11. ZEPHYRO90 - R32 GTST (PNG)

12. PEZHEAD - R33 GTR

13. ROBBO RB180 - (awaiting confirmation of kit)

14. FORCEFED - (awaiting confirmation of kit)

15. MLR - R33 GTST

16. …………

17. …………

18. …………

19. …………

20. …………

Guys I now realise that waiting three more weeks is probably going to get 50 kits sold at this rate lol. So i'll give it a few more days and see where we are with numbers. If we start to get into 20-25 kits, I think i'll end the group buy at that amount if no one has a problem with this and it aint breaking any rules. I'm just getting worried with the high amount of kits mistakes may be made and customs might start to be a problem. Also I don't know if they just keep 20 kits of each model on the shelf so don't want to cause delays if I give them an order for 30 GTST kits lol.

If we still have a lot of interest and people have a problem that the group buy was closed early I don't really have a problem with doing another one after this one to keep people happy.

Also I have had a few people enquire about clutch line kits and if there is enough interest I could do one for that if people are keen.

With regards to the colouring of the PVC tube, I have decided from seeing every ones comments and talking to friends in the group buy we shall go clear tubing. This means the natural colour of the stainless steel braided line will be visible. Hopefully this is ok.

Thanks guys

Edited by PM-R33