SAU Community

What Psi Standard R33 Bov Good For

Soon as the TB closes the BOV is open anyway, that's the whole point of it.

it can open while your idling which personally i dont like AKA standard BOV which is what mine was doing anyway

Nononono mate... the factory BOV leaks @ idle not because it is "to lose/broken/whatever". It leaks @ idle because that is exactly how it was designed to work.

GTR BOV's do the same thing.

The reason behind it is to avoid low RPM comressor surge and a smooth idle etc.

I think you've taken a factory designed purpose being exhibited and confusing it with being broken, which it isn't... It is working 100% as designed ;)

• 3 months later...
im talking about when the throttle butterfly is closed guys...You have metered air passing through the maf sensor and not entering the engine at idle. I know its a plumback system n all but ill choose one that doesnt open at idle. let me know if you know how the metered air is compensated for in the fuel map when this happens and ill stand corrected but i cant see how it is done. I have checked the wiring diagrams and cant see how it is metered accurately...

Seems to have all the answers but thinks air is going in the afm and out the bov when its open on idle. I think its because he knows everything

Vaccum would pull air in through the bov, with less coming in the afm.

think for a second and you will see whats going on here

yes ads you do have a point and we understand it but its really not important .

and your completly wrong bout the problems from it being open at idle . it returns air to the pipe between the afm and the turbo . have you ever seen how much air the turbo blows at idle of you undo one of your intercooler pipes (and put the afm on the j pipe) f**kin heaps