SAU Community

Project R34

Day 6 - 15/4/10

1 can of VHT = stealth intercooler :)

Intercooler is all plumbed in now, the injectors are next, also got the Pivot gauges installed

The guys were also tuning the S15 for the upcoming World Time Attack, such a beast.

resized_DSC_1536.jpg

resized_DSC_1537.jpg

resized_DSC_1538.jpg

resized_DSC_1542.jpg

resized_DSC_1548.jpg

resized_DSC_1549.jpg

resized_DSC_1552.jpg

resized_DSC_1566.jpg

resized_DSC_1575.jpg

resized_DSC_1580.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see another skyline being done up for racing!

Dont want to rain on your parade for the times, but zebra is right. Its easy to get down to low 60's, to push past that and into sub 60's it jumps up exponentially. Not just in power, but suspension, tyre size and compound, cars weight, brake setup and a whole myriad of other things. Good luck to you though, hopefully you do get there. Ive found that if you go out there just to have fun and not worry about your times, you end up doing your best ones without it feeling like you were trying! Its great!

Hopefully will see you out there.

Hi 33_racer, thanks for your advice. We have no illusions about the cost and commitment that it takes to really go fast. To be honest, a 59.99 would be perfect! There is no way that we will be the quickest, as this car will remain road registered, but the Red 4 door GT-T we were using previously was almost totally stock and getting smashed on the straights. Hopefully, this will just allow us to be a little more competitive.

Back to the build - The Apexi Power FC finally turned up!

resized_DSC_1722.jpg

resized_DSC_1713.jpg

resized_DSC_1718.jpg

resized_DSC_1714.jpg

IT'S ALIVE!

:D

Day 7 - 16/4/10

Everything is back together and the Power FC is in! Terry calculated a basic tune and she kicked over first time!!!

Unfortunately we can't get it on the dyno today, but come Monday, we will be on the rollers and find out what gains we made!

resized_IMG_4475.jpg

resized_IMG_4485.jpg

resized_IMG_4481.jpg

resized_IMG_4480.jpg

resized_IMG_4489.jpg

resized_IMG_4502.jpg

Day 9 - 20/04/10

330HP ATW!!!

Here are the dyno sheets, the first three show the actual tune with a steady power curve. The last one is in shootout mode, just going for big numbers. Note the wheelspin at 4000RPM on the last sheet.

On the final pic, the green line shows where we started and the red line is the current output. Pretty happy with that.

resized_tune1.jpg

resized_tune2.jpg

resized_tune3.jpg

resized_shootout.jpg

Looks really good.

Just so you're aware, Falken Azenis aren't R compound tyres. They are just hardcore street tyres.

Get some proper semi slicks (RE55's, R888's, D03G, A050's) and they'll take another 2 seconds off your time :ermm:

watching the speedo just made me hate my non turb r34 lmao... guess i better start saving up for a gtt now, how much did this package set you back? ( inc labor etc)

unless the guy was braking then i'd say the rollers have more resistance judging by how fast the car slowed down.

Anyways iv been for a ride in a 300hp r33 and that was quick enough to impress me lol.

-------------------

Have you thought about getting a lightened flywheel?

Edited by R34 -_-

unless the guy was braking then i'd say the rollers have more resistance judging by how fast the car slowed down.

my car with over 300kw doesnt accelerate that fast in 4th from low revs. both the dyno and the car have brakes that the operator can use to slow it down after the run.