SAU Community

Hel Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Group Buy

PM-R33

g day pm-r33, if your doing another group buy im interested what would be the price and rough payment and del date for the next lot. for brake clutch set to suit 92 r32 gtr, and if u can get them a set to suit mazda 2000 RX7 SERIES 8 RS ( NOT BREMBOS).

Thanks Mate

btw do the kit come with an aproval sheet or something to prove they are aproved in case of any rta issues.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I emailed them yesterday to see how they are coming along so just waiting on a reply. There might be a small delay because of the dust storm in Europe, i'm not sure so i'll see what they say.

I'll post up a bit later on today regarding the proof that the brake lines are ADR approved and put some pictures up to see how you can tell, I looked into it and it's a fairly simple thing.

Ok so a few people (including myself) have been wondering how you can prove that aftermarket braided brake lines are legal for street use in Australia and whether the kits come with some sort of certification. Well after a bit of research there is a bunch of technical requirements and testing that they have to go through to get ADR approval, however the main proof for some one inspecting the brake lines is a boot with coding inserted onto each brake line to prove it has met all the requirements and makes them legal for street use.

Boots with the lettering HEL-FMVSS-106 printed on each boot MUST BE CLEARLY VISIBLE on each end of each a brake line. Without the inclusion of this boot your line dose not fully comply with Australian ADR requirements and therefore is not street legal.

Here is what the boot will look like on our brake lines to prove they are street legal. Therefore there is nothing to worry about. If any one has technical questions about this that I can not answer just give Hel in Australia a call.

HEL-FMVSS-106.jpg

Edited by PM-R33

Hopefully this is the final update before I receive the kits and start sending them out :thumbsup:

The supplier had a delay with not having enough fittings to finish the last few kits last week, but they received stock over the weekend and will finish the kits within the next couple of days. The kits should hopefully leave England this Thursday if all goes well *fingers crossed*.

Will keep you posted and sorry for the slight hicup.

Edited by PM-R33

Hopefully this is the final update before I receive the kits and start sending them out :D

The supplier had a delay with not having enough fittings to finish the last few kits last week, but they received stock over the weekend and will finish the kits within the next couple of days. The kits should hopefully leave England this Thursday if all goes well *fingers crossed*.

Will keep you posted and sorry for the slight hicup.

:D Better warn him to get his shit together for the next 3 billion brake hoses and 6 mega trillion friken clutch lines likely to be comming his way he he , ;)

Ah -- that reminds me , please put me down for a clutch braidy if/when you do them-- BASHO 1998 R34GTT-- :)

Edited by BASHO

I sent a message to the australian one and he said buying through him is fine. Its here and here's for the ADR question.

Warning if your HEL brake lines do not include a black stamped sleeve with the following lettering HEL-ADR or HEL- FMVSS-106 they are not street legal and do not comply with the Australian ADR requirements. Despite what some overseas sellers and UN authorised Australian dealers proclaim, they will not meet the Australian ADR requirements without the inclusion of these boots. This also means no Insurance coverage in the event of an accident. Only Hel Performance Australia and its authorised dealers provide ADR approved street legal brake lines, which must include the HEL-ADR and or the FMVSS-106 black boots on each line.

Hi Robert

Thank you for the email, yes we would be interested in providing you with our brake lines, unlike the over seas suppliers ours are labelled to meet Australian ADR requirements.

Regards

Dean Morris

HEL Performance Australia

P.O. Box 1078 Nathan Street

Brighton

QLD 4017

P.h. 07 3869 3016

Fax. 07 3869 0704

www.helperformance.com.au

Email:[email protected]

Brake Later Stop Quicker

I'm missing the point of your post :D

I quite clearly stated this in my above post (post #106) and the guys in the UK are including the boot on the brake lines. Since it is not a requirement in the UK and Europe they do not put it on (why would they waste their time), but since I told them it is going to Australia they have no problem putting the boot on and always do so.

Edited by PM-R33

WARNING - I want stuff - and more wine, thanks, Mark.....

Looking forward to getting it really, cooked my brakes pretty good at Eastern Creek, need bleed and pads but Im waiting till I get the new lines.

Stuff rocks, and things are pretty good too.

But stuff and things together are awesome.....!@#$%^&*()_[]\';,./<>?":{}|

Its alright i just though the australian guys could help you out. And i thought i may as well post the whole information from the manufacturer.

To easy man, not a problem. I actually contacted the Australian distributors, but their prices for a group buy were no where near this price so I didn't bother.

maybe contact them again with UK branches prices.. people are usually co-operative once someone else agrees to a price.. will cut out shipping prices and possible customs tax..

am still interested in next group buy.. and possible prices on clutch kit