SAU Community

Defects Coming Hard And Fast

Vince66au

Hi Guys,

its been a while since i got back on the forum.

My pride got defected approx a month ago.

I was just returning from work...no speeding nothin.

This low life nothing to do f*k*in cop decided to do a random breath test ( obviously to check my car )

Anyways..this f*ker didnt give me any warning at all....he layed out three fines for defects..

i didnt show any attitude ..but that as**hole didnt show any remorse.

This guys got nothing better to do i say...but to book people like us..

but this was only the beginning....Im not sure how many of you have heard of the DECC.

yes...i was given 14 days to clear my defect...had to run like a dog to get it done since i work from 9-5

Got that passed ..luckily...then i had to get a Noise, pod filter check etc etc,

I think there only a few DECC inspection stations...the closest to me was in granville..

Old real grumpy old man...did not try and help me..

didnt pass me...i had to changed my exhaust, my cat convertor to standard, my Filter to box... ( and not forgetting to put a snorkle on it as well ), my boost controller had to go as well...what shits me the most is...there are cars out there pissin smoke and dust...and bikes and cars with real loud noise...90db is fk all...which is the standard limit...

If they say 90DB is the legal limit ...then how does that justify cars and bikes that are louder.

whats your guys opinion to shit like this ?...Had to take this off my chest...all this has cost me 2000 plus.

Guys...u dont wana get defected for rubbish like this...but i will get my car back on road..

what use is a RB20Det without its parts...my car is back to stock standard now..but ive lost most of my hair from my head...

Isnt there anything we can do ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

its been a while since i got back on the forum.

My pride got defected approx a month ago.

I was just returning from work...no speeding nothin.

This low life nothing to do f*k*in cop decided to do a random breath test ( obviously to check my car )

Anyways..this f*ker didnt give me any warning at all....he layed out three fines for defects..

i didnt show any attitude ..but that as**hole didnt show any remorse.

This guys got nothing better to do i say...but to book people like us..

but this was only the beginning....Im not sure how many of you have heard of the DECC.

yes...i was given 14 days to clear my defect...had to run like a dog to get it done since i work from 9-5

Got that passed ..luckily...then i had to get a Noise, pod filter check etc etc,

I think there only a few DECC inspection stations...the closest to me was in granville..

Old real grumpy old man...did not try and help me..

didnt pass me...i had to changed my exhaust, my cat convertor to standard, my Filter to box... ( and not forgetting to put a snorkle on it as well ), my boost controller had to go as well...what shits me the most is...there are cars out there pissin smoke and dust...and bikes and cars with real loud noise...90db is fk all...which is the standard limit...

If they say 90DB is the legal limit ...then how does that justify cars and bikes that are louder.

whats your guys opinion to shit like this ?...Had to take this off my chest...all this has cost me 2000 plus.

Guys...u dont wana get defected for rubbish like this...but i will get my car back on road..

what use is a RB20Det without its parts...my car is back to stock standard now..but ive lost most of my hair from my head...

Isnt there anything we can do ?

keep your car stock or within legal limits??

sorry im as paranoid as the next guy about defects, but at the end of the day, by installing the mods you know u run the risk of this shit happening so keep it stock/legal or be prepared to be busted..

I had full engineers done on my heavily modified 240z and it was the best peice of mind ever... Cost a fair amount of money, but then I never had to worry about cops when they pulled me over to 'rbt'... Mostly they wanted to check the car out coz they thought it was cool :)

i get mixed reports about engineers certs though, some say their not worth the paper their on and you'll be defected anyway others say their like the anti-christ to cops! if it keeps them off my back ill DEFINITELY get the FMIC and pod box engineered!

I had my R31 engineered for peace of mind, not that it would have done much good if a cop heard the locked diff. but it's a gauntlet you run with modifying cars, that's why my philosophy is to keep the car looking as close to stock as possible inside and out.

nothing wrong with a few stealth mods and a subtle exhaust. doesn't have to be loud - mine is very quiet and flows massively better than the stock system any more gains would be 10% flow and 90% noise.

I got a penalty notice for having the front corner lights blue colour

But I was told turbo timers are illegal...are they illegal?

Edited by Raffa

And don't whinge or call cops names when they do there job and bust you for illegal mods.

Dont want trouble, then leave your ride stock, otherwise- to bad so sad

think about it.. its $2000 you'll only pay once now that you have all the parts. my car has gone from 50mm off the ground, full veilside kit, 5" cannon muffler, bov, 20" rims bla bla to;

100mm off the ground (just), 400r sideskirts (much higher), titanium exhaust with silencer on ALL THE TIME (fucking shit), dose pipe (no bov) and either stockies or 17" enkies. and this has been over around 7-8 lots defects over 5yrs. you learn to either live with it or adjust. time to learn how to adjust i think, mate.

think about it.. its $2000 you'll only pay once now that you have all the parts. my car has gone from 50mm off the ground, full veilside kit, 5" cannon muffler, bov, 20" rims bla bla to;

100mm off the ground (just), 400r sideskirts (much higher), titanium exhaust with silencer on ALL THE TIME (fucking shit), dose pipe (no bov) and either stockies or 17" enkies. and this has been over around 7-8 lots defects over 5yrs. you learn to either live with it or adjust. time to learn how to adjust i think, mate.

sounds like the cops have done the skyline reputation a favour :blink:

yup illegal. I sold my old one for $30 coz it came with the car and I had it replaced with a rhino alarm that had a built in turbo timer that was bought purely because rhino said it was legal for road use. well last blue slip said its not legal aparently even though its meant to be a legal approved alarm system.

Either way I have now learnt that turbo timers are a waste of money, they serve no purpose unless you love thrashing your car right untill you get home and turn it off straight away and you do that everyday for 5 years.... other than that its better to take it easy for a minute or two before you reach you final destination, saves you having a TT.

You do more damge stalling your car while spinning out at the track, one second your oil pressure is through the roof, revs are high, water and oil are hot and turbo is pushing hard, next second the car has stalled, thats where most damage to a turbo comes from (other than fanging it through 45 degree temps)

nah dont think they are illegal bro.