SAU Community

Project R34

Hi all,

We're building a new car for the Queensland Time Attack series. Starting with a pretty much stock 1999 R34, we are adding the following bits to get the output up to around 300-350HP ATW.

We started the build yesterday (08/04/10) and hope to get it all finished in the next few weeks.

Here is the shopping list;

HKS GT-RS Turbo kit

Apexi Power FC

HKS EVC Boost Control

Nismo 480cc injectors

Nismo Spark Plugs

Nismo High Pressure Fuel Pump

Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator

Nismo Coppermix Clutch

Nismo GT LSD TT 2-way

and here is the progress so far.

08/04/10

Dropping the car off to Ivan at Hi Power Racing

resized_DSC_1283.jpg

resized_DSC_1292.jpg

resized_DSC_1295.jpg

resized_DSC_1296.jpg

resized_DSC_1302.jpg

resized_DSC_1304.jpg

resized_DSC_1322.jpg

On the dyno for the first run

DSC_1376_550p.jpg

Dyno Sheet

Dyno_Sheet_1_550p.jpg

Video of the run here

09/04/10

Clutch is in and Nismo LSD has been fitted. Turbo goes in early next week.

resized_DSC_1381.jpg

resized_DSC_1395.jpg

resized_DSC_1401.jpg

resized_DSC_1407.jpg

resized_DSC_1412.jpg

resized_DSC_1426.jpg

resized_DSC_1427.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished in a few Weeks!!!!!

Nice, gotta love a quick turnaround.

Some nice parts you have there, Looking forward to watching the progress.

Is it going to be a track only car?

What times are you hoping you will get out of her?

nice work.. will be watching ur progress

isn't the turbo too big for the 350hp atw goal? also ur dyno run was 205hp stock??

edit: my bad, ur sig had r34 gtr so i assumed that was the car u were doing the mods to..

Edited by BWRGTR

Thanks for the support guys! We are planning to get to the injectors and fit up the turbo this afternoon. Pics to follow!

Duncan1 - We will keep it road registered and we hope to break into the sub-one minute bracket at QR!

BWRGTR - Yeah, the Bayside Blue GT-R we are pretty happy with, no new mods to it at the moment. The 205HP ATW also seemed a bit low, but we did hit the speed cut.

Luke_ENR34 - You might have to put a bit more work into your proposal! :D

Thanks for the support guys! We are planning to get to the injectors and fit up the turbo this afternoon. Pics to follow!

Duncan1 - We will keep it road registered and we hope to break into the sub-one minute bracket at QR!

BWRGTR - Yeah, the Bayside Blue GT-R we are pretty happy with, no new mods to it at the moment. The 205HP ATW also seemed a bit low, but we did hit the speed cut.

Luke_ENR34 - You might have to put a bit more work into your proposal! :action-smiley-069:

hmm yeh 205hp is very low i think, 206kw stock (not at the wheels given, but thats ~280hp) vs rb20 165kw(~220hp) and my old 32 gtst made 200hp atw with a 3inch exhaust, fMIC and a pod filter

does the car still have stock exhaust ?

otherwise great build ! good to see some people still go for a nice amount of power instead of chasing huge numbers :wub:

I much preffer a bit less power but more response, linear delivery

Day 3 12/4/10

So while I was at the workshop yesterday, the CF card in my camera exploded. Luckily, my trusty camera phone

was there for backup.

LSD & gearbox are now bolted back in, factory turbo is out & HKS GT-RS is in!

resized_IMG00219-20100412-1640.jpg

Turbo out

resized_IMG00218-20100412-1640.jpg

Old & new side by side

resized_IMG00221-20100412-1641.jpg

resized_IMG00224-20100412-1644.jpg

Turbo fitted

are you guys going to remove HICAS?

We're leaving the HICAS alone at the moment, we'll take it for a spin once it's all together and see how it it feels. We'll make a decision after that if it's going to go.

Should be a nice car once its complete. but I am suprised at the choice on the Little GT-RS when QR is really all about straight line poke.

What suspension / tyres etc are you guys gonna run?

Should be a nice car once its complete. but I am suprised at the choice on the Little GT-RS when QR is really all about straight line poke.

What suspension / tyres etc are you guys gonna run?

Zebra, we are going for strong and reliable, rather than going for the highest output. It doesn't have to be the quickest car out there, just enough to have some fun.

Leaving the suspension alone at the moment, it has a set of racing logic coilovers now and we will probably make a few changes, but nothing yet. The wheels will be LM GT4 18 x 10 all round and as far as tyre choice, we use either Nexen, Corsa or Achilles depending on the day.

Edited by Link Auto

Zebra, we are going for strong and reliable, rather than going for the highest output. It doesn't have to be the quickest car out there, just enough to have some fun.

I like your thinking with that.

Are you not going to run proper semi-slicks for the track?

Its just that you said you wanted sub 60secs on the sprint track...which is pretty damn fast.

I like your thinking with that.

Are you not going to run proper semi-slicks for the track?

Its just that you said you wanted sub 60secs on the sprint track...which is pretty damn fast.

Sorry mate, I didn't include Falken Azenis that we use at track days! On standard rubber in its previous form, we have managed a 1.06.03 from this car, so we are hoping that sub 60 is within reach. If everything falls into place, it will be ready for the next track day to find out!