SAU Community

Removing Entire Dash - HOWTO

predator

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upping a old thread :). does any one know if you can fit a series 1 dash into a series 2 gtst?, all of the siliver dash parts i want to buy from this series 1 and place in my series 2?, will they fit, series 1 looks a little flater parts?

Edited by seriesII

• 2 months later...

great diy... taken mine out aswell with no idea wat so ever so paint the dash n facia n it took just over an hr to remove and only 30mins to put it back in :s haha, didnt have to remove the pillar covers or steering wheel tho, just makes it a little harder to manover in n out

If I recall correctly, the workshop manual makes some reference to removing the passenger and centre aircon vents: don't bother whilst the dash dash is in the car (if your vents are looking a bit used, sticking a screwdriver in is more likely to bust them than anything else).

It might also be an idea to mark where the steering wheel is in relation to the centre spline if you have a aftermarket wheel (the OEM has a small mark on it). I would also mark where the HICAS ring (its the white ring behind the steering wheel with two big prongs) is as its quite easy to knock and if you don't have an OEM wheel lying about (or have removed the boss from your aftermarket steering wheel), it can be a pain to line up correctly.

• 4 months later...
If I recall correctly, the workshop manual makes some reference to removing the passenger and centre aircon vents: don't bother whilst the dash dash is in the car (if your vents are looking a bit used, sticking a screwdriver in is more likely to bust them than anything else).

this isnt so for r33's

you need to remove the side vents as there is a bolt behind each of the side vents, and there is also bolts underneath the demister vents as well

just a hint for 33 drivers who might read this

• 1 year later...

That is the first part of the post. It takes me 5 mins to do mine, maybe 10 the first time. Remove the ash tray, 2 screws there, unclip it. Take the gear knob off and lift it out. Then undo the three screws that hold the next part in, unclip it all, and pull all the wires out. Easy really. Thats just a quick guide, but there is a tutorial in the tutorial section somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Mines probs easier than most others, i only have 3 out of the 5 screws holding everything is. Any my head unit is held in with only 2 screws and not 4 :(

Call me useless but I cant get the first stage done. I've removed ash tray and undone the 2 screws in my series 1 gtst (auto). The thing wont budge at all. Is there any area in particular I should be focusing on? i.e. trying to pull it outwards, or up and then out, or trying to find some clips to undo?

Yea im wanting to chnage bulbs in dash for speedo...was about to have someone come do iot for me but he didnt kno who how to on an auto....

i have an auto so is it the same steps????

There are 2 tabs at the back of it, between the coin tray and the gear boot. Pull it up there and it should un-clip. And take ur gear knob off as well.

cheers. Got it off without removing the knob, just put it in N and guided it over. Have painted that bit, the drivers side rest and the passenger bit where the window button is. In silver of course (for a black 2 door). Started rubbing the rubber off the rest of the dash while Im waiting at traffic lights in the hope it'll be nice and flat ready to paint over the long weekend

Haha, yeah, it took me about 3 hours all up to get all the rubber off mine. Forgot to take it off the drivers panel, so it cracked when I painted it. Havent had time to take it off again and sand all the paint off. Cbf honestly. And I did it on a manual, so I'm not sure about autos. Should be the same, shouldnt it?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got the pics for a walkthrough to remove the dash to put in LED's on an R34 GT-T?

I've been searching but can't find any pics. I'm not sure if I have to remove the entire dash (like on that r32 in a previous post) ? If thats whats needed i'm getting someone else to do it!

I've taken the dash out of a mate's CE lancer and it was piss easy, this seems way more complicated....