SAU Community

Project R34

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hay buddy

i love ur nismo suspension arms

if i could ask where u got it from and the price u paid for all of it i would really appreciate it

pm if u prefer

PM Sent.

hay buddy

i love ur nismo suspension arms

if i could ask where u got it from and the price u paid for all of it i would really appreciate it

pm if u prefer

ive bought and used the nismo arms before. I had the whole set front and rear in my R32 gtr. A little bit pricey for what they are, which is essentially the stock arms painted silver with strengthened nismo bushes. If you must go down this route you are better off just buying the strengthened nismo bushes and have them pushed into your standard arms. there are a few extra tack welds along the standard bracing in some of the arms for that little bit extra reinforcement, but nothing you couldnt do yourself. The great thing about nismo bushes is that they are still rubber which although strengthened, will not be as harsh as a rose joint, but still does offer a slightly better feel than the standard bushes without sacraficing too much comfort. This is a good choice for a street car with no legality issues. If this is not a concern and you head to down to the track every once in a while, i think the ikeya formula arms are hard to beat for direct response and feel, with adjustability for a circuit setup if required. Or alternatively you can dial in a setting that allows for lesser tyre wear on the tyres (especially the rear) for regular road driviing. The The nismo arms, like the standard arms are fixed into a position where it causes excessive wear on the inner rears. Although great for traction when youre giving it some around corners, is not the ideal setup for a road car, especially when youre running an expensive tyre package for daily driving. With adjustable arms, you could dial some or all of this out to give your tyres a more even wear and allowing your them a longer life. The ikea formula arms may be a little more expensive, but for that little extra over the nismo arms, the gains far outweigh the extra cost. Whatever you end up choosing im sure ivan from hi power can help you out! One thing though DO NOT BUY CHINESE ARMS!

Edited by AtomicBomberMan

Wow impressive build up guys cant wait to see it all finished with the kit etc. I was wondering if you could possibly pm me a rough price as to how much the engine mods + labour were as i would love to have the same or similar mods on my 33gtst.

Good luck with getting the times your are after also.

• 4 weeks later...
Where u end up getting the Z-tune guards from?

Need some for my car in the near future.

We are the Australian importer & distributor of Nismo Competition Parts, so luckily, we had a set out the back :)

If you need a set, you can order them through any authorised dealer.

Today we loaded up the new kit and dropped it off at Cameron's Bodyworks. It'll be two weeks until he can start on our job, but we can hardly wait.

Full respray, new kit & flared rear guards :)

37656_447064835659_58651150659_6661446_5545623_n.jpg

37656_447064845659_58651150659_6661448_7768721_n.jpg

37656_447064840659_58651150659_6661447_2346330_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Halfway through the respray. Rear guards have been flared, Z-Tune guards have been modified to match up with the side skirts, the car should be going into the booth today to finish the body.

Progress pics:

45068_459959495659_58651150659_7032388_3743420_n.jpg

45684_459959530659_58651150659_7032389_2867908_n.jpg

45684_459959535659_58651150659_7032390_7077527_n.jpg

45684_459959540659_58651150659_7032391_5715964_n.jpg

45684_459959545659_58651150659_7032392_7402403_n.jpg

45684_459959550659_58651150659_7032393_5704917_n.jpg

I can't be certain (due to the angle of the photo) but the rear guards don't look that great :wacko: looks like u killed the factory flare line and just went for the bulge look, would of been nicer if it was the same as the GTR rear quarters with the vivid horizontal line

Edited by R34 -_-

ive bought and used the nismo arms before. I had the whole set front and rear in my R32 gtr. A little bit pricey for what they are, which is essentially the stock arms painted silver with strengthened nismo bushes. If you must go down this route you are better off just buying the strengthened nismo bushes and have them pushed into your standard arms. there are a few extra tack welds along the standard bracing in some of the arms for that little bit extra reinforcement, but nothing you couldnt do yourself. The great thing about nismo bushes is that they are still rubber which although strengthened, will not be as harsh as a rose joint, but still does offer a slightly better feel than the standard bushes without sacraficing too much comfort. This is a good choice for a street car with no legality issues. If this is not a concern and you head to down to the track every once in a while, i think the ikeya formula arms are hard to beat for direct response and feel, with adjustability for a circuit setup if required. Or alternatively you can dial in a setting that allows for lesser tyre wear on the tyres (especially the rear) for regular road driviing. The The nismo arms, like the standard arms are fixed into a position where it causes excessive wear on the inner rears. Although great for traction when youre giving it some around corners, is not the ideal setup for a road car, especially when youre running an expensive tyre package for daily driving. With adjustable arms, you could dial some or all of this out to give your tyres a more even wear and allowing your them a longer life. The ikea formula arms may be a little more expensive, but for that little extra over the nismo arms, the gains far outweigh the extra cost. Whatever you end up choosing im sure ivan from hi power can help you out! One thing though DO NOT BUY CHINESE ARMS!

Awesome advice-thanks Chris

Top class build up thread Guys at Link- good map for anyone else building up a R34 GTT-well done